William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the princes, Kate and Chelsy all have an idea of what is being said about them in the press but I don't think they dwell on it. I mean they can only take so much of the negativity. They probably have a good laugh about what is being and take it all with a grain of salt.

You're right, Kate does not seems to follow thru with things. Just waiting, waiting, while William becomes an accomplished man. (victorian attitude perhaps).
No, I don't think many people care about whether these two marry or not. Sorry to say but these two are a bit of a yawn.

Prince William and Kate are not officially engaged (they have a serious relationship but not an official engagement). Because of that, neither one of them is morally obligated to stay in the relationship. If either one of them decides to break up and date others, they could, although Kate would be more judged for doing so.

Kate has waited and waited. I hope ten years down the road she isn't still waiting.

I've known women who have played the waiting, waiting, game hoping that their partner will marry them. In a lot of cases especially after years of being together, their man leaves them for someone else (usually younger) or breaks up with them. Some of these women because they waited could no longer have children because their biological clock ran out on them. When their man leaves them, he doesn't seem to have the same emotional response over the breakup. They are devastated over it, he's not, since he made the decision to leave. In a few cases the woman left but usually it's the other way around. These women didn't date wealthy men or royalty.

1, I don't think anyone would really care if they split, they would probably feel relieved that they were doing something.
2, I pity any girl that dates or marries William because whatever happens, however long she is around, she will always somehow be compared to Diana or The Queen.

As to point 2, if he doesn't marry Kate, I think his bride will always be compared to her and at every significant event in his life, the press will also report on what Kate is doing. I think he's made her a permanent part of his story already.

I agree with CSW. Though the decision is theirs as a couple. I think most people might feel bad for Kate if it does not end in marriage.

I think Kate just want to keep a low profile before getting engaged to PW. I still think both will end up marrying each other perhaps whenever he ends his military training.

So regardless of whether they married or not, Kate will always be linked to Prince William.

She will always be known and the ex that never made it the alter, but eventually when he is married, with children, no one will care about Kate and these 8 years except her and Carole IMO.

that's so right!!! her mother would be devastated. i think th epublic should move on and ignore these two for a while

I have to say that on her own, she is not someone I would look at twice...she is average/pretty and wears clothes well. Maybe if I knew more about what interests her beyond Prince William I would feel differently.

Perhaps after all the starpower and drama the late Princess of Wales brought into the BRF, Kate is want they want and welcome...someone who does not appear particularly charismatic and who will not make waves.

And no, I will not feel badly for her, her mother or her family if she does not marry William. She had choices here. She does not appear stupid. She knows the dangers of staying in a relationship for seven years without a wedding ring.

If William doess not marry her........Kate will go the way of Emma Pernaud(dated Pr.Carl of Sweden 9yrs?) Eva Sannum(dated Pr.Felipe 3-4yrs?) Koo Stark(dated, Pr. Andrew-months?) (or Prince Fred of Denmarks longtime ex-girlfriend?)

Kate Middleton would not be the first or last woman who did not end up marrying a Prince she dated publicly for years. It would not be the end of William's reputation, it would not ruin William, it would not destroy Kate. She would be disappointed perhaps and a faction of her fans or people who hoped for a wedding might be disappointed but both of their lives would move on and so would the public.

The press has been pushing this into marriage in their papers, The Palace nor William have ever given any indication that he intends to marry her. She is his longtime girlfriend, not much different than previous Princes who have had longtime girlfriends who publicly held press interests.

William does not own Kate Middleton a future life, she is a dating adult and knows as a previous poster said, the various outcomes of dating someone for a long time.

The press does not even know the level the relationship is at, no one does. They may see each other every day and be quite serious or see each other casually and sporadically at this point? The press is writing the relationship in the papers as one flowing fairytale that will end in marriage, but William and Kate have had one major breakup, then reunited , yet are still not engaged and William is 28 with his first really serious girlfriend.
William may be looking at Prince Nikolas of Greece who married at 40 and wondering what the rush is? ;) Or he may really want to marry Kate soon :flowers:, but whatever the outcome, the press and the public will have to accept his decision and not give him a hard time about it, I hope.
Because the last time he dumped her in 2007 the press went ballistic, calling him a cad and all sorts of things.
I don't really have much sympathy for Kate to be honest. She has made her bed and must deal with the outcome, either way.

Kate could have pursued a career all these years or worked or done other things besides be around constantly for William. If Chelsy managed to complete two degrees, go to Law School , do two or three internhsips, while dating Harry, surely Kate could have managed a bit more.

If William doess not marry her........Kate will go the way of Koo Stark(dated, Pr. Andrew-months?)

Yes however, HM LIKED Koo Stark. I don't believe we know if HM likes Miss Middleton.

This is the second post I've seen on this page about Kate being mistress material. This assumes that she's the kind of woman who would have an affair with a married man. :ermm:

He has just turned 28 , and I do not think Katherine will ever be the fairy tale bride. The fairy tale mistress, perhaps.

How do we know that it's not Kate who's keeping William waiting? Perhaps he's waiting until she's ready for the public committment. To me, it's a bit sexist to put this long engagement on William's shoulders as though he were pulling all the strings. Perhaps, as other posters have said, they have their plans made between the two of them but haven't made it official with anyone else.

Kate has waited and waited. I hope ten years down the road she isn't still waiting.

Well if they made plans to marry and it's been a year or two, that would be a hard secret to keep. Especially to family and friends.

Well if they made plans to marry and it's been a year or two, that would be a hard secret to keep. Especially to family and friends.

Not necessarily. I would imagine that both Kate and William (but moreso William) would have a small trusted group of friends who will not share their secrets or sell them to out to a tabloid.

Not if the family and friends that they would confide in were very closed mouthed. The Queen never talks to the press, nor does any major participant in the BRF. I would think that close friends of Will and Kate would also respect their privacy.

If they have told family and friends about this, they have very good loyal friends and loyal family members. Money is very tempting to sell someone out.

If they have told family and friends about this, they have very good loyal friends and loyal family members. Money is very tempting to sell someone out.

I don't see anyone in the BRF or those that would be in a close circle of friends being the money hungry type that they'd ever even consider making a quick buck.

First of all, I don't think William or Kate (especially William) hang out with people who are looking for a quick buck. Their money is old.

Second of all, if someone did that and they traveled in the same small social circles...they would be ostracized so quickly their heads would spin. I don't think anyone would take that chance.

Not necessarily. I would imagine that both Kate and William (but moreso William) would have a small trusted group of friends who will not share their secrets or sell them to out to a tabloid.

Totally agree -- I think William is serious about knowing whether or not he can trust someone. I tend to think that's one of the reasons his relationship with Kate seems so solid -- he trusts her (IMO, of course).

I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. Tell a person an innocuous or even untrue throwaway story (like the "dog ate the earrings" story, for example) -- and then wait to see if it ends up in the press. If so, they're not to be trusted, because they'll spill to Katie Nicholl or Richard Palmer or anybody else.

Its important to note that William is not new the party.

He has been tutored by the Queen, the Duke and Prince Charles about what is to be expected from him. He has lived thru the marriage of his parents as well as each scandal that has affected his family, and how most of them are listed as sources and friends of the family, etc. I would imagine that while he makes new friends, they aren't entered into the trust circle that easy.

They would have to earn their trust or prove that they are worthy of trust. No one in their right mind would betray that trust because once it's gone, it will never be recovered.

I don't see anyone in the BRF or those that would be in a close circle of friends being the money hungry type that they'd ever even consider making a quick buck.

That obviously excludes Peter Philips from close family as he most definitely sold out his wedding for a quick buck.

That obviously excludes Peter Philips from close family as he most definitely sold out his wedding for a quick buck.

I think that's totally a different case as it was his own wedding that he granted permission for the photos for. Its not as if he was leaking information about someone other than himself to the press. :)

This is what I think as well. The people who are in the really close circle aren't talking.

I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. .

Totally agree -- I think William is serious about knowing whether or not he can trust someone. I tend to think that's one of the reasons his relationship with Kate seems so solid -- he trusts her (IMO, of course).

I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. Tell a person an innocuous or even untrue throwaway story (like the "dog ate the earrings" story, for example) -- and then wait to see if it ends up in the press. If so, they're not to be trusted, because they'll spill to Katie Nicholl or Richard Palmer or anybody else.

I couldn't agree with you more!

As to point 2, if he doesn't marry Kate, I think his bride will always be compared to her and at every significant event in his life, the press will also report on what Kate is doing. I think he's made her a permanent part of his story already.

I disagree, simply due to the fickle-ness of most people. No one seems to remember all the ladies Charles dated (granted, they didn't drag on like PW and Kate). From the comments I have read all over this board, the indication is that the woman PW marries takes a back seat to many who are only interested in a royal wedding.

Not if the family and friends that they would confide in were very closed mouthed. The Queen never talks to the press, nor does any major participant in the BRF. I would think that close friends of Will and Kate would also respect their privacy.

Au contrair, I think if they were "privately" engaged, it would be Kate herself who would let the cat out of the bag. I do not believe she could keep it to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
A paper here in Massachusetts published a few days ago a small story echoing the rumor that palace officials have spoken with Westminster Abbey and reserved it for an August 2011 wedding. This is a paper that is not a rumor mill and does not often publish celebrity stuff like this so I wasn't sure what to make of it. A bored editor perhaps?

Does anyone else feel that s/he would be disappointed if they married? I just think them walking down the aisle would be a terrible message for the young girls of the U.K.: don't work seriously on a career, dabble in whatever you fancy, dress well and make sure to have free time, and one day your prince will marry you.

I enjoyed watching C.P. Mary's documentary about her life that was used to introduce her to the Danish people and I couldn't help but think that, if they marry, Kate's won't be very long or interesting. I guess just chatter about her childhood.

I was {and still am} so hoping that Wills could end up with an exciting and interesting woman who had run her own NGO or perhaps worked at one or at least done something impressive with herself.

That is an interesting theory and I can see it being useful in some instances, particularly in weeding out certain members of the staff. I don't know if the actual family does this, though. I feel that William has better things to do with his time than plant rumors about himself and keep track of who spilled what. I believe him in interviews when he says he really doesn't pay attention to the gossip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom