The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=muriel;1103749]... and cleared her diary. QUOTE]

i always find it a bit odd that they say this. does she have a calendar of events booked months...possibly years...in advance?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't see why she would need a calender of events?
Cleared her diary of what, all she does it work, if that.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am the only one confused as to the majority of posts in this thread?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Am the only one confused as to the majority of posts in this thread?
Which posts are you referring to?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Courtier

The article was really interesting, but maybe she should have posted only the link?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Mods if this text is not allowed then please feel free to delete it all.
You've posted the entire article over 5 posts, thereby breaching the copyright law.

The Member FAQs state
Quote:
If an article is copyrighted, does that mean I can't post even one or two sentences of it without having to get permission?

Under the fair-use provision of the US copyright law, small amounts of articles may be posted for the purpose of discussion without having to obtain permission from the copyright holder. As a rule of thumb, we're allowing no more than 20% of the text of an article (but not photos) to be posted, along with a link to the original. Ideally, only a very small amount of the article should be posted: just enough to give an idea of the topic of the article, which may then be read on the original website. When posting material from copyrighted articles, it's always better to post less than more.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thats what I was thinking, unless the article was in a newspaper.
Which newspaper was it from, because it's just been deleted.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebri...54190/general/
Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thats what I was thinking, unless the article was in a newspaper.
Which newspaper was it from, because it's just been deleted.
I believe it was from the Sunday Times. The link has been given in post #1577.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh, so if the link had already been posted, why did the member post the entire article?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Oh, so if the link had already been posted, why did the member post the entire article?
One reason why came to mind for me. When I clicked on the link to read the article, it told me I needed to register for a free trial to view it. I rarely sign up for things like that. Perhaps that was one reason why the entire article was posted here... I'm sure the intentions were well meant. Its things like this happening that clarify the rules of TRF for me too... We learn from each others mistakes.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I provided a link to the article and did not post the full article because of the copyright restrictions.

The Sunday Times and The Times are no longer free websites, and you have to pay to get access. For a limited time, they are allowing people to register and hacve free access. If any readers are interested in the article, I would suggest they register on the website and read it. I am already a Sunday Times subsvriber so have aferee online access.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Majesty

For the record, I don't believe in living together before marriage or in having affairs during marriage--for anybody. If that makes me a dinosaur, so be it. The fact is, though, that the a great number monarchs and their families haven't lived by the standards that their church teaches. The last two centuries have been unusual in that there have been more morally-living monarchs than usual. From Victoria through to the present Queen, the only monarchs who really stepped out-of-line in terms of sexual morality were Edward VII and Edward VIII.

As much as I dislike seeing divorce in the royal family and co-habitation, I have to be a realist and see that these people are like people of their generation in terms of what they see as the normal way to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Well if he wants to be king - the defender of the faith, the head of the CoE, well shacking up with his long term girlfriend isn't good form..
Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is why I think it's crucial to live together before marriage --

Would you buy a car without test driving it? Buy a house sight unseen? Sign contracts without reading them? No, you probably wouldn't and it would be foolish to do those things. If you're going to marry someone, spend the rest of your lives sharing a living space with them....you need to know as much about that person as you can BEFORE you do it. If you live together and realize....hey, this isn't working out....it's easier to break up than get a divorce. Everyone, including royals, should be as happy as they can be in a relationship and part of being happy is not feeling like there's mystery or things you don't know about the other person.

Sometimes it matters who showers in the morning and who showers at night. Or who is a night owl and who is a morning person. You'll never know these things and then avoid fights about it later if you don't actually live with them and figure it out first. Living with someone before getting married isn't the slippery slope to hell.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Well if he wants to be king - the defender of the faith, the head of the CoE, well shacking up with his long term girlfriend isn't good form. It would be better form for them to marry. Call me old fashioned but it is such a conflict of interest and complete variance to what he is supposed to represent.
Agreed, Lighthouse.

As for the CofE, one of the linked articles here described it as "toothless", which seems a very accurate summary to me. Everyone is terrified to stand up for moral absolutes these days. It saddens me.

From a more prosiac view: will Kate still have enough "fertile" years when she finally walks down the isle? After all, if she weds William, there will be tremendous pressure to produce heirs. And if they split up, she will have spent all of her best childbearing years waiting for what never came to be. In my view, either way it is an injustice to Kate to delay marriage.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Women can have children successfully well into their 40s. The idea that a woman must have a child by some arbitrary date or else their biological clock will start shorting out is steeped in medical misinformation. My mother was nearly 40 when she had my sister and both her and my sister came through labor and delivery perfectly and my sister is a very healthy 23 year old woman now. Kate is only 28 years old.....she's hardly approaching barren spinsterhood. Crown Princess Victoria is going to be 33 next month and just within the last two weeks, got married. She may well be 34 or 35 by the time she has her first child.

Kate is not wasting anything. She's a big girl, she knows what she's doing. If she wanted to get married and have a family and William wasn't ready for that right now....they would have stayed broken up rather than reconciling as they did. Considering the advances that reproductive medicine is making by the leaps and bounds, Kate and William could get married when they're both in their 40s and still have healthy children.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

Coe

How many royal households practice their religious faith 100%. No one does even those that are religious. I'm sure that over the centuries that COE and other religious officals (Catholic, Eastern Orthodox) have seen or heard royals doing things that they didn't approve off but I could hardly imagine them going to the King or Queen and saying well you need to talk to so and so about his or her behavior. The reaction to this would be to either mind their own business or this is a private family matter butt out.

Until recent times female royals were expected to live by a strict moral code (imposed by men who didn't live by it), but the male royals were not. A male royal may not have lived with someone before marriage, but that didn't mean that he wasn't intimate with a woman. It would have been odd if he wasn't. A female royal today still would pay a heavy price if they stepped out on their husband. In the past, they would also have paid a heavy price if they were caught spending the night with a man.
Today no one really cares as they are adults.

Thank God that Kate and William have not be forced or pressured to marry. If they had when they were younger, they might not have stayed married. Within the next couple of years they either will or will not marry.
What they do in their private life is none of my business.

In the 1950's couples were pressured to marry young (to avoid sexual immorality). The end result was bad marriages, stepping out and later divorce. My mother was pressured into marriage (society told her that at age 27 she was a nothing unless she had a man) and the end result was a bad marriage and a divorce. Had she not had this pressure or if she had lived with my dad, the two never would have married.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Sorry everyone for posting the entire article. Please feel free to DELETE it all. And I will make sure I only post a web-link next time.
Thanks guys!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
For the record, I don't believe in living together before marriage or in having affairs during marriage--for anybody.
I agree Mermaid.
Call me old fashioned but I think that "living together" should be in the confines and sanctity of marriage. The idea of test driving a car, and testing a relationship are two different things. First of all, people are not cars and people are seriously not houses.. Second of all, I know lots of couples who lived together prior to their marriage and they've often told me that they should've waited. Thirdly, whatever happened to respecting ourselves. Lots of women live with these men and they expect more. Then they have the nerve to get upset when the guy they live with won't marry them. Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free??? I do not like the living together concept because it's not as simple and easy as it sounds. A lot of baggage comes from giving yourself completely to a relationship and to me, it feels like going against what God has designed marriage to be.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

She could always play hard to get. Worked for Anne Boleyn. *Russo shrugs*
Old 06-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Sister Morphine, studies have shown that couples who have lived together before marrying are statistically more likely to divorce than those who waited, so that 'test drive' argument is weak at best.

And, yes, women can have healthy children at almost any age these days, but all the technology in the world will not change the realities of human biology.
Whichever you look at it, the more a woman waits, the more her pregnancy will be risky (increased occurrences of miscarriages, mitosis malfunctions, down syndrome, premature birth, etc) and the more she will be likely to need intrusive, emotionally and financially draining IVF to conceive.

We all know dozen of stories of women who had totally perfect pregnancies at 42 and girls in their 20s who had nightmare experiences, but statistics and medical opinion do not make a strong case for late pregnancies.

Closed Thread