The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I want a balcony appearance and all the trappings of a real royal wedding.
This country needs something to brighten up her up.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I want a balcony appearance and all the trappings of a real royal wedding.
This country needs something to brighten up her up.

St George's would be a 'real' royal wedding. It has seen quite a few over the centuries.

Until the early 20th C royal weddings were private affairs without all the hoopla that has taken place since then.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think they should either marry at Westminster or St Paul's, anywhere else and I will be dissappointed.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think they should either marry at Westminster or St Paul's, anywhere else and I will be dissappointed.

As it is their wedding, if it takes place, the only two people who really matter about the venue are the bride and groom and most importantly they have to be happy with the venue. If either of them aren't comfortable in St Paul's due to the disaster of William's parents' wedding or the Abbey due to the funerals that he has had to attend there then they will have to go somewhere else. William should be comfortable in the venue in which he is to get married and if you are disappointed so be it.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

do they actually get a say in big picture (i.e. guest list, venue)
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

I think William does a good job of being composed when dealing with the press, and understands the pit-falls. It just would have just been nice to see the two together in Africa
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As it is their wedding, if it takes place, the only two people who really matter about the venue are the bride and groom and most importantly they have to be happy with the venue. If either of them aren't comfortable in St Paul's due to the disaster of William's parents' wedding or the Abbey due to the funerals that he has had to attend there then they will have to go somewhere else. William should be comfortable in the venue in which he is to get married and if you are disappointed so be it.
I really hope that it will be televised at least. One thing to be said about a smaller wedding is that it would be more Wills and Kate with family and friends without the added import of royalty from all over and heads of state.

This would give the couple the option too of putting out an announcement of their engagement and a relatively short period before the ceremony. I also think that William realizes that he very much a public figure and that so many would feel not only deprived but perhaps hurt if the public didn't have an uplifting royal wedding to watch. Along with cutting costs of a super big wedding, I do think they'll have all the other trappings as Kate's arrival by carriage (perhaps from Clarence House... I really don't know the distances between these places), a televised wedding, and the traditional balcony appearance.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I do realise it is there wedding, but they do have a public in turmoil to consider as well. A very private wedding, paid for by the taxpayer would cause some uproar. The country wants something to enjoy as well and marrying in St Pauls or Westminster would do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
do they actually get a say in big picture (i.e. guest list, venue)
Like ILuvBertie pointed out, it is there wedding and they will have a say in every part of the wedding.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

My gut feeling is that he will not marry Kate. Don't ask me why, but that's just the gut feeling. I don't know who a suitable match would be, but somehow, to me, she's not it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

I think as long as HM is still alive he will have a large wedding, I dont think she would let him get away with a St. George's wedding, and when his father's king he'll be the heir so he has no choice but a big wedding. Although I think he wont choose St. Pauls, but Westminster Abbey since it's a lot smaller.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Courtier

At the end of the day William has never said he will be getting engaged in 2011 let alone married. 2011 could well turn out to be just another year. I don't see any changes that William wants to get married.

Kate with her arm around William's shoulder at the polo event shows how paranoid he is about publicity ... with his back turned towards the camera yet again in the tent. How he is going to face a big public wedding goodness knows. I bet it will be torture for him which is why I think he is putting it off for as long as possible.

If he does get married he may pick St George's Chapel just so the event does not turn into a media circus. As the town is too small to have a long carriage drive and there is no balcony so no expectation of a balcony kiss.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Courtier

is it true that kate made princess Beatrice cry? sorry old story, but ti was at the roller skate event, in the loo apparently...
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
is it true that kate made princess Beatrice cry? sorry old story, but ti was at the roller skate event, in the loo apparently...
I have no idea. Its something I've never heard before. It must have been quite a while back ago. I know Kate was at a roller rink where she fell and if I remember correctly, it was around the time when Wills and Kate had called it quits.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate may not have been there . . .

Quote:
One of the reasons why he might have spent it there was that there was way less chance of photographers finding him if he decided to go out for dinner or something.
Yes, I agree with this.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

My sense is the wedding will either be at St George's or at the Abbey, but certainly not at St Paul's because of the C&D wedding. I think HM may agree to St George's, with a carriage ride through Windsor Old Town, so that the public get their share. St George's is also large enough to accomodate a lot of people.

If it is the Abbey, the procession route will be quite limited, ie , out of the Abbey, through Horde Guards Parade and up the Mall. The attendant security costs will be higher for this option, but certainly a lot more people will get to see it.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Majesty

I would expect the ride from the Abbey to be down Whitehall through Trafalgar Square and then up The Mall with a balcony appearance to satisfy the crowds. I do think though that William would like to avoid any comparisons with his parents' wedding and thus St George's has the advantage that it doesn't have the sad connenctions that both St Paul's and the Abbey has for William.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, all true. Just would have been romantic to see such pictures if they were in Africa.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Not to be offensive, but do we really think William is so maudlin that holding his wedding at Westminster Abbey would be awful for him? Two funerals were held there for beloved family members, and they're hardly going to be the last - assuredly his grandmother & grandfather's funeral services will be held there also, as will his father's and possibly several other family members as time marches through his life.

I don't doubt that William probably would want to avoid St. Paul's, not just due to how his parents' marriage turned out, but also because of the sheer size of the venue. But he's not this tragic figure, nor does he strike me as the type to rule out a venue like Westminster Abbey simply because that's where his mother and great-grandmother's funerals were held. How many of us would choose to not get married in the "family church" simply because memorial services for beloved family members had been held at the same venue? Granted, it's hard to know if William considers Westminster Abbey, or any church in particular, to be the "family church", especially as he's likely attended services at many churches on a fairly regular basis over the years (Christmases at Sandringham, probably a lot at St. George's Chapel, etc). But, I just can't envision him even making an argument against Westminster Abbey simply on the basis of it being the location of the major family funerals.

I honestly can't imagine him getting married in Windsor at St. George's. My money's on Westminster Abbey.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
If he was in Africa with Kate, it would ahve been nice if some fotos came up.
I do not think Kate was in Africa. The trip to Africa was very much a working trip, and William probably did not consider it appropriate to take along an unmarried consort for his official trip.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

so what does kate do these days? does she work or study at all?

i think she quitted her job not long ago.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all