William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4. ...Can't wait to see the ring.....though I imagine its a bit soon to hand down the blue sapphire....that will have to wait a few generations until the bad luck associated with it has wained !!!
I thought that Diana's ring was picked out of the collection by Harry - that he took the ring when given the chance to pick one of her possessions. William picked her watch I thought. Huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.

Ugh - I will be over there around this time - that's just great.

I was going to post saying that it sounds to me that all the planets are aligned and I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement announcement were indeed forthcoming, then I read Dierna's post. But I still think there are many factors, particularly those noted by Miss Garnett, that still make me think an announcement may be made soon, with a winter wedding.

Maybe those "official engagements" are an announcement of a betrothal, sayeth Russo stirring the pot! :whistling:

Wow a winter wedding would be amazing! I just hope William and Kate are happy and very much in love.

It's possible Tina Brown was unofficially told this info to see the reaction...judging by the Diana Chronicles book, she has some very good sources. It makes sense why she is the one to get this information.

What Tina Brown writes I always take with a grain of salt. Though the rumours are very exciting..

But btw, I intend to believe that something might be happening too ... the snow pics were quite an indication, Wills and the Middleton Clan getting cozy.

I too agree, to my chagrin, that this might be it.

I just hope I am pleasantly surprised on the type of royal Kate will make. As determined and single minded as she has been about marrying William, I hope it is all worth it to her and the Monarchy.

I have always been expecting a 2010 announcement because Wills said in the past that he wouldn't marry before age 28, and guess which birthday is coming this June?
I'm hoping the rumors are true, just so we don't have any more talk about Waity Katie not doing anything with her life except being photographed on vacation with Wills.
I'm also guessing Westminster Abbey for the occasion. That is where most of the big weddings take place in the modern era. Saint Paul's was a anomaly that ended badly 15 years later. They need a throwback to the old days.

I really hope this is all true, So we can move on to a wedding thread instead of all this guessing and wondering for 7 years......

Some of the media have been touting Tina Brown as a "royal expert", which she is not, usually royal engagements have been a surprise announcement so it makes me suspicious when all these "leaks" have been aired.;)

I too agree, to my chagrin, that this might be it.

I just hope I am pleasantly surprised on the type of royal Kate will make. As determined and single minded as she has been about marrying William, I hope it is all worth it to her and the Monarchy.

I have to agree but I am afraid I will not be pleasantly surprised.
But I must add this small quote from the Daily Mail Article on the Rumours,

""There will be many more stories like these. The only person who really knows what William's intentions are is William and perhaps Kate.

The word "perhaps" is the one that caught my eye more than any other.

ha ha! Quite right

On the other hand, I wouldn't expect William to 'ditch' her now that he's almost 30. No disrespect here. :flowers:

It is my opinion that Kate knows excetly what Williams intentions are...She has that evil (for the lack of a better word,its early) smile like I have a secret you all want to know.....lol........Perhaps she is the one to keep us geussing ....

They will marry? Really. That is great. Kate is so cute and William too!
Im so excited!

no confirmation, just yet more speculation!

They would NEVER announce William's engagement on June 3 -- it's the Duke of Windsor's wedding anniversary! I can't think of too many less auspicious dates for an heir to the throne to become engaged.

If Tina Brown were a more thorough journalist, she'd have done a little research and spotted the immediately.

they have announce other things on wedding anniversary's, death anniversary's, and so on.... i don't think the Duke of Windsor will matter much here..IMO maybe the 4th as long as they announce soon it is tooo long now with out any word from them.......

They would NEVER announce William's engagement on June 3 -- it's the Duke of Windsor's wedding anniversary!

Besides your goodself is there anyone left in the world who would know that..... can't see that stopping them !!!

Well if they get hitched I would not be surprised they have been together for nearly a decade pretty much together all the time except one break up in 2007. They are smart imo to have dated a while because lets face William family dont have the best luck at a successful marriage do they. So hope if they do marry its for love and not any other factors.

You know what I think would make a good topic for a thread now that Wills and Kate just MAY be ready to um.. jump the broom, tie the knot, hook on the ball and chain etc... What are some traditional wedding practices for royals as far as good luck.. bad luck etc. Isn't there something like wearing a sixpence in one of the slippers for the bride supposedly good luck?

Personally outside of the events going on such as the election in May and the grand events in London for 2012, I don't really see any reason why anything else would matter to the couple as far as planning a wedding... even to the choice of using St. Paul's for the venue. Even so..we do have to remember that this isn't going to be so sudden... planning has probably been in the works for this wedding for a very long time... like the Queen Mother's funeral. We're just the last to know. :whistling:

In the vein of guessing what will happen, does anybody have an opinion on whether the wedding will be a morning affair with "breakfast," a la Charles & Diana, afterwards or more like Mary & Frederik's in the afternoon (tiara alert), with an evening reception?

Well, I have no clue if this will happen but i would love to see a afternoon wedding with a dinner to follow with all the royals and fixings.....

:rolleyes: Let's not jump the gun here people....

Just because Tina Brown wrote about Diana a while back doesn't make her a "royal expert" and it certainly doesn't mean she's "in the know".
The Palace has already debunked this false rumour.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zara married before William. She certainly seems more ready than he is. And I could see her having a winter wedding.

good point maybe the 3rd and 4th are cleared for Zara and Mike

Besides your goodself is there anyone left in the world who would know that..... can't see that stopping them !!!

Are you kidding? I'm sure they check things like that before they schedule things. That wedding caused a major turn in the Queen's life -- and her mother always attributed George VI's death to being forced onto the throne. They remember it... Plus, they could count on reporters (at least ones more enterprising than Tina Brown) writing stories comparing Edward VIII's wedding and William's upcoming nuptials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom