William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Note the word "presumeably".

As Iluvbertie did, I too noticed the word.
Wrongly spelt.
If you are not an English native speaker, of course you have an excuse.

After so many years of married life and the fond and loving way they look at each other I should say that a marriage as succesful as The Queen and Prince Philip have would be extremely hard to find. :ohmy:

I did.

Again when has there been any indication that the Queen's marriage is sad and pathetic - in order to make a presumption there has to be evidence.

That Charles' first marriage was sad and pathetic there is a lot of evidence, from Diana and Charles themselves, but I have never come across any from the Queen or Philip to put it in the same category and thus my question remains, - why say the Queen's marriage is sad and pathetic?
Oh dear. I really wish people would read posts "in context".
marg said:
. . . . . . . as for someone else who said above, i agree that things just falling apart behind closed doors in a royal household are inevitable, imo.
The intimation that behind closed doors all (royal) imarriages are falling apart is not only cynical but highly unlikely. If you have any "facts" to substantiate such an assertion I would love to hear them. As it is it seems that on these boards a lot of members view the various royal couples as contestants in a reality game and treat their lieves with the same kind of caring attitude most often see in Gordon Ramsey's kitchen!
marg said:
wow, i didnt mean to sound cynical. didnt read it through to see how it sounded.
i dont have any facts, i didnt claim to. thats why i wrote 'imo' at the end.
Sorry I was not only referring to you. It just seems the general tenor is not just cynical but really negative regarding Kate in particular as well as sly intimations that their marriage would be as sad and pathetic as presumably both of Prince Charles', the Queen's, etc, ad nauseum.
Did I really have to continue on with . . . . . . . . both of Princess Ann's, Prince Andrew's, Prince Edward's, Queen Margrethe's, Prince Frederik, both Prince Joachimis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and so on and so forth!

Get the picture?

iluvbertie and Wisteria please note I have corrected the spelling just for you! Wouldn't want erudite posters such as yourselves to misunderstand!

Last edited:
Well that was kind of you Marg. I, of course, know little about Iluvbertie but I do remember she said she was a school teacher, I just hate sloppy English. But I reiterate, if Texankitcat is not a native speaker she has every excuse and I apologise , I would never even think of pointing it out, although she did ask if the word had been seen twice over.
Now it is corrected, all is well that ends well n´est pas?

As Iluvbertie did, I too noticed the word.
Wrongly spelt.
If you are not an English native speaker, of course you have an excuse.

After so many years of married life and the fond and loving way they look at each other I should say that a marriage as succesful as The Queen and Prince Philip have would be extremely hard to find. :ohmy:

Well thank you for the pointing that out. However, I only copy and pasted it from the sentance in question to emphasis the word as used and quite frankly, didn't give a hoot as to the spelling. Considering the various countries represented here, I didn't realize that proper spelling and placing a footnote that English is or is or is not a "first" language was required.

Last edited:
Well thank you for the pointing that out. However, I only copy and pasted it from the sentance in question to emphasis the word as used and quite frankly, didn't give a hoot as to the spelling. Considering the various countries represented here, I didn't realize that proper spelling and placing a footnote that English is or is or is not a "first" language was required.

I do apologise, I had no idea from your post that you were not a native speaker, I did say that I would never criticise someone trying to speak a foreign language, and I must congratulate you, it seems to me you are doing very well indeed.

Some posters place little informative words on their signature lines apologizing if they cannot be understood. It's quite common for those in the Slavic regions and some other island regions to do this. However, I am quite impressed with their efforts.

Last edited:
texankitkat, how long have you lived in Dallas...they speak English there!

Okay...enough...let's get back on topic.

Now,Now everyone. Lets keep it friendly like. Back on the subject of Wills and Kate. After watching that video on you tube Im even more convinced that the family is not worthy of being in-laws. I cant blame Kate completely for her lack of graces since the parents are usually to blame for alot of the characteristics in their children. In my opinion, I believe Kate was pushed to succeed in catching a big fish for not only her but for her family. They seem like very opportunistic people and God forbid that her Uncle get anywhere near the Royal Family. He sounds like a golddigger, see what he can get from all of this. It disgusts me to see how open he was about the whole thing. I think the only room he should get is in the Tower! I dont know. If Wills decides that this is the girl for him I can only hope that she will grow into a Princess who is worthy of the Crown. :flowers:

I beleive she was talking about the youtube video of Kate Middleton's Uncle Gary. It is an older video.

It seems like there's speculation on William and Kate's marriage everywhere these days...in the Daily Mail, on TV, and when I go on MSN there are links to articles about Kate and William. If I hadn't read these articles I would think there was some reason for the sudden "William and Kate wedding fever" but after reading them, the only new development I can find is that the Middletons were at a shooting party with William and Kate.

I know the media is anxious for them to get married, but can't they find another story? I never thought seeing royal headlines everywhere would annoy me! William and Kate are going to get married when/if they want to...not when the media wants them to.

True, however they wouldn't be so obsessive about it if there wasn't a market for the speculation. Isn't that why we all read and post in this thread? I for one enjoy reading all the speculation, rumors, etc.. Gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining stuff seeing what they come up with next. :)

I beleive she was talking about the youtube video of Kate Middleton's Uncle Gary. It is an older video.

And we all have at least one relative we would like to keep away from cameras and audio devices. Thank goodness I am never going to be the Queen of anything except the kitchen. :lol:

True, however they wouldn't be so obsessive about it if there wasn't a market for the speculation. Isn't that why we all read and post in this thread? I for one enjoy reading all the speculation, rumors, etc.. Gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining stuff seeing what they come up with next. :)

It can be entertaining :)...but...I guess William and Kate just don't interest me enough for me to care about the speculation. Maybe a few years ago. They come across as two people who want to keep their relationship very private, which means we really know next to nothing about Kate. This is fine, but it makes the speculation get old very quickly. To be honest, the more stories that come out, the less interested I get in William and Kate's eventual wedding. I remember when Sophie and Edward were engaged--that was a surprise (at least I was surprised, anyway!) On the other hand, nothing about William and Kate's engagement will be unexpected because the media has been predicting it every week for so long anyway.

Well you don't have to be. At least you can read it here rather than waste money on tabloids. Prince Edward and his wife has never really interested me, so when they got married I barely paid attention. As for William and Kate....regardless of when it comes about, I will be happy for them both and anxiously wait for the big day. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that all off topic posts about Elizabeth and Phillips marriage and alleged infidelity have been deleted as the posts are 1) speculative and more importantly, these posts are 2) off topic.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

It can be entertaining :)...but...I guess William and Kate just don't interest me enough for me to care about the speculation. Maybe a few years ago. They come across as two people who want to keep their relationship very private, which means we really know next to nothing about Kate. This is fine, but it makes the speculation get old very quickly. To be honest, the more stories that come out, the less interested I get in William and Kate's eventual wedding. I remember when Sophie and Edward were engaged--that was a surprise (at least I was surprised, anyway!) On the other hand, nothing about William and Kate's engagement will be unexpected because the media has been predicting it every week for so long anyway.

I have the same feeling. the relationship of these two, more speculation, more boring it gets :sleep:

I have the same feeling. the relationship of these two, more speculation, more boring it gets :sleep:

Just on a odd note, I think that if and when Will and Kate do announce their engagement, its going to go berserk with folks talking about the dress, the ceremony, the ring and whatever. This is going to be a bright spot for London. With the wedding in 2011, what more of a perfect way to "pretest" some of the security they want to put in place for the Olympics in 2012?

I still don't see Will and Kate going for anything more elaborate than what they actually need to have, but I think it will be an event that will be remembered

(Osipi gazes into her crystal wine glass and predicts)

Most users ever online was 2,605, 05-11-2006 at 12:59 PM.

I imagine with Kate and Wills wedding.. we'll beat that on TRF

I can understand why people get tired of all the speculation, and we are all entitled to our opinions. However, that is why we all come to this thread....to speculate and debate about the rumours. If people are bored with the topic. there are a lot of other topics available to discuss in other threads. Hopefully soon, all the speculation will be put to rest and we will have a wedding to discuss. :D

As for the special last night on their relationship, it didn't present any new information that most of us here didn't already know, however it may have been interesting and informative to those that don't access forums such as this one, or follow the monarchy's activities. I do think the timing is interesting since it's the first program I have seen devoted to their relationship.

While the program did not offer anything new, it reminded me about the length of time these two have been dating... and now, living together. I agree with everyone here who thinks they will marry. There might even be an understanding between them. I think, however, they are making the smartest move they could ever make in waiting as long as possible before walking down the aisle.

William knows what will happen when he gets married- there will be no more privacy for both him and Kate. Not only will there be photographers covering EVERY thing they do, there will be all of us commenting about EVERY look they exchange, the state of their relationship, and when we notice the first signs of morning sickness or a baby bump. While I can only hope Kate develops a much healthier (and distant) relationship with the press than Diana did, there will certainly be lots of interest in her and William's life together.

As things are now, they get to spend the first years of "newlywed bliss" with much less pressure and much more privacy. No matter how boring they turn out to be as a married couple, this is the ONLY time during their life together when this level of privacy will be possible. This time also gives Kate the chance to slowly prepare for the life of public service and scrutiny that will come with her marriage. Diana did not have much help in this area one can only hope that the powers that be will approach Kate's transition with more care and support.

I can't say I blame them for taking all of the time now for themselves that they possibly can. And- if she wasn't the one, I think they would have broken up long, long ago.

That is even worse then waiting for the engagement of Victoria and Daniel. Will they? Won't they? I think if they will not get engaged and married until next year they will break up and never marry.

So William and Kate did something they have never done before in the US....made the cover of US magazine. Here it is... a week later than People http://www.usmagazine.com/healthyli...illiam-kate-middleton-to-wed-in-2011-20101011

US is like People but it doesn't have the same numbers in regards to subscriptions and newstand sales. I am ashamed to admit that I buy both of them every week.

So I will review it so you don't have to buy it:flowers:

• Article references Kate Nicholl (plugs her book) and makes notes that the Middletons were at Balmoral for the shoot. According to Kate, this is "extremely significant." She also makes note that BP denied the report of the engagement but for the first time mentioned Miss Middleton in the official comment.
  • It always bugs me when people don't do their homework: the forget the all important The in from of Princess William of Wales, and they refer to the Queen as Her Highness and not Her Majesty. Perhaps they should have had Kate N. write the article.
  • Kate and William agreed to wait for engagement/marriage after the vacation in the Seychelles. William told Kate she was The One but wasn't ready to get married.
  • Supposedly the Royal Mint is designing the enagement coin, and dates in June and July are being considered. The article specially references July 23rd, which I personally find odd as it is the anniversary of the Andrew and Sarah. And who wants to be associated with that date? Maybe if it was 20 years down the road or Beatrice maybe???
  • Kate would prefer to wear a dress by Issa her favorite Brazilian designer, but she will be pressured to wear a British designer. And the Queen will loan her a tiara!
  • Some ridiculous points about the Queen: who wasn't found of Kate initially, was mad at Carole Middleton for chewing gum at Williams graduation (I think it came out that it was Nicorette or something along those lines) but Kate won the Queen over by her low press profile and her commitment to charity (no laughts just reporting the article). Kate has been invited to Christmas but wont attend until she is engaged.
  • Harry loves Kate thinks of her as a sister (I can believe that), and when he and Chelsy broke up Kate consoled him (not sure if I believe that).
  • William has ruled out St. Pauls but will consider Westminister Abbey or St. George's Chapel. I personally think St. George's is too small and Westminister is just right.
  • Kate wants to be involved in the decision making (oh yeah that will happen) and Pippa will be a bridesmaid.
So really, nothing new. It must be a slow news week, no Teen Moms on the cover. Oh wait, they are on the inside.

Last edited:
1289344103_kate-william-290.jpg
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=news&cd=1&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.timesunion.com%2Fkristi%2F33090%2Fprince-william-and-kate-middleton-to-wed%2F&ei=MXzcTJWCM4L78Aa3xNTkCA&usg=AFQjCNECUD542uWKgB5YPxO-fPFlhxjoIQ

Does any one here think that they may marry on Diana's 50th birthday next year? Royals ar famous for marring on birthdays and death dates...I really don't think William would do this but was just wondering what others opinions on the date what if?

Last edited:
i cant believe that the mags would concoct such a mad idea as this...his mum's 50th birthday or anniversary of their marriage...its MAD!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe that the mags would concoct such a mad idea as this...his mum's 50th birthday or anniversary of their marriage...its MAD!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure that they were saying that... it was just the wording .

I agree. Its also a bit sick to assume William will honor Diana like that. There's something twisted about it.

There were a lot of rumblings today in the US on the cable shows about an *announcement*. I'll believe it when I see it.

No. Kate will be compared to Diana all her life, and I can't see the wisdom in using her wedding date or birthdate to encourage any more comparisons. Although, this is probably something that the press would want: more to blab on about.;)

Does any one here think that they may marry on Diana's 50th birthday next year?

No. Kate will be compared to Diana all her life, and I can't see the wisdom in using her wedding date or birthdate to encourage any more comparisons. Although, this is probably something that the press would want: more to blab on about.;)

I agree.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom