William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kate and William announce in 2011 then they have the Monaco royals to plan around in the middle of summer.

First it might be better to save all good wishes until we have the formal announcement, unless the good wishes are to get them to make a move on one way or the other.
The Monaco wedding will not make the slightest difference to the BFR and once again on this forum I reiterate a fact that so many people overlook. The Monaco family are not royal. I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.

First it might be better to save all good wishes until we have the formal announcement, unless the good wishes are to get them to make a move on one way or the other.
The Monaco wedding will not make the slightest difference to the BFR and once again on this forum I reiterate a fact that so many people overlook. The Monaco family are not royal. I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.

As Albert has attended a number of other royal events such as Victoria;s wedding I would expect a number of royals to attend the wedding of a sovereign prince and serene highness.

I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.

Considering Albert's attachment to the IOC, you can included Princess Anne, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Prince WA of The Netherlands, the Greek Royals. He is also very close to Princess Victoria of Sweden.
I could quite see more royals going to Prince Alberts wedding than Prince Williams, due to the fact that William has made no effort with his european counterparts.

Considering Albert's attachment to the IOC, you can included Princess Anne, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Prince WA of The Netherlands, the Greek Royals. He is also very close to Princess Victoria of Sweden.
I could quite see more royals going to Prince Alberts wedding than Prince Williams, due to the fact that William has made no effort with his european counterparts.

As his European counterparts are children it would be hard to connect e.g. Prince Christian is what 5 compared to William's 28. The same with the 2nd in line to the other thrones - they are school aged children rather than young adults.

I am sorry I find this statement hilarious. More royals going to the Prince of Monaco´s wedding than to the wedding of a future King of England?
:lol:

I am sorry I find this statement hilarious. More royals going to the Prince of Monaco´s wedding than to the wedding of a future King of England?

It's actually not that hilarious. The fact is that Albert has a more personal relationship with other royals then William does. We don't even know if William has actually even met royals such as the Danes and the Swedes except for perhaps a casual meeting at some event. So the truth is that more royals may feel obligated to attend Albert's wedding because of the close friendships between them.

...So the truth is that more royals may feel obligated to attend Albert's wedding because of the close friendships between them.
The assumption for this assertion appearing to be that both weddings are booked in on the same day. Hmm, possible, but unlikely.

Let's remember May 2004 when the Danish, Spanish and Dutch royals managed to squeeze 3 royal weddings into one month! So I'm sure it will be possible to fit only 2 weddings into one year.

As his European counterparts are children it would be hard to connect e.g. Prince Christian is what 5 compared to William's 28. The same with the 2nd in line to the other thrones - they are school aged children rather than young adults.

I kind of knew that you would pick up on what I said.
Counterparts in the sense of the present heirs.

Ummm yes.
Due to the fact that William has made absolutely no effort to become friends with the likes of Victoria, Frederik, WA, Haakon, Phillippe etc. He was more than likely invited to the June wedding out of courtesy. As for his wedding people will feel obliged to go because he is royal, not because they want to.

And by the way, thank you for laughing at another posters comments.

Windors aren't better than other royal houses but more famous in english speaking country. I've never noticed a big friendship between british royals and other houses (except Greece but in fact they have only titles, no land). European heirs like Victoria, Haakon, Frederick, Willem Alexander, Phillipe of Spain and Phillipe of Belgium seems to be very integrated to each other. On royal weddings, for example Victoria's wedding, came like always prince Edward and Sophie. No Queen EII, while others queen came, no William, who attends weddings quite often but not such wedding. I think european royals are most enthusiastic about Albert wedding. Anyway, William is the son of heir, but not the heir yet and he's very low key so I believe he prefers wedding more like his cousin Peter's that princess Victoria's wedding.

Ummm yes.
Due to the fact that William has made absolutely no effort to become friends with the likes of Victoria, Frederik, WA, Haakon, Phillippe etc. He was more than likely invited to the June wedding out of courtesy. As for his wedding people will feel obliged to go because he is royal, not because they want to.

[/QUOTE

Link please or proof that William has made no effort to make friends with the people you have mentioned, but then you don´t have to make an effort to make friends with your relatives, but they usually come to your wedding.
So you think that people will be obliged to go to William´s wedding and not because they want to, oh dear you will make me laugh again.

Can I reiterate. Prince Albert is not royal, Monaco is a principality and not a kingdom. Great Britain is and has been for some time :whistling:

Let's remember May 2004 when the Danish, Spanish and Dutch royals managed to squeeze 3 royal weddings into one month! So I'm sure it will be possible to fit only 2 weddings into one year.

and the jordanian wedding!

and the jordanian wedding!

Right! So there is no reason to fear that some guest will have to choose one wedding over the other. The date of Albert and Charlene's wedding is already known. So William and Kate will definitely choose another date (IF they actually plan their wedding for next summer.)

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Palace plans for wedding

Not sure if I was able to make the link work, but from the article, a 'Senior Royal Source' quoted regarding including the Spencers in discussions of potential wedding dates "We honestly don't have a date, only William knows and given the way he keeps things close to his chest we will be kept guessing up to the wire (a pointed reference to the Prince leaving it to the last minute to tell courtiers of his decision to join the RAF full-time.)"

Why do all of the articles say he'll ask the Queen @ Christmas? Can't he schedule a meeting with his grandmother @ any point?

Link please or proof that William has made no effort to make friends with the people you have mentioned, but then you don´t have to make an effort to make friends with your relatives, but they usually come to your wedding.
So you think that people will be obliged to go to William´s wedding and not because they want to, oh dear you will make me laugh again.

Can I reiterate. Prince Albert is not royal, Monaco is a principality and not a kingdom. Great Britain is and has been for some time :whistling:

Where did I say Prince Albert was royal? :ermm:
I made no mention of Albert in the entire post.

I'm sure the press would have informed us when one of the foreign heirs had made a trip to the UK to meet Prince William or vice versa. And if they were friends, do you not think William would have made the effort to attend Victoria's wedding?

Yes I do think people will feel obliged to go to Williams wedding because he is royal and so are they.

The problem is that the heirs to the other thrones are in their 30s or early 40s while for Britain their heir is Charles (who did attend the Spanish wedding by the way) who is 20 years older. This is the reason that it makes sense to send Edward and Sophie - they are closer in age and have children closer in age and thus have more in common than either 'old' Charles or 'young' William.

William couldn't attend Victoria's wedding as he had official engagements in South Africa, as head of England's FA and simply couldn't have made it to Sweden, even if he wanted to do so.

Where did I say Prince Albert was royal? :ermm:
I made no mention of Albert in the entire post.

I'm sure the press would have informed us when one of the foreign heirs had made a trip to the UK to meet Prince William or vice versa. And if they were friends, do you not think William would have made the effort to attend Victoria's wedding?

Yes I do think people will feel obliged to go to Williams wedding because he is royal and so are they.
<

If your only information is gathered from newspapers then you are not sure of anything about the royals. I said that if you are related you don´t have to be friends to go to a wedding but if he didn´t go to Victoria´s he probably had a good reason.
So you think that people go to royal weddings because they are obliged, I hate to disappoint you in that but the polloi would practically kill to get an invitation.
And to answer your question about why I mentioned that the Monaco family are not royal, it was mainly in answer to Jaya, as you are not the only person on this thread although you have mentioned more than once that in your opinion they are royal. But, my real point was that no royal wedding is going to be
arranged not to clash with a wedding that is more a celebrity wedding than anything else. They would probably not have any trouble with guests torn between the two invitations because the people invited to Prince
Albert´s wedding would probably not be on the list to be invited to a royal wedding in England.
All this is a moot point, as so far there has not been any engagement or any statement from the BRF about Prince William marrying, in fact the only statements we have heard from the CH and BH have been that there is no wedding planned.

William couldn't attend Victoria's wedding as he had official engagements in South Africa, as head of England's FA and simply couldn't have made it to Sweden, even if he wanted to do so.

This is the most sensible reason for Prince William not going to the wedding so far.

Now now I have to agree with Lumutqueen . Wills has not connected at all with any of his Gotha relatives whereas Albert attended and attended again.Frankly after the debacle with Charles and Diana I just cannot see the hysteria over Wills and Kate.
Prince Albert has been shrewd to cultivate his connections and I too think plenty would attend his wedding out of sincerity and not protocol as with Wills powerful station.

I think both are right.

Albert has certainly been "out there" a lot more and thus I can not see a significant contingent of the world's royals attending his wedding...although one would think that he would need to lock down the ever moving wedding date.

Likewise....whether or not William has been present at a lot of European events...I can certainly see significant representation at his wedding as well.

And frankly, royal or serene...why are we comparing Albert and William's wedding...there are at least a 20 to 25 year age difference. Albert is Charles's peer. age wise at least..not Williams.

Williams wedding will be the last royal AAA wedding event for a long time. Even though he is not yet heir to the throne, one day he will hold the position of his grandmother and father what is the top job of european royalty. In my opinion, William cannot have a "small" wedding because of what will be one day. And when he gets married, european royalty will flock to this event from all over the world because it will be the place to be and to be seen. Whether there is a personal relaton or friendship or if they even like him, who cares. The British are highly important, no question about that.

I am amused to read some comparisons with Albert and his wedding, what is Monaco or his Prince compared to the British monarchy and future King? You cant buy or creat influence that has grown over centuries.

Great post, Duke. I agree with everything.

I`m looking forward to William`s wedding and it doesn`t matter if it will be next year or later. Let William decide when HE wants to marry. It`s his life. For now I see nothing wrong with the fact that he`s living with Kate and enjoys a private time out of the spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, William cannot have a "small" wedding because of what will be one day. And when he gets married, european royalty will flock to this event from all over the world because it will be the place to be and to be seen. Whether there is a personal relaton or friendship or if they even like him, who cares. The British are highly important, no question about that.

All things relative, I do think William will have a wedding that will be relatively large, but not in the scale of his parents wedding. The "relatively" small scale is as a result of generally straightened times, and to some extent, the wishes of William. If the wedding is in London, I suspect it will be at Westminister Abbey, with a relatively restricted route to the Palace. Alternatively, it could just as well be at St George's, with a carriage ride through Windsor. All the relevant royals and heads of government will be represented.

I think that Williams wedding will avoid any resemblance to 1981 therefore I agree that it wont be "lavish" or "fairytail-ish". With "small" I was referring to the type of wedding that Edward and Sophie had.
I dont think that Windsor will do it for William, the world media and plus guests from all over the world, commonwealth, dignitaries etc etc will want to be there, Windsor is a small village and St. Georges wont be able to cover that. London is the place where its going to happen in my opinion, Westminster Abbey is a good choice, no way it will be St. Pauls, see above. But if its going to be London indeed, there will be no chance to avoid the balcony kiss at Buckingham. Its a dilemma, really. Maybe thats why its taking them so long to come to a decision :p

I hope that Prince William takes his time and is not forced to make a move just because there is speculation about how long he has dated one girl.
Westminster Abbey was the choice for the Queen and Prince Philip, a very beautiful one too.

... However it should be fit for for a future king and his wife...

I wish folks would stop putting PW in front of his father. PW is not the heir, therefore, a non-royal wedding would work for me...and probably would work for them, too.

William is no longer a "young adult." To me, that age disappears at about 23 years old.

PW has contemporaries in Sweden's Victoria, Daniel, Madeline and the Prince Carl Philip. I don't have time to look up all the 30-something royals' ages. I define contemporaries as 5 years either side of PW's age.

I believe the problem arises is that he has taken so long to get his education out of the way, while his royal contemporaries have moved on into marriage, families and royal duties.

IMO St George's is large enough - I think it seats 800, so that should accomodate all that need to be there. Whilst Windsor is a relatively small town, they can devise a route for the carriage procession that is long enough to let the crowds get a look in. The Windsor option will also allow them to escape the balcony kiss, or any such comparisons to the 1981 wedding.

for a future king and his wife.That can be done in many discreet ways.

I wish folks would stop putting PW in front of his father. PW is not the heir, therefore, a non-royal wedding would work for me...and probably would work for them, too.

I don't understand where Jaya puts PW in front of his father?
Prince William and his wife will be King and Queen one day, which is what Jaya said. :ermm:

William is no longer a "young adult." To me, that age disappears at about 23 years old.

PW has contemporaries in Sweden's Victoria, Daniel, Madeline and the Prince Carl Philip. I don't have time to look up all the 30-something royals' ages. I define contemporaries as 5 years either side of PW's age.

I believe the problem arises is that he has taken so long to get his education out of the way, while his royal contemporaries have moved on into marriage, families and royal duties.

We disagree on the definition of 'young adult' then as to me they are 'young adults' until early 30s.

I was looking at the word 'contempories' as in have the same poition - heir to the heir - those contempories are children, except in Sweden where the heir/ess has only recently married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom