The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
"His Significant Other"?.... That is really going waay back. lol
going waaaay back..he'd say she's the "bee's knees".

Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Didn't William and Harry once wear those Kabbalah red strings around their wrists? That could say something about their spiritual side?
That was a trend that has long died out. I don't think many of the celebrities who supported it really knew much about or even cared about Jewish mysticism. Just a fad.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Not only people who practice Kabbalah wear red strings for protection against the evil eye, Italians, Spanish, and some Turkish people also do this. Although, most Turkish wear a eye on blue string (same with most Greeks). When I married I had to tie a red string around my grader-belt as to ward all evil thoughts of people who might not wish us well on our wedding day...

Ps Way off topic...but why not: In China the bride wears red because it is good luck and keeps evil away...
Old 07-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Gentry

There's also the "red string of fate." The fable is something about a boy is introduced to his soulmate. He doesn't want her & throws a rock at her. Her face is scarred for life. Many years later, on his wedding night --it was an arranged marriage-- he meets the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. She has something covering over her eye, and she explains that when she was a little girl, a boy threw a rock & hurt her.

The red string of fate is, iirc, a Chinese tale of soulmates, who are tied together by a red string.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

I could not say what the reason was for the red string, if it was for kabbalh or otherwise.

The chinese do place meanings to colors, though. Red always symbolized good fortune and the direction of west. For the Chinese, white was a color associated with death. In the West, white is purity, hence used for a bride. The Chinese would interpret the color differently.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wow what a fantastic diversity of meaning of wearing a red string. I really liked all the different interpretations. For whatever reason the princes were wearing them, it just goes to show the diverse cultures that are part and parcel of our every day lives these days.

This is a small example of where I was trying to state that at one time the PoW mentioned being "Defender of Faiths". It is very possible that by the time William does reach the throne that just may be what he will be considered. Its quite off in the distant future and who can really know what will happen by then. As stated before there's a lot of history behind "Defender of the Faith" and most likely would take legislation to change.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to say that maybe red is just his favorite color, but I heard that his favorite colors are actually hunter green and blue:)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Wow what a fantastic diversity of meaning of wearing a red string. I really liked all the different interpretations. For whatever reason the princes were wearing them, it just goes to show the diverse cultures that are part and parcel of our every day lives these days.

This is a small example of where I was trying to state that at one time the PoW mentioned being "Defender of Faiths". It is very possible that by the time William does reach the throne that just may be what he will be considered. Its quite off in the distant future and who can really know what will happen by then. As stated before there's a lot of history behind "Defender of the Faith" and most likely would take legislation to change.

It was Defender of Faith - singular not plural.

It will definitely take legislation to change it as it was legislation that created it for Henry VIII (the second time after the Pope revoked it). This is one reason why I doubt that it would happen as that would lead to all sorts of things about the royal family being debated and could backfire and see a whole range of things get changed - it is the same reason why they are wary about changing the Act of Settlement or the RMA.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Courtier

Amazon.com: Prince William and Kate Middleton: United Kingdom's…

New Book?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

The book's title says the United kingdom's most followed couple. Does that mean A) that they are a topic of interest that people follow the most, or B) that they are stalked by the papazzari the most...

Or it could just be C) all of the above... :)
Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
The book's title says the United kingdom's most followed couple. Does that mean A) that they are a topic of interest that people follow the most, or B) that they are stalked by the papazzari the most...

Or it could just be C) all of the above... :)
Psst! It's usually "D": All of the Above. You need to come up with another "C".

Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought something was missing... ROTFL
Old 08-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She isn't doing things now that she wasn't doing then except that she did try to have a job outside the family but the press hounded her. She tried to get involved with public things like the boat race and the skating thing but again she got bad press so probably decided that she should not do anything in the public as a result.

I don't think she went looking for press coverage with these things but more that the press was there and was negative so she withdrew. She never really encouraged them but tried to live with them and they made it impossible for her.
i dont agree. Kate to "hate" the press?
I can't beleive that someone who has complained of press intrusion, would actually arrange a photo-op. exclusive photoshoot of Kate's training , and with her crewmates posing exclusively for Hello!
Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
But she like the fame/ magazines,especially 'Hello Magazine
maybe, no she 'love' having the paps follow her
happy with the paps:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1...athrow5ry6.jpg 2006 (?)
http://kateblogsworth.files.wordpres...x330.jpg?w=640 2007 May
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...07_468x972.jpg 2007
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...er2005_rex.jpg 2005
sad with the paps:
http://www.thedailykate.org/wp-conte...ateraffles.png 2007October
http://www.soundoffcolumn.com/images...on-photo-4.jpg 2008(?)
http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/w...ate-photos.jpg 2009 november
like the boat race :because, to go on vacation with William
"The girls are slightly perplexed – this should have been mentioned three months ago, not two-and-a-half weeks before the race," an insider tells people.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

It appears that she enjoys the attention now... but will that change in time, it usually does when fame becomes very unfulfilling.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Majesty

So are you suggesting that everytime she is photographed smiling, she is "happy with the paps"?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
So are you suggesting that everytime she is photographed smiling, she is "happy with the paps"?
hi Muriel
sorry.word wrong: happy
no bothering. Is better!?
before 2007(beforeof break)
Old 08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Courting paps can be a very dangerous thing. Diana did that, and paid a price for it. The press could care less if the image is positive or negative, as long as it will gain attention.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but if you had the press following you around every day, sometimes you are happy sometimes you are sad. If you've woken up and your having a bad day, the press is just going to make it worse.
I think we can assume that after 2007, her and William made some kind of agreement, and she's changed her attitude because of whatever that agreement was.
If your nicey nice to the press all the time, the press are going to expect that all the time. The press need to know where they stand with this woman, and the law suit showed them that.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

It's sad but maybe this is William's destiny To marry Kate and then disappearMaybe his fate is this: to stop blue-blood continuitySome royals are made like this Will never stand out and do something right

Closed Thread