The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Allright, Willy just turned 28 and isn't married yet. Perhaps he said 38 and got lost in translation??! What do you think?

No loss of translation.

He was at a bar and made an offhand comment five years ago about an age at which he thought it would be good to get married and now that he has reached that age he isn't. Simple.

I don't think he will marry for another 7 or 8 years actually - even longer if he can get away with it.

If either Harry or Beatrice or Eugenie marries in that time and has a child I could see William not marrying at all actually. I don't think he would want to put any woman in the position in which his mother was placed and will put that day off as long as possible.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

If either Harry or Beatrice or Eugenie marries in that time and has a child I could see William not marrying at all actually. I don't think he would want to put any woman in the position in which his mother was placed and will put that day off as long as possible.
There are always two sides to a coin, perhaps he doesn´t want to be put in the position his mother put his father in either.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
There are always two sides to a coin, perhaps he doesn´t want to be put in the position his mother put his father in either.

Of course he wouldn't want that either.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Hi I'm a newbie here, bit living in the UK can I say that up to my time of posting (14.52 UK time ) there has been no engagement announcement between William and Kate. This is usually announced by the BBC on a 11.00 hrs news bulliten.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

If they do decide to get married which church do you think they would pick? St Paul's or Westminster Abbey? I think it's a hard decision the Abbey has more history for the royal family but holds less guests and has a not so magnificent entrance, in comparison to St. Paul's which has wonderful steps & portico, and hold's more guests. I think if they marry in the Abbey people would also think he wedding wouldn't be as good as if it was in St. Paul's... That's just my opinion though.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Hi I'm a newbie here, bit living in the UK can I say that up to my time of posting (14.52 UK time ) there has been no engagement announcement between William and Kate. This is usually announced by the BBC on a 11.00 hrs news bulliten.
There won't be an announcement, because he is not engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
If they do decide to get married which church do you think they would pick? St Paul's or Westminster Abbey? I think it's a hard decision the Abbey has more history for the royal family but holds less guests and has a not so magnificent entrance, in comparison to St. Paul's which has wonderful steps & portico, and hold's more guests. I think if they marry in the Abbey people would also think he wedding wouldn't be as good as if it was in St. Paul's... That's just my opinion though.
We're going in to a guessing realm.
Personally I think St Pauls. But also i don't think we should talk like this just yet. The press do enough of that.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Courtier

This guy is not getting married any time soon. The only thing on William's mind is his career. That will come first with him and Kate knows it.

She will either have to wait it out for as long as HE wants or MOVE ON!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
This guy is not getting married any time soon. The only thing on William's mind is his career. That will come first with him and Kate knows it.

She will either have to wait it out for as long as HE wants or MOVE ON!
We do not know for sure if that is the way it actually is.
Yes William apparently has his mind on his career, but if he wanted to get married, i'm sure he would take some time off to get married.

For all we know it could be Kate, that is the one who does not want to get married yet and HE is the one waiting for her.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

For all we know it could be Kate, that is the one who does not want to get married yet and HE is the one waiting for her.
My guess it is Carole, she doesn´t want her daughter to be Queen and all the bother of going to all those royal occasions.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Nobility

It's friends with benefits until they want kids IMO otherwise Kate could end up being like Diana, hounded to death by the press.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
It's friends with benefits until they want kids IMO otherwise Kate could end up being like Diana, hounded to death by the press.
I hope not to death

Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Diana was not killed by the press, she was killed because she did not have her seatbelt on.

How can you call an eight year relationship, friends with benefits?
William is not going to let any wife of his turn out like his mother.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

FWB or the other commonly-used expression for what you're talking about that we can't post here is not used to describe people in a committed relationship. Hence the word "friends" in the beginning of "Friends With Benefits". That's not William and Kate.

If you have that kind of set-up with someone, you aren't dating them. You're either single or dating other people and only see each other for purely sexual reasons.

THAT'S what "friends with benefits" is. You're friends, but you have the benefits of being in a relationship with them (the sex), without actually being in a relationship with them.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

William is 28, what's the rush to get married? Victoria was 32, Albert's in his 50's and still not married. He has his whole life ahead of him, he shouldn't feel any pressure to marry. Heck, his dad was 32-33 and he was the heir to the throne, so no rush for them, all though I'm sure we all want to see a wedding soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
reasons.

THAT'S what "friends with benefits" is. You're friends, but you have the benefits of being in a relationship with them (the sex), without actually being in a relationship with them.
What a lovely way of putting it, there are such quaint expressions in English.
We have one that I have always liked, "if the cap fits, wear it".

It is a myth that the press hounded Diana to death, she sometimes loved them she sometimes found them uncomfortable, but as Lumut said, if she had worn a seatbelt she would perhaps still be alive today. If she were I am sure she would have a say about her son and his friendships.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 PM

If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate or Chelsy wouldn't even be in the picture if Diana survived the car crash.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate or Chelsy wouldn't even be in the picture if Diana survived the car crash.
Well it's a given that they would be different people.
As to the Kate and Chelsy, we can't speculate what would have happened if Diana were alive.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
If Diana were alive, I believe William (and even Harry) would be much different people than they are since she is dead.
I agree Sonjapearl about Prince William and Prince Harry. Had Diana, Princess of Wales lived she would have had more time to guide them in their teens and becoming adults.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
What a lovely way of putting it, there are such quaint expressions in English.
We have one that I have always liked, "if the cap fits, wear it".

Yeah, it's rather blunt.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Went grocery shopping and the Star tabloid's front page announced that Ms Middelton is pregnant and the BRF is hurrying a marriage, so there wouldn't be a scandal. I got a good laugh. Must be a real slow summer for news.