William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, Zonk! Kate needs to step it up a little..

That article is based on bets people are taking.

The fact that the media is still interested in Kate and Williams (incredibly boring) relationship is a good thing. People have speculated and talked about royal relationships for hundreds of years--and they enjoy it most when the royals are looking bad. So being talked about (good or bad) is a good thing in the royal business haha.

What William needs to look out for is the loss of public interest. That is what Prince Charles and Camilla have. No one cares, no one thinks of Prince Charles as "special" or "royalty". Charles and Camilla are dull, dull, dull. If Prince William and Kate don't up the ante I'm afraid for the monarchy's future in this fast-paced, easily bored society :ermm:

It's said they will marry next year and since it's about 30 years until he becomes king, that is soon enough. He seems to enjoy his work and Kate by his side.

What is William supposed to do to "up the ante", is he supposed to get married? Is he supposed to perform some trick that only a prince can perform?
William is William, he cannot help that, if he doesn't want to change then we shouldn't force him to.

Bad press is not good for royal business, and most press that Kate and William get is either pending engagement stuff or Kate's family have done something. Not exactly exciting or newsworthy information.

i will probably grow ...met someone and have kids before these two every marry

I think William is very much a victim of his upbringing and I mean that in a good way.

He reminds people of his mother and he has father's sense of duty. That being said....William is not looking for a lot of drama or a celebrity like existence. If you want pizzaz watch a television show, read a tabloid magazine, go to a movie. Royals are not celebrities. We had that with Diana and it didn't work. It cheapened the monarchy and I say that as someone who followed Diana.

Boring is a heck of lot better than scandals. I think the public would rather have boredom than people living the high life while not doing any work on their tax dollar.

Haha. No, he doesn't "have to get married" to up the ante. We saw how well that went for Charles. But maybe William can do a few more public events, be a more engaging public figure. I think he is starting to do that again though, which is good. If Kate and William do marry, hopefully Kate can gain some charisma and likability.

I agree that the engagement wedding rumours are boring. I just thought that it was a good thing to see the public is still interested in William and what he does (no matter how boring), because that's important for a royal career.

I personally liked Diana better than the royals, If anything the person who cheapened the monarchy was Charles. but I don't want William to have a celebrity existence either. I think if William (and maybe Kate in the future) did more press, or traveled to the commonwealth more often, people would embrace them permanently. In a way being royal is like a business. You have to keep in touch! :flowers: I'm excited to see what happens though.

some days I believe William will be *forced* to marry Kate because he'd look terrible for dumping her. Other days I think, maybe the love is fading? imagine if he met someone amazing and got married a month later (after all those things happen a lot with men). This is all pretty soap operaish though :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. No, he doesn't "have to get married" to up the ante. We saw how well that went for Charles. But maybe William can do a few more public events, be a more engaging public figure. I think he is starting to do that again though, which is good. If Kate and William do marry, hopefully Kate can gain some charisma and likability.

Right now I think William is exactly where he wants to be in both his public and private life.

He will, of course, continue on to do public engagements for his patronages such as Centrepoint but I think his top priority for the next three years will be his work with SAR.
Hopefully every mission he flies doesn't end up in the news as his first one did, but it takes a dedicated person to commit to this type of endeavor. Its something that is important to him and at this stage of his life, he has chosen a path to serve the people in a way that will also allow him to live a more quiet "ordinary" lifestyle. His time for being full time royal and in the public eye is yet ahead of him and personally I think if he can find himself, what he holds dear and what matters to him now as a relatively private citizen, he will be that much better at relating to the public in his royal duties.

When and if Kate and William marry is still anyone's guess and for sure they're not telling. Perhaps once married and we see Kate in public roles, we'll actually get to know her a bit better. Right now, she stays under the radar.

Staying under the radar is the best thing. One of the best public compliments given by the Queen in regards to any of her daughters in law was about Sophie....You wouldn't pick her out in a crowd.

Selfish in what way?
Who is it really harming because they aren't marrying?
Kate and William aren't in a coventional relationship, 9 years might be enough time for the ordinary couple but not for ones who will be the future King and Queen.

Well said Zonk.
Kate is wasting her time because she could have been married by now with the start of a family. A man can turn around and marry at any age- look at PA of Monaco and the girl has to wait until the thunderbolt hits him to marry her- If it was I , I would give Wills the ultimatum and then if he said no I would go and make a life elsewhere. Because if Diana had just said no to Charles and remained a single woman even as a babysitter "still"she would have been better off than what happened to her with marriage to the wrong fellow.

I agree so much. George V was "boring". Edward VIII was "glamorous" and "charismatic" and "Prince Charming." George VI was "boring." Elizabeth II is "boring" (and I say that as someone who loves the Queen). Give me "boring" over head-turning celebrity anytime.

It seems to me that people who are "boring" are people who can be depended on, are steady, and who don't let you down very often. You know what to expect from them and miss their quiet influence once they're gone.
:flowers:

Boring is a heck of lot better than scandals. I think the public would rather have boredom than people living the high life while not doing any work on their tax dollar.

This is so true. It is rare that a monarch has both charisma and the steadiness to do the job. These days boring and steadfastness are far preferable to a repeat of the 80s and 90s with charisma.

This is so true. It is rare that a monarch has both charisma and the steadiness to do the job. These days boring and steadfastness are far preferable to a repeat of the 80s and 90s with charisma.

Perhaps then this is what we have to look forward to when William does take up full time royal duties and further down the line, becomes King William.

So many reports have come back from the public engagements that he has done that he is really an engaging soul to talk to and has the knack of putting people at ease. It is why so many people have said they see his mother in William. So there's the charisma.

On the other hand, with learning from the best... his Granny and his father in regards to royal duties and commitment to the Crown, we will see the steadfastness that his grandmother has shown every day of her reign.
Also.. IF he does marry Kate, we will also see a Royal Prince and Princess (and future King and Queen) that will very much keep their private lives to themselves much as HM and the DoE do.

I hope we never again see the "celebrity" royal that's plastered on every glossy around the world nor the ever popular scandal sensationalism associated with ANY monarchy... leave that to the entertainment industry. We all do however have to admit that out of the fiascos of the 80s and 90, there are bright spots to look forward to decades ahead.

With William focusing on his military career, I think we'll have to wait a while for him to do more public engagements.

If anything the person who cheapened the monarchy was Charles.

How?

I think if William (and maybe Kate in the future) did more press, or traveled to the commonwealth more often, people would embrace them permanently. In a way being royal is like a business. You have to keep in touch! :flowers: I'm excited to see what happens though.

Your right that they need to be "seen", but doing more press is not in the style of the royals.

some days I believe William will be *forced* to marry Kate because he'd look terrible for dumping her. Other days I think, maybe the love is fading? imagine if he met someone amazing and got married a month later (after all those things happen a lot with men). This is all pretty soap operaish though :lol:

I'm rather hoping that he will meet someone else, and marry her within a year or such. Because then we could know that she's the one.

Kate is wasting her time because she could have been married by now with the start of a family. A man can turn around and marry at any age- look at PA of Monaco and the girl has to wait until the thunderbolt hits him to marry her- If it was I , I would give Wills the ultimatum and then if he said no I would go and make a life elsewhere. Because if Diana had just said no to Charles and remained a single woman even as a babysitter "still"she would have been better off than what happened to her with marriage to the wrong fellow.

You don't know that, Kate is 28 not 40, she has plenty of time to marry if her and William don't work out.
This is quite clearly what Kate wants else she would have left by now?
Many people have said that William and Kate have some kind of arrangment, some kind of secret engagement. Maybe Kate is satsified with that.

If anything the person who cheapened the monarchy was Charles. How?
Ah, where to begin? It's such a long list... I'm afraid I might get in trouble by the "wrong thread" police :innocent:
Well, Prince Charles married a 19 year old girl, and then publicly cheated on her. He had that cringe worthy phone conversation about wanting to be Camilla's tampon... just to name a few. I don't think you can appear dignified after that?

yeah, marriage isn't that big of a deal for non-royal people. If she's dumped it would be embarrassing for a year or two, then Kate can easily find someone else.
a secret engagement? that seems like the most likely option.

He didn't 'publicly' cheat on her. They both started to cheat on each other about the same time but she decided to make public that he was cheating without telling the world that she was also cheating at the same time.

The phone call was a private conversation not meant for anyone else's ears. Had he said the same thing to Diana and it had been made public woulf you still feel the same way.

Diana was no saint - she lied to the public, manipulated them by only telling half the story and she publicly tried to destroy her husband and embarassed his family and her sovereign.

Charles made one major mistake in his life - he married the wrong woman. She was young but at 20 an adult who had grown up in the aristocracy so knew the expectations - an heir and a spare and a shut mouth. Had she remained celibate after Charles left her bed I might have some respect for her but as she didn't but made out that she was a 'poor me my husband cheated on me so I will tell the world about him but not tell them that I cheated on him' I have none at all.

Charles and the rest of the royal family have almost recovered from her public attacks on them.

This thread is NOT about Charles, Camilla or Diana.

Its about Kate and William.

I would like to remind everyone of the following TRF rule:

• Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
There are a variety of threads that discuss the Diana/Charles/Camilla triangle. There is no need to rehash the drama in the William and Kate threads. Future posts will be deleted.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
my first post at this thread. Will Willy marry lovely Katie, the english rose? i would be happy as she is good looking, she just needs a good stylist and another wardrobe. Actually i can imagine her like heavenly Carla Bruni. Mmmh! :wub:

IF she marries William, trust me... She Will get all you suggest, and much more!

I am sorry, but I really haven't a clue. You will have to wait just like the rest of us minions. :(

there is hardly any doubt in my mind that they will marry...they have been together too long, and William really hasn't looked anywhere else for potential girlfriends, which means he is happy with this one. Each day that passes with them together makes it more and more likely that they will indeed marry. It's only a matter of time before the engagement is announced.

Kate appears in public for the first time in 104 days...will an engagement be next? | Mail Online

Kate Middleton appeared in public for the first time in more than three months yesterday as she and William attended his friend Harry Meade's wedding.

Speculation that the Royal couple are about to announce their engagement was fuelled when they walked through the porch of the church together.

They usually arrive at such events separately to avoid being photographed side by side.

A source at St Peter and St Paul's church in Northleach, Gloucestershire, said: 'When they turned up together and went through the front where there were obviously photographers, no one could believe it. It's very unusual and very significant.'

3 of William's exes were at the wedding and at the bottom is has a 'timetable' of the weddings they have attending together, 10 in all, but I can't remember seeing the pictures from the Lucy Regan and Charlie Savroy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom