The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Majesty

She also has the benefit of knowing that the attention might not die down for quite awhile after the marriage. Charles and Diana were told that it would go away after the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Diana probably did not know what she was getting into when she married Charles. Kate will have the benefit of knowing what to expect as far as attention from the media and the public. She also knows what she can expect from William at this point.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It is not just anyone who would do it.

There is no comparison to Kate and Camilla in this context. Charles was not in a committed or monogamous relationship with Camilla in the 70s. They only got together as lovers and fell more in love after his marriage to Diana "irretrievably broke down." He dated all kinds of women between Camilla's marriage to APB and his own marriage to Diana. William's situation is completely different. William dated some different women in the university years, but then after xmas2003, or thereabouts, it was Kate, and they came out with their relationship with that ski trip in April 2004, and it's been Kate ever since, except for that very brief "cooling off period" in 2007. Kate never married someone else; William has not dated other women, despite the media's attempt to make Jecca into a rival for Kate. So I don't see a Camilla comparison in this context at all. Now if Kate goes off and marries.... van Straubenzee, and then William scoops up Jecca or someone else, marries her, and then gets together with Kate adulterously.... now that would be weird! lol
I think you have hit a nail on the head here.

William knows that his father and Camilla were together for a short time before she married Andrew and then his father searched for the right one but didn't find her. He had already let her go. When he got the chance he took it and is with her now. William is very close to his father and sees just how happy his father is with Camilla (way more so than we do) but also William is awar that he has many similar characteristics to his father. He may very well fear doing what his father did and letting THE ONE go at a young age and so is keeping Kate around until he or she is ready to commit to a permanent arrangement. If that is the case I do hope he gets it right for his sake.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He may very well fear doing what his father did and letting THE ONE go at a young age and so is keeping Kate around until he or she is ready to commit to a permanent arrangement.
Plenty of people realize that they've broken a relationship for reasons that were not sufficient and wish to take the mistake back. William might be making completely sure that she isn't the one so if there's a break up he's not wondering later.

He hasn't proposed because he isn't ready for such a commitment. Living together is a step but by no means a guarantee of marriage, it's got to be going through his mind that he might not mirror his father's mistakes but instead do the reverse. jump too early, so he waits to act to know exactly what he wants.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I think up until now I've heard he's given her a key to his house(2007) and he's bought a place near her or something like that while he's training(approx. 2008-09) We've never heard them living together until now right. Though I'm sure they're somewhat used to spending days/nights together by now it's probably always been somewhat like living together for them
Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

It could just be that neither one of them is ready to get married. Not every woman wants to be married in her twenties.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Courtier

I think we have hard stories of them living together before. They have been dating for 7 some years now and also lived together at St. Andrew's. I think they both will do things on thier time not our or the press. I hope they do what makes them happy
Old 06-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
How do we know that William is indecisive?
by already known facts :) 8 years dating the girl, at least give her a ring! Any woman needs a bit security when invests so long into a relationship...sorry to say this, but it is true. This is why I said indecisive .
Old 06-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen View Post
by already known facts :) 8 years dating the girl, at least give her a ring! Any woman needs a bit security when invests so long into a relationship...sorry to say this, but it is true. This is why I said indecisive .
That does not at all mean he is indecisive.
That just means he does not want to get married, and obviously neither does she.
She obviously has some security, else she would have uped and left.
They could have decided and obviously have, to remain happy the way they are.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
That just means he does not want to get married, and obviously neither does she.
where is the obvious thing? all her actions show that she LOVES to get married to him...she puts up with the paps, she waits 8 years, she puts up with her family being offended by the press , that her Mom doesn't have manners, she doesn't get a job outside her home and constantly pressure of pictures taking of her. What kinda of woman will put up with this stuff if she doesn't want to get married?
Quote:
She obviously has some security, else she would have uped and left.
They could have decided and obviously have, to remain happy the way they are.
this is also not obvious to me either. And I really doubt they will remain happy the way they are, from pressure of all sides.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen View Post
where is the obvious thing? all her actions show that she LOVES to get married to him...she puts up with the paps, she waits 8 years, she puts up with her family being offended by the press , that her Mom doesn't have manners, she doesn't get a job outside her home and constantly pressure of pictures taking of her. What kinda of woman will put up with this stuff if she doesn't want to get married?

this is also not obvious to me either. And I really doubt they will remain happy the way they are, from pressure of all sides.
She seems to be quite happy, with not getting married right now. If you want something to change, and your boyfriend/partner doesn't want it too, why stick around?

But if you weren't given something to keep you secure about your relationship, wouldn't you have left?
William and Kate have obviously had a relationship talk, and whatever they have decided they are sticking with and they are obviously happy to me. If your not happy in the relationship, you don't carry it on.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm curious when was the last time the two were spotted together...I can't remember tbh
Old 06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm curious when was the last time the two were spotted together...I can't remember tbh
You have a point.
Before New Year I think.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You have a point.
Before New Year I think.
They did attend a couple of springtime weddings together.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
They did attend a couple of springtime weddings together.
Oh yes, the red dress debacle.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Majesty

I think that Prince Albert's recent engagement announcement is going to step up the pressure on William and Kate--particularly on William. There'll be one less couple to speculate about once Albert and Charlene get married.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that Prince Albert's recent engagement announcement is going to step up the pressure on William and Kate--particularly on William. There'll be one less couple to speculate about once Albert and Charlene get married.

I had a feeling that if Albert brought her a high-profile royal event like the wedding of an heir/heiress to the throne, an engagement would be forthcoming. Good to see my gut feeling was correct!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Which means if Kate shows up with William at the wedding in Monaco, then we'll know for sure.

As far as pressure, William knows the choices his father made when people pressured him to marry. He probably wants to avoid making the same mistakes.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Commoner

they are so beautiful couple ))) I hope they will be very happy ))
Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator

When Prince Albert marries.....most likely William and Kate will not be in attendance (engagement or not). When Albert was enthroned, I believe it was Edward and Sophie who attended (maybe Andrew). But since Edward and Sophie do the wedding circuit tour so well..........I can't imagine anyone else attending Albert's wedding.

If William couldn't attend Victoria's and she is more in his age bracket, why would he attend Alberts?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly, while it would have been nice to have one of the Wales' at Victoria's wedding, William and Victoria aren't all that equal. She's an heiress, he's the heir of the heir. So you'd only really expect monarchs and their spouses, their heirs and spouses and then other children of those monarchs. You didn't see a lot of grandkids of monarchs there, except in the case of Christian, Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia.

It actually would have been more suiting for Charles and Camilla to go, as I don't think the two of them have gone to any high-profile royal events overseas like that as a couple since they got married. I wonder why that is?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread