William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and this refers to the entire post of 1839, didn't the PoW want to be "Defender OF faith" and not "Defender of the faith". So things would be different when PW comes to the throne. . .

Correct me if I'm wrong, and this refers to the entire post of 1839, didn't the PoW want to be "Defender OF faith" and not "Defender of the faith". So things would be different when PW comes to the throne. . .

I think he somewhat mentioned it once that it would be nice to be "Defender of Faiths" rather than "Defender of the Faith". From what I've been reading lately the PoW has had an extensive interest in other faiths and beliefs and so did Diana. We have no idea what William's beliefs are because I don't think I have ever seen anywhere where's he's talked about it.

Personally I do see that at one time the Church of England was a driving force in the religious community back in its time. I think where Charles may be coming from is that the world is so much more globalized now and there is a wider mixture of faiths in the UK communities and being Defender of Faiths would include all citizens no matter what they believe. Its also been pointed out that it would take a whole lot of history away from the monarchy and if I remember right... acts of Parliament. I really don't see it happening as the Church of England has been the state religion for centuries.

Ok.. folks.. time to set 'Sippi straight here where she's got things wrong yet again. :whistling:

I think he somewhat mentioned it once that it would be nice to be "Defender of Faiths" rather than "Defender of the Faith". From what I've been reading lately the PoW has had an extensive interest in other faiths and beliefs and so did Diana. We have no idea what William's beliefs are because I don't think I have ever seen anywhere where's he's talked about it.
Funny you mention that, I haven't seen anything or read anything either. Interesting.

Funny you mention that, I haven't seen anything or read anything either. Interesting.

To be honest.. I'm not overly surprised either. Charles, to me, comes across as an aesthetic wishing to know more. Diana was seeking answers and something beyond her grasp she couldn't put a handle on. William and Harry both are well adjusted young men who perhaps haven't had a reason to deeply delve into the spiritual nature of things enough to really form an opinion that they'd state about in public.

To be honest.. I'm not overly surprised either. Charles, to me, comes across as an aesthetic wishing to know more. Diana was seeking answers and something beyond her grasp she couldn't put a handle on. William and Harry both are well adjusted young men who perhaps haven't had a reason to deeply delve into the spiritual nature of things enough to really form an opinion that they'd state about in public.
Makes me wonder if Harry prayed over in Afghanistan. I know my youngest when he was in Iraq, got blessings and prayers there.

Makes me wonder if Harry prayed over in Afghanistan. I know my youngest when he was in Iraq, got blessings and prayers there.

I think when you're in a situation like Iraq.. there are short forms that can act as prayers. "OH shi... " is a very common one. Prayer no matter how its done is a powerful force and works I believe. As to either William or Harry attending chapel or any religious services while in service... I have no clue.

(following Russo around with a big empty wine glass) :w00t:

Didn't William and Harry once wear those Kabbalah red strings around their wrists? That could say something about their spiritual side?

Didn't William and Harry once wear those Kabbalah red strings around their wrists? That could say something about their spiritual side?

I haven't read or heard anything about them but yet again it wouldn't surprise me. Both of their parents were seekers of estoteric knowledge and that had to rub off a bit.

For one, to actually study and learn the Kaballah, one has to have an extensive knowledge of Judaism.. its a mystical branch of that religion. I've explored it a bit and this is the first I've heard of the red strings so I did a bit of looking.

Wearing a thin red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom, popularly thought to be associated with Judaism's Kabbalah, to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye" (עין הרע in Hebrew). In Yiddish the red string is called a roite bindele.

Red string (Kabbalah) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really think it would show their spiritual side but like many of us, wear talismans or amulets or carry a lucky coin that are reputed to benefit ourselves.

I researched the word Paramour and got "an illicit lover of a married person" is that what you meant? :)

IMO Kate is just the girlfriend of the prince.

or in the vernacular of years gone by "main squeeze" or 'his ol' lady" or even "his SO" :lol:

"His Significant Other"?.... That is really going waay back. lol

"His Significant Other"?.... That is really going waay back. lol

going waaaay back..he'd say she's the "bee's knees". :ROFLMAO:

That was a trend that has long died out. I don't think many of the celebrities who supported it really knew much about or even cared about Jewish mysticism. Just a fad.

:previous:
Not only people who practice Kabbalah wear red strings for protection against the evil eye, Italians, Spanish, and some Turkish people also do this. Although, most Turkish wear a eye on blue string (same with most Greeks). When I married I had to tie a red string around my grader-belt as to ward all evil thoughts of people who might not wish us well on our wedding day...

Ps Way off topic...but why not: In China the bride wears red because it is good luck and keeps evil away...

There's also the "red string of fate." The fable is something about a boy is introduced to his soulmate. He doesn't want her & throws a rock at her. Her face is scarred for life. Many years later, on his wedding night --it was an arranged marriage-- he meets the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. She has something covering over her eye, and she explains that when she was a little girl, a boy threw a rock & hurt her.

The red string of fate is, iirc, a Chinese tale of soulmates, who are tied together by a red string.

I could not say what the reason was for the red string, if it was for kabbalh or otherwise.

The chinese do place meanings to colors, though. Red always symbolized good fortune and the direction of west. For the Chinese, white was a color associated with death. In the West, white is purity, hence used for a bride. The Chinese would interpret the color differently.

Wow what a fantastic diversity of meaning of wearing a red string. I really liked all the different interpretations. For whatever reason the princes were wearing them, it just goes to show the diverse cultures that are part and parcel of our every day lives these days.

This is a small example of where I was trying to state that at one time the PoW mentioned being "Defender of Faiths". It is very possible that by the time William does reach the throne that just may be what he will be considered. Its quite off in the distant future and who can really know what will happen by then. As stated before there's a lot of history behind "Defender of the Faith" and most likely would take legislation to change.

I would like to say that maybe red is just his favorite color, but I heard that his favorite colors are actually hunter green and blue:)

Wow what a fantastic diversity of meaning of wearing a red string. I really liked all the different interpretations. For whatever reason the princes were wearing them, it just goes to show the diverse cultures that are part and parcel of our every day lives these days.

This is a small example of where I was trying to state that at one time the PoW mentioned being "Defender of Faiths". It is very possible that by the time William does reach the throne that just may be what he will be considered. Its quite off in the distant future and who can really know what will happen by then. As stated before there's a lot of history behind "Defender of the Faith" and most likely would take legislation to change.

It was Defender of Faith - singular not plural.

It will definitely take legislation to change it as it was legislation that created it for Henry VIII (the second time after the Pope revoked it). This is one reason why I doubt that it would happen as that would lead to all sorts of things about the royal family being debated and could backfire and see a whole range of things get changed - it is the same reason why they are wary about changing the Act of Settlement or the RMA.

The book's title says the United kingdom's most followed couple. Does that mean A) that they are a topic of interest that people follow the most, or B) that they are stalked by the papazzari the most...

Or it could just be C) all of the above... :)

The book's title says the United kingdom's most followed couple. Does that mean A) that they are a topic of interest that people follow the most, or B) that they are stalked by the papazzari the most...

Or it could just be C) all of the above... :)
Psst! It's usually "D": All of the Above. You need to come up with another "C".

:D

She isn't doing things now that she wasn't doing then except that she did try to have a job outside the family but the press hounded her. She tried to get involved with public things like the boat race and the skating thing but again she got bad press so probably decided that she should not do anything in the public as a result.

I don't think she went looking for press coverage with these things but more that the press was there and was negative so she withdrew. She never really encouraged them but tried to live with them and they made it impossible for her.

i dont agree. Kate to "hate" the press?
I can't beleive that someone who has complained of press intrusion, would actually arrange a photo-op.:ermm: exclusive photoshoot of Kate's training , and with her crewmates posing exclusively for Hello!
Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
But she like the fame/ magazines,especially 'Hello Magazine :whistling:
maybe, no she 'love' having the paps follow her
happy with the paps:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/152/katemheathrow5ry6.jpg 2006 (?)
http://kateblogsworth.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/pippakatebigcab_468x330.jpg?w=640 2007 May
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/middleton080607_468x972.jpg 2007
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/yummytofu/_41327936_midlleton_mother2005_rex.jpg 2005
sad with the paps:
http://www.thedailykate.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2009-0914-kateraffles.png 2007October
http://www.soundoffcolumn.com/images/kate-middleton-photo-4.jpg 2008(?)
http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/kate-photos.jpg 2009 november
like the boat race :because, to go on vacation with William
"The girls are slightly perplexed – this should have been mentioned three months ago, not two-and-a-half weeks before the race," an insider tells people.

It appears that she enjoys the attention now... but will that change in time, it usually does when fame becomes very unfulfilling.

So are you suggesting that everytime she is photographed smiling, she is "happy with the paps"?

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you suggesting that everytime she is photographed smiling, she is "happy with the paps"?
hi Muriel :)
sorry.word wrong: happy
no bothering. Is better!?:flowers:
before 2007(beforeof break)

Courting paps can be a very dangerous thing. Diana did that, and paid a price for it. The press could care less if the image is positive or negative, as long as it will gain attention.

I'm sorry but if you had the press following you around every day, sometimes you are happy sometimes you are sad. If you've woken up and your having a bad day, the press is just going to make it worse.
I think we can assume that after 2007, her and William made some kind of agreement, and she's changed her attitude because of whatever that agreement was.
If your nicey nice to the press all the time, the press are going to expect that all the time. The press need to know where they stand with this woman, and the law suit showed them that.

It's sad but maybe this is William's destiny To marry Kate and then disappearMaybe his fate is this: to stop blue-blood continuitySome royals are made like this Will never stand out and do something right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom