William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Middleton were pregnant, she'd have a ring on her finger so we would all know about it. :)
People make up stories to sell.
I meant under the current circumtances, if she were pregnant... if she WERE, not "is"...:D

the article says they began dating in 2005. didnt they start in 2002?

ahhh i see:). they should get the dates right though, if they expect us to believe their stories:)

People Magazine has a new issue out called The Royals: Thier Lives, Loves and Secrets.... the have a whole section on Kate in it, not that it is anything new but she was incluldes along with may other royals... good issue great pics....

Ps: Chelsy is in it too...sorry I always forget about her ....

we might see her today at the England game if she went with him...

I hope this relationship either formalizes or ends soon.

The tawdry press madeup headlines are not doing favors to either party (but it's not their fault either, that the press invents these stories.)

Among all these speculations, one thing is for certain: whoever William marries, he's not going to have much hair left on his wedding day.

William pic

I don’t think they should marry on the date his parents got married honestly their (Charles and Diane) marriage failed why would anyone want to get married on their divorced parents wedding date? :ermm:

Kate Middleton moves in with Prince William... so are wedding bells on the cards? | Mail Online
‘Kate no longer works on a full-time basis at the offices of Party Pieces as those closest to her feel it wouldn’t be fitting for a future Queen to be working on a family-run web*site,’ reveals a friend.

‘Kate used to be the photographer for Party Pieces, but they’ve hired Millie Pilkington to replace her and Kate is now focusing on her life with William while he trains at RAF Valley.
I really, really hope this is one of Katie Nicholl's fiction. :argh:

There lies the lead in "getcha to buy the paper" bit. Its not like she's not been to the place in Wales before.. they were spotted shopping locally a while ago.

For those that didn't read the entire article.. it also spoke of Beatrice and Eugenie doing some bingo thingie and what I found more important is that Wills gets another honorific medal? Of course that comes at the wee end of a rag mag article.

BTW: Victoria's dress is very much as I'd picture Kate choosing. I think both Wills and Kate would keep it simple.

As far as Katie Nichols goes... I'm still waiting to get her book. To be honest.. I don't know who she is or how she writes but looking forward to reading the book.

On an off note... I did watch the wedding on SVT and to be honest.. the only way I did recognize Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex was that he wore his Order of the Garter. its YOU folks that have taught me a lot.
Two years ago I logged in here for ladies hats at Ascot.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Little Rain, I totally agree with you on that one. I'm not superstitious, but that does not seem like a good omen for a marriage. I think William and Kate are more suited to each other though. Charles was so much older than Diana and they didn't really have much in common.

Little Rain, I totally agree with you on that one. I'm not superstitious, but that does not seem like a good omen for a marriage. I think William and Kate are more suited to each other though. Charles was so much older than Diana and they didn't really have much in common.

I think its us and the press and the naysayer by the lamp post that is putting this slant on Wills and Kate. Oh wait... then there's the press that needs to sell a paper for a dime. 'Baby bump for Kate".

I, for one, would love to see Will remember his mother on his wedding day. What son wouldn't? But it will be in his own way.. the way HE wants to. Could even be marrying Kate in a water park if you get my meaning.

Anyone out there that actually based their marriage on their parent's?

Can I ask in regards to criticism William has received in the past for not showing much affection to Kate in the public eye. What about the foreign royals when they were dating did they show lots of affection in public? I'm just wondering if all royals are like that while dating or is it just William and the decisions he's made to keep his relationship personal and not to hype the press.

Can I ask in regards to criticism William has received in the past for not showing much affection to Kate in the public eye. What about the foreign royals when they were dating did they show lots of affection in public? I'm just wondering if all royals are like that while dating or is it just William and the decisions he's made to keep his relationship personal and not to hype the press.

From what I've learned.. actually in the public eye... you are just that. and act with discretion and decorum.

One thing I learned watching the Swedish wedding.. you never ever kiss in church or have bare shoulders. Saw one lady stop at the church steps and put her shoulders on.

My personal view on Will and Kate is that these two know each other very well and she'd most likely be quoted years from now as "I loved the wait time.. it was time to be ... um.. just us."

If you get a chance.. watch the videos of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. It was stately, white tie, very protocol.
Victoria did a lot of thumb action. Its the nuances that are somewhat overlooked in the public eye. :)

After seeing Victoria's wedding, will William's wedding be bigger/grander?

I thought the Stockholm Cathedral seemed pretty cramped. Everyone seemed to be right next to each other and so close to the couple. I guess I was expecting something like Westminster or St. George's.

I thought the church looked cramped, too. I guess after seeing video of Frederik and Mary's wedding and how much room there was outside the cathedral for the cheering crowds and then inside for all the guests, I was expecting something similar. Of course, Stockholm is considerably smaller than Copenhagen, so that more than likely has something to do with it. Is the Storkyrkan the largest cathedral in Stockholm? I guess I was expecting the wedding of the future queen to be a little.....larger, maybe.

William's wedding will be larger in terms of size, no doubt. Whether he's married at St. Paul's or Westminster, it'll be bigger than the Storkyrkan.

Considering that she says that he will be training for the next three years rather than actually serving having finished his training and hasn't actually said anything all that new I wouldn't put a lot of credence in this - typical paper stuff - 'they might annouce their engagement soon' it all that it really said and that is what the press has been saying for the last 5 years or more.

Well that's nice, not even married and she's already bossing him about ;)

Considering that she says that he will be training for the next three years rather than actually serving having finished his training and hasn't actually said anything all that new I wouldn't put a lot of credence in this.
I wouldn't consider a report saying that Kate has given-up her so-called job to be a full time live-in girlfriend to be 'nothing new', especially considering how hard her supporters are trying to sell the image of the hard-working, independent Kate who has better things to do than being at the beck and call of her boyfriend.

However we will agree that, considering Nicholl's track record, unless another more reliable source confirms this it's pure speculation.

the article says they began dating in 2005. didnt they start in 2002?
No. They were both dating other people in 2002. Kate broke up with her boyfriend at the end of 2003 and her and William started dating. They were outed a few months later on a skiing trip in early 2004 (there are photos).

I wouldn't consider a report saying that Kate has given-up her so-called job to be a full time live-in girlfriend to be 'nothing new', especially considering how hard her supporters are trying to sell the image of the hard-working, independent Kate who has better things to do than being at the beck and call of her boyfriend.

However we will agree that, considering Nicholl's track record, unless another more reliable source confirms this it's pure speculation.

I don't think that it is all that new as it has been known for some time that she has been living in Wales with William and therefore it is logical to make the connection that she can't be working full time for her family any more. I had figured that much out weeks ago and therefore assumed that most people would have also reached the same conclusion based on the evidence of where she is now living. Hence my comment that it wasn't all that new.

There is no doubt since graduating from College... her experience in the work place has been ... ahem......sparse, and it does not look good at all. She seems to have spent the last several years doing absolutely nothing so to speak. I really can't see how it will endear her to the public at large if and when the rock appears on her finger.

Plus..........having viewed the swedish royal wedding... NOTHING... but NOTHING... will beat this for true love... emotion ..and sheer joy. The groom's speech alone would make one believe in the pure magic of love. SIGH !!!!

William & Kate taking their time to commit to a life of not just marriage but also royal service to the people of Great Britain & beyond shows that they have respect for marriage, their families, the people, and each other. - It is better to take your time and get it right than do as so many 'celebs' do and rush into a 'wedding' with no respect for the marriage!

I don't think that it is all that new as it has been known for some time that she has been living in Wales with William and therefore it is logical to make the connection that she can't be working full time for her family any more.
What can you mean?
There has been two sightings of them in Wales, both on week-ends, the logical conclusion being that she was visiting him on her 'off' time (trying not to laugh there), not moving in with him and giving up all pretence of work.
And if you believe what was written is Nicholl's article, why did you say you put not credence in it?

William & Kate taking their time to commit to a life of not just marriage but also royal service to the people of Great Britain & beyond shows that they have respect for marriage, their families, the people, and each other. - It is better to take your time and get it right than do as so many 'celebs' do and rush into a 'wedding' with no respect for the marriage!

That's how I've always viewed it as well. Victoria and Daniel were together 8 years before they finally married. What I've always found puzzling is the notion that since William and Kate have been together for so long, the fact they aren't married yet means they won't get married at all. Considering that if they do in fact get married, they will be the King and Queen of England....you'd think the decision to marry would be taken soberly and with careful forethought. They aren't just going to be life partners and parents, they will be the rulers of England the parents of the future King or Queen. Also taking into consideration the fact that his parents, his aunt and one of his uncles divorced....he may not want to rush into something that has such long-reaching consequences.

A long relationship didn't destroy Victoria and Daniel, so why are people so quick to assume it will in Kate and William's case?

^well in Victoria's case, Daniel wasn't her first serious relationship (she had a very long-term one before that floundered) and she met him when she was a developed and accomplished adult, not a teenager. So the situation is a bit different.

What can you mean?
There has been two sightings of them in Wales, both on week-ends, the logical conclusion being that she was visiting him on her 'off' time (trying not to laugh there), not moving in with him and giving up all pretence of work.
And if you believe what was written is Nicholl's article, why did you say you put not credence in it?

The reports were of them doing grocery shopping and there have also been reports of them setting up house there. You don't go grocery shopping with a weekend visitor. You spend that time doing more romantic things. William has been training during the week so she hasn't been seen with him but that then do the grocery shopping together - shows a living together relationship to me.

I don't put much credence in Nicholl's when she claims that she is breaking something new as I don't regard her as reliable.

However, what she says in this article is nothing new. She wasn't saying things I hadn't read somewhere else or worked out for myself so she isn't the one breaking the news so she gets a pass on this for repeating already reported stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom