William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's friends with benefits until they want kids IMO otherwise Kate could end up being like Diana, hounded to death by the press.

Diana was not killed by the press, she was killed because she did not have her seatbelt on.

How can you call an eight year relationship, friends with benefits?
William is not going to let any wife of his turn out like his mother.

It's friends with benefits until they want kids IMO otherwise Kate could end up being like Diana, hounded to death by the press.

FWB or the other commonly-used expression for what you're talking about that we can't post here is not used to describe people in a committed relationship. Hence the word "friends" in the beginning of "Friends With Benefits". That's not William and Kate.

If you have that kind of set-up with someone, you aren't dating them. You're either single or dating other people and only see each other for purely sexual reasons.

THAT'S what "friends with benefits" is. You're friends, but you have the benefits of being in a relationship with them (the sex), without actually being in a relationship with them.

William is 28, what's the rush to get married? Victoria was 32, Albert's in his 50's and still not married. He has his whole life ahead of him, he shouldn't feel any pressure to marry. Heck, his dad was 32-33 and he was the heir to the throne, so no rush for them, all though I'm sure we all want to see a wedding soon. ;)

reasons.

THAT'S what "friends with benefits" is. You're friends, but you have the benefits of being in a relationship with them (the sex), without actually being in a relationship with them.

What a lovely way of putting it, there are such quaint expressions in English.
We have one that I have always liked, "if the cap fits, wear it".

It is a myth that the press hounded Diana to death, she sometimes loved them she sometimes found them uncomfortable, but as Lumut said, if she had worn a seatbelt she would perhaps still be alive today. If she were I am sure she would have a say about her son and his friendships.

If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate or Chelsy wouldn't even be in the picture if Diana survived the car crash.

If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate or Chelsy wouldn't even be in the picture if Diana survived the car crash.

Well it's a given that they would be different people.
As to the Kate and Chelsy, we can't speculate what would have happened if Diana were alive.

If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead.

I agree Sonjapearl about Prince William and Prince Harry. Had Diana, Princess of Wales lived she would have had more time to guide them in their teens and becoming adults.:flowers:

Went grocery shopping and the Star tabloid's front page announced that Ms Middelton is pregnant and the BRF is hurrying a marriage, so there wouldn't be a scandal. I got a good laugh. Must be a real slow summer for news.:flowers:

I'd prefer the US press to focus on the oil spill and the November elections, and less on the possible maybe kind of well it could be marriage between William and Kate.

I'd prefer the US press to focus on the oil spill and the November elections, and less on the possible maybe kind of well it could be marriage between William and Kate.

Surely the thought of a bit of glamour is just what a country suffering the kind of disaster that the US is suffering with the oil spill and the rising death toll from the unwinnable war in Afghanistan is just the morale booster a country needs. They can still focus on the bad things but guessing about some possible good things isn't all bad though.

I agree whole-heartedly. I don't really like the idea of them living together, but I realize that's what people do now. Better to be upfront about it, I suppose; when William's parents married, we were led to believe that she spent the engagement at Clarence House. She was actually at Buckingham Palace for most of the time.

William & Kate taking their time to commit to a life of not just marriage but also royal service to the people of Great Britain & beyond shows that they have respect for marriage, their families, the people, and each other. - It is better to take your time and get it right than do as so many 'celebs' do and rush into a 'wedding' with no respect for the marriage!

Surely the thought of a bit of glamour is just what a country suffering the kind of disaster that the US is suffering with the oil spill and the rising death toll from the unwinnable war in Afghanistan is just the morale booster a country needs. They can still focus on the bad things but guessing about some possible good things isn't all bad though.

I am rather amused that the wedding of the heir to the British throne would be the morale booster that the US needs. :lol:

I am rather amused that the wedding of the heir to the British throne would be the morale booster that the US needs. :lol:

It is more the celebrity side of it to give people some joy to look forward to rather than his position - just as last week's royal glamour added some prettiness to the world at the moment.

why focus on the negative things :)) Like it or not, the powers will do what they gonna do. I would love to hear good news, like Wills and Kate engagement for example! Cheers !
And if you really wanna focus on the oil spill you can, but this would be the wrong forum :)

I said the US press, not this forum. Clearly here we are talking about royalty as that's the whole subject of this site.

Went grocery shopping and the Star tabloid's front page announced that Ms Middelton is pregnant and the BRF is hurrying a marriage, so there wouldn't be a scandal. I got a good laugh. Must be a real slow summer for news.

It's now in an Australian magazine, which i refused to buy because everything that i have read in those magazines are guesswork, or simply made up of 'what if' situations.

E.g. one i read (silly me) several weeks ago was along the lines of the heading 'Wills betrays Kate'. The 'meat' of the story (if it could be called that) is that someone in a crowd had asked P William if he was getting married soon (rude person) and William replied 'not yet'. And that was it. "Wills betrays Kate"! Hah! Those 'journalists' will write anything.

ps; i don't believe Kate is pregnant.

The way the Royals are treating Kate Middleton is pure bad manners | Mail Online

What on earth is going on with Prince William and Kate Middleton?
Obscured by the kerfuffle over his brother’s bust-up with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy, William’s weekend statement about his marriage intentions appears to have kicked all prospect of him getting married in the near future into the long grass.
To the dismay of many, the Prince referred to the prediction he made five years ago when he said he would marry when he was ‘28 or even 30’.

:previous:

A very interesting article with many interesting points. One I noticed was the description of the arrangements in Cornwall as "living in connubial bliss" well that is one way of saying it. Another was that Prince Charles is happy with the "status quo" perhaps that is a compromise, wasn´t Prince Charles supposed to be behind the break up some time ago when he was supposed to have told William that if he didn´t intend to marry Kate he should break it off. Perhaps William didn´t want to break up completely with Kate, and found a way to stay with her that didn´t annoy his father. IMHO of course.
Then the point that I had completely missed, the papers had said that Kate´s mother Carole, she of the flying saucer hat, was in the royal enclosure. For the members who are not very keen on the idea of a marriage that was an "oh no!" moment but it was remarked in the article that Carole was not wearing Royal enclosure pass, so it seems she was not in the royal enclosure, these passes are not something that one leaves off or lets drop to the ground unnoticed. If you are not wearing one, one is asked to leave.
As to bad manners, the royals are not bad mannered, they have impeccable manners, they act the way they are supposed to and can invite, not invite, accept or not accept whoever they want.

Would William be able to get away with a small wedding like his cousin Peter Phillips? I mean with the current economic situation the world is in, is it a smart idea?

I'm not opposed to it because I live in the US, we don't get that here and I love seeing all the pageantry that is associated with royalty. My concern is the amount of taxpayers money that will spent and would that cast a negative view on the BRF?

Would William be able to get away with a small wedding like his cousin Peter Phillips? I mean with the current economic situation the world is in, is it a smart idea?

I'm not opposed to it because I live in the US, we don't get that here and I love seeing all the pageantry that is associated with royalty. My concern is the amount of taxpayers money that will spent and would that cast a negative view on the BRF?

It would be telecast of course, which Peter's wasn't but yes I do believe that the royals would prefer to see a few more smaller weddings after the disastrous marriages of Anne, Charles and Andrew, who all had the big wedding affairs in London.

Royals didn't always have these affairs and past monarchs and heirs to the throne have had the smaller weddings e.g. George V, Edward VII and even Queen Victoria.

In my opinion Kate already up-stages Camillia ...but I never really did care for The Duchess.. and of course William and the young royals are more appealing then the older ones... this is normal, but then again Charles never did like to be up-staged by a young pretty woman ...now did he?:ermm:

I really don't think the Roayls are treating Kate bad at all. If she did not like her status she could leave, when ever she wanted...she seems very happy to be the girlfriend of Prince William ..and she does not seem to mind that it maybe 10 years before they marry...and if it does bother her I don't think we will know it.

Christopher Wilson sucks. :yuk: Didn't he write a couple of books about Wills & Harry and Diana? I think one of them was something like, Diana's Boys? I skimmed over that one in a store once and wasn't impressed. His writing is for people who are not accustomed to doing a lot of thinking!! :bang:

:bang: This kind of so called article, incredibly offensive and mean, written by a so called journalist is the exact reason why William will not get married soon.
Agree! But why was Catherine's mother not invited into royal circles? I think Ms Davies was because she was with the Princesses of York.:flowers:

Agree! But why was Catherine's mother not invited into royal circles? I think Ms Davies was because she was with the Princesses of York.:flowers:

Theres a difference between a royal girlfriend and royal girlfriends mother.

Yeah, I doubt we'd see Kate's parents at any royal functions before an engagement. And only then it might be Christmas or another holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom