The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1781  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Garatshausen, Germany
Posts: 1,114
That would be very heavy for her. But I don´t know how the relationship is in reality.
__________________

__________________

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
  #1782  
Old 07-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
I think when William meets "the one", he will marry very quickly. Whilst I think that he isn't ready to marry anyone, I also think he doesn't want to marry Kate.

Some good sense from Frankinscence.
__________________

  #1783  
Old 07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Donna Mia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 164
I wish all of these royals in waiting the best, but their relationships always seem like business arrangements. This breaking-up and getting back together always seems like bad news only to get worst down the line.
  #1784  
Old 07-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
^ That is not universally true. Every couple is different. Specifically, it depends upon the reason/s for the breakup in the first instance, and also what are the reasons for making up.

To resume a relationship because one is not able to 'cope' sounds very unhealthy to me. But perhaps I have misunderstood your point. :)
I never said it was universally true, that is why I wrote at the start of my post

Quote:
I think couples need a break-up when they are dating, because if you get back together you know it's meant to be. You need to know how you feel when you are apart from them, if you can cope or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
I think when William meets "the one", he will marry very quickly. Whilst I think that he isn't ready to marry anyone, I also think he doesn't want to marry Kate.
I think your right, when he does meet The One, he would marry fairly quickly. Not within a year, maybe after 2 because his father and grandmother would want to make sure.
But I do think he will marry Kate because she is "safe".
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1785  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 14
Thank you, Wisteria. It's probably been stated before now, I assume, lol. I've enjoyed those posts of yours I've had the chance to read. To me, he's been screaming it loudly and clearly, yet some don't want to listen.

Sorry, Lumutqueen, I did not see that, as I read quickly; my apologies.

Well, the big debate is whether or not William will succumb and marry Kate eventually, against his better feelings and judgment, IMO. I don't believe this is a love match in any way, shape or form, though. And, I still hold out hope that William will stand firm, has some sense of self, of what he deserves in a life partner, and a gauge on what it means to really respect one's partner.

Judging from some words William once said very loudly within my earshot, I think William is very aware that Kate has lost her way. What exactly he thinks about that, and how much it affects his feelings for her, is anyone's guess. But I can't imagine he respects her as a long term boyfriend should. Perhaps that is why he lets her cop all the criticism? Or does he not care? Really, at times, I just don't know. Seriously, I would have dumped him YEARS ago.

I really think this relationship has become a circus, not just in the tabloids, either - and not in a funny way. I think alarm bells should have been ringing when William started allegedly postulating all this nonsense about not knowing whether or not he loved Kate "enough". What is with that? You're either in love with someone or not - there are no shades of gray. If he doesn't know that then I feel very sorry for him. What a lacklustre way to live life.

Anyway, I'm surprised HM has allowed this relationship to degenerate as it has been played out in public.
  #1786  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Degenerate in what way?
I think HM is very pleased with this relationship, the next heir hasn't rushed into marriage and he is taking his time.

I personally think he will marry her, and he will love her and they will have children and a cordial marriage. No drama, not shouting, no public bad looks, sort of like friends who marry each other because they are over a certain age?

I don't know what you mean by all the criticism Kate gets and William letting her take it? What else is he suppose to do? He cannot really step in with anything, he is her boyfriend not her husband and she is a private citizen not liable for agreements or royal protection.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1787  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:31 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think couples need a break-up when they are dating, because if you get back together you know it's meant to be. You need to know how you feel when you are apart from them, if you can cope or not.
And why do you think so? Has there been a poll? Do you have evidence? Give us evidence, we love it in every colour and shape! We'll never have enough of it! Evidence, please! It's important. Let's analyse it to the deeper end...

  #1788  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
And why do you think so? Has there been a poll? Do you have evidence? Give us evidence, we love it in every colour and shape! We'll never have enough of it! Evidence, please! It's important. Let's analyse it to the deeper end...

Another criticiser.

I stated in my post why I thought that people needed a break up Noor. Because if they get back together they are meant to be, people need time to realise what life would be like without their other half.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1789  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I stated in my post why I thought that people needed a break up Noor. Because if they get back together they are meant to be, people need time to realise what life would be like without their other half.
The true test of the relationship! Will it be "absence makes the heart grow fonder" or "absence makes the heart go wander"?
  #1790  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The true test of the relationship! Will it be "absence makes the heart grow fonder" or "absence makes the heart go wander"?
I'm not sure it's the heart that will go wandering.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1791  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:39 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think couples need a break-up when they are dating, because if you get back together you know it's meant to be. You need to know how you feel when you are apart from them, if you can cope or not.
Not necessarily.
There are a plethora of reasons why couples get back together.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1792  
Old 07-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
But wouldn't being in a 7 year relationship, living together in university, and going through so much together make William want to marry Kate? If the guy is still unsure to this day, then I say he should call off the relationship. Having gone through what I already mentioned would be enough to make up his mind.
That`s what I think too--William can`t be postponing an engagement because he`s not sure. Seven years is a long time. Without really thinking about it, I`ve been giving William and Kate the benefit of the doubt by assuming that they do have an agreement to marry in, say, three years, when William finishes his RAF training/operational tour or whatever it is. It seems odd to me that after seven years both of them would still have a "wait and see" approach to their relationship.
  #1793  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It seems odd to me that after seven years both of them would still have a "wait and see" approach to their relationship.
The "wait and see" part I think is mostly Will's response to the public and the press. A very dignified and polite (and yet teasing) way of saying "mind your own business will you? You'll know when we want you to know.". He's actually never confirmed nor denied anything about a future marriage now that I think about it.
  #1794  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The "wait and see" part I think is mostly Will's response to the public and the press. A very dignified and polite (and yet teasing) way of saying "mind your own business will you? You'll know when we want you to know.". He's actually never confirmed nor denied anything about a future marriage now that I think about it.
When Prince William went to Australia for a royal visit this year a person in the crowd asked out loud when he was going to marry. The prince said to the person-you have to wait a while longer.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #1795  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM
jonc93's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, United States
Posts: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
But wouldn't being in a 7 year relationship, living together in university, and going through so much together make William want to marry Kate? If the guy is still unsure to this day, then I say he should call off the relationship. Having gone through what I already mentioned would be enough to make up his mind.
So many people these days are sure they met the one, and then when they start living together for the long haul end up getting divorced so I think you can never be to careful when picking your wife/husband.
__________________
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
  #1796  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
When Prince William went to Australia for a royal visit this year a person in the crowd asked out loud when he was going to marry. The prince said to the person-you have to wait a while longer.
Folks we have a bingo here! That's exactly the quote that I was thinking about.
  #1797  
Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 14
I think the point here is that we can propose different scenarios all day long; every couple is different. From my own experience, break ups only delay the inevitable - unless there is a compelling reason to begin with. I'm talking money, children, substance abuse issues, which may or may not be resolved. Of course, none of those things apply to William and Kate.

IMO, there has been an underlying current of dissatisfaction from William over the years with Kate. He seems to get "claustrophobic", which is a word touted by the press when they broke up toward the end of their time at St Andrews. The words he allegedly shouted in public back in 2007: "I'm free" spring to mind too. Then, you have the reports of Kate "mothering" William ... perhaps she figuratively smothers him too.

Most men worth a penny get tired of that treatment fairly quickly, in terms of a permanent relationship. Of course, the cads lap it up, because they are only using their partner, and I would never accuse William of being so deceitful ... and, men are known to be "hunters" - they like the proverbial "thrill of the chase". Anyone too easy and available is a turn-off eventually - ie when they get tired of having their egos stroked and having their way. From my own experience, from what I've been told and read, and that of every attractive man I've known or know, this is 100% true. It happens eventually, if not right away.

Sometimes, the simplest explanations are the most accurate: if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it is a duck. William will go kicking and screaming to the altar to marry Kate, IMO. It's not that I dislike Kate personally (I don't know her), it's just that I don't think she's suitable for William. She does not seem to complement him, either. For example, he needs less of the coddling, and more of a stern hand, IMO.

Kate, on the other hand, might be happier marrying a very wealthy man/aristo who can take care of her. A man who will be happy to show off such a pretty, devoted wife and mother to his children. A woman who will not embarrass or otherwise cause trouble for him, and stay loyal. A man who will want his wife to look after the household and not work outside of the house. A man who covets a wife who will take care of him, spoil and reassure him. I see all these qualities in Kate.

But, for a woman who allegedly did not hold ambition for a career, Kate is grasping for a position that requires hard work and stamina, with no option to be a "stay-at-home" wife and mother. I just do not see this being Kate's "bag" at all. I believe in her own mind she wants it, but the girl is too protected, IMO. In many ways, she may be a "lamb to the slaughter" just as Diana was.

I believe that had Diana's marriage been really loving and committed, we would have seen a lot less of her, charity-wise. I believe that Diana thrived because she put her energies into her charities, partly - but not completely - to compensate for her personal unhappiness.
  #1798  
Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
Kate, on the other hand, might be happier marrying a very wealthy man/aristo who can take care of her. A man who will be happy to show off such a pretty, devoted wife and mother to his children. A woman who will not embarrass or otherwise cause trouble for him, and stay loyal. A man who will want his wife to look after the household and not work outside of the house. A man who covets a wife who will take care of him, spoil and reassure him. I see all these qualities in Kate.
That to me is a good definition of a Queen Consort. Or a Princess. As far as how she'd go the mile doing duties is something we can only surmise on. I still think that the both of them look at wedding rings with a sense of unease as they know what happens once they put them on.

Rings on their fingers
And bells on their toes.
They will have duties
Wherever they goes.
  #1799  
Old 07-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 14
I mustn't have done a very good job describing my idea of a perfect, traditional wife - something Kate cannot be, which was my point. However, she allegedly aspires to such a role in life (well, this was published years ago, so not sure if she's changed her view, or if it was even accurate; however, her choice of degree does accord).

When someone is going to be a lifelong drain on the taxpayer purse, I think it's only rational and prudent to "inspect the goods first". What I see, I don't like - she hasn't sold me. But, that's just me ...

The word substantiation occurs to me. The royal family is subject to a greater sense of it, as a result of the times in which we live, globally: everyone must pull their weight, . I think it is only fair and reasonable that people question whether or not she will be a good prospect, so that they may reap a return on their investment. That's how businesses are run, are they not?

And, the BRF is a business too. After all, the taxpaying public do not get a say in her elevation to the top position. All they have is their opinion prior to it happening; they can and will express it, should they see fit. Kate instills no confidence in me or many others, sorry; she has given nothing in terms of convincing many that she is up to the task.

This phrase springs to mind: there is a price tag for everything in life. I'm not sure Kate understands that concept FULLY.
  #1800  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
I mustn't have done a very good job describing my idea of a perfect, traditional wife - something Kate cannot be, which was my point. However, she allegedly aspires to such a role in life (well, this was published years ago, so not sure if she's changed her view, or if it was even accurate; however, her choice of degree does accord).
Actually I think you did a wonderful job of describing the perfect traditional wife and I think Kate will fit into that role wonderfully. Right now she's quiet, she's discreet, she doesn't do anything that would cause embarrassment to either herself, William or the Royal Family. If you look at Sophie's role now, she's given up any career she had and is the perfect wife for Edward. Edward also gave up any professional career to work full time in the Firm too. They do duties together, attend functions as the Queen's representatives and are also raising small children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
When someone is going to be a lifelong drain on the taxpayer purse, I think it's only rational and prudent to "inspect the goods first". What I see, I don't like - she hasn't sold me. But, that's just me ...
Neither William or Kate will be on the Civil List until he becomes King. The only members of the Royal Family that receive funding from the list are the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

From Wiki:
Members of the Royal Family carry out public duties; these individuals receive an annual payment known as a Parliamentary Annuity, the funds being supplied to cover office costs. These amounts are repaid by The Queen from her private funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
The word substantiation occurs to me. The royal family is subject to a greater sense of it, as a result of the times in which we live, globally: everyone must pull their weight, . I think it is only fair and reasonable that people question whether or not she will be a good prospect, so that they may reap a return on their investment. That's how businesses are run, are they not?
Its not up to the people one bit as I see it but of course they will question. As Kate is still a private citizen and not in any way connected to the BRF, she is entitled to her privacy. A ring on her finger can and will change all that. Up until age 25 in order to marry, it does require the consent of the Queen and even then could be bypassed taking it to Parliament. Diana didn't do royal duties at all before she became engaged to Prince Charles nor did any spouse that married into the BRF. Once engaged, then married, Kate would be expected to do her part for the Family along with William. I do believe though it will be a long, long time before they are any kind of a drain on the taxpayers. The first thing that would happen though on the occasion of an engagement is that Kate would be provided with a royal protection officer I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
And, the BRF is a business too. After all, the taxpaying public do not get a say in her elevation to the top position. All they have is their opinion prior to it happening; they can and will express it, should they see fit. Kate instills no confidence in me or many others, sorry; she has given nothing in terms of convincing many that she is up to the task.
I honestly couldn't say if I thought she was up to the task or not as I really don't know anymore about her than what has been made public in the press and publications. I do remember however how perfect a bride for Charles Diana was lauded as and we've all seen what happened with that. We simply do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankinscence View Post
This phrase springs to mind: there is a price tag for everything in life. I'm not sure Kate understands that concept FULLY.
I would think after being with William for so many years that she's very well aware of this concept and its this realization is why the both of them are biding their time and out of the public eye as much as they possibly can. I think I've stated it before that it wouldn't surprise me if years down the line one or both of them could be quoted as saying something like "Those years were some of the best for us... we could just be ourselves"

I do like your opinions. They do bring up thought provoking issues and make me think. It will be interesting to see where things are perhaps 10 years from now eh?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday birthday wishes catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises