The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1301  
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 702
Well okay. If that is the case, then why continue to string her along? She has to live her life on the fringes of his and be excluded from important family and official events due to her "non" status. She may be patient, but I can't imagine any woman being satisfied with that indefinitely, nor can I imagine William is the type of man to expect it of someone he has been with for so long.
__________________

  #1302  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,162
Who says she wants to get married either?
They both might be perfectly and serenely happy with the way life is at the moment for them.
We do not know what the relationship is like, they both might have an understand that one day they will get married, but just not yet.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1303  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 451
She doesn't have to do anything. If she doesn't like her "status" she always has the option of moving on. Instead, for whatever reason, she chooses to stay Will's girlfriend. I'm not sure if I would...
  #1304  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Prince William hasn´t invested anything. He is royal and if Kate goes he can take his pick. On the other hand the biological clock is ticking for Kate.
It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers and it is a good description of what she has been doing all these years.

Is it a good description though?

What we know is what the press want us to know and they need a 'princess' to sell papers - one they can build up and then destroy and maybe even build up again but...we don't actually know for sure what she has been doing.

We may speculate how much work she is doing for her parents but we simply don't know how hard she works. I am prepared to give her the benefits of the doubt and assume that she is putting in a reasonable amount of hard work to continue to grow her parents' business, which also provides her with a luxury lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who says she wants to get married either?
They both might be perfectly and serenely happy with the way life is at the moment for them.
We do not know what the relationship is like, they both might have an understand that one day they will get married, but just not yet.

I agree with this.

I think they are enjoying being a 'normal' couple without the weight of being royal at the moment and will continue in that vein until they decide that they wish to start a family - then there will be the engagement and the wedding the easing into her royal role for Kate with the first pregnancy happening almost at once as well with maybe a second and third in the first five years of the marriage so that it might be another 10 years before she fully embraces being royal at all.
  #1305  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
...So why is he dragging his heels on an engagement?
I don't agree with what you're saying texankitcat. You're making it seem as if they have a fake relationship. They are a real couple, just like other people, when you're dating someone you don't think of it as "investing" in it. He's probably dragging his heels because he doesn't want to marry now. That doesn't mean he doesn't love or like Kate, but it means he's not ready. Kate's 28 this year. So what? Does she have one more year to live or something? I don't think so. So whats the rush? I would hate for Will to marry Kate because she's "getting up in age". He should marry her because he loves her, he's sure about her and he's ready to join himself with her forever. Do you really think Will cares about these dates? Two years, four years, etc. They most likely got back together because they care about each other, not because they have "marriage" on their mind. Another thing, the childbirth thing is no excuse. Women can have children up to the age of 45. Kate has some years before she officially close up shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
...then why continue to string her along?
He really may not be stringing her along. Kate should not be upset because she's excluded from royal events. If she's upset about it then she's most likely a golddigger. I'm sorry, but isn't true love about patience? Shouldn't Kate be patient with Will? She should be satisfied. She has nothing to complain about. The fact that a ring is not on her finger shouldn't make her dissatisfied. She has to first look inward and be happy with herself as a whole. I hate when women give the men their dating ultimatums to marry them. I sincerely hope Kate is not doing that to Will.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1306  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Well one thing that Kate can´t be accused of is lack of patience. She has been right there even when he broke off from her, ready for him to just say the word. Nowadays she isn´t seen, or at least the tabloids don´t see her about much, but after the so called break-up she was seen in nearly every place that William could turn up at.

Iluv, you have painted a beautiful fairy tale. It could come a classic in future. As to her working hard, well if you say so. The pregnancy bit was touching too, it quite brought a tear to my eye.
  #1307  
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Well one thing that Kate can´t be accused of is lack of patience. She has been right there even when he broke off from her, ready for him to just say the word. Nowadays she isn´t seen, or at least the tabloids don´t see her about much, but after the so called break-up she was seen in nearly every place that William could turn up at.

Iluv, you have painted a beautiful fairy tale. It could come a classic in future. As to her working hard, well if you say so. The pregnancy bit was touching too, it quite brought a tear to my eye.

Your evidence that she isn't working hard for her parents' business is....?

I said that I was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I am not living in the home or working for the business which seems to be rather successful. Sure her parents may be allowing her to sit around the house all day just waiting for William to call but as the other children have jobs I doubt it.

As Diana was expected to fall pregnant immediately and I remember the photos of Mary's stomach after the honeymoon it is clear that the first duty of a new royal wife is to produce the heir, especially when the wife is marrying someone directly in line to the throne it makes sense to have the now normal prebaby period be premarriage period as well.

I am not painting a fairy tale but basing my ideas on what I have seen happening in other royal families and has happened in the British (Charles and William were both born within a year or so of the wedding) before the couple could really get to know each other. They are doing things differently - doing the getting to know each other, living together before marriage and children instead of marriage, children, get to know you time.
  #1308  
Old 06-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
As to her working hard, well if you say so.
You have nothing to say that she is not hard working, the family business seems very successful and I would say that Kate works for whatever she earns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I remember the photos of Mary's stomach after the honeymoon
Which Mary are you talking about?
Because Christian was born in October, meaning Mary fell pregnant February 2005 if I'm correct, and the honeymoon was straight after the wedding in May 2004?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1309  
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You have nothing to say that she is not hard working, the family business seems very successful and I would say that Kate works for whatever she earns.



Which Mary are you talking about?
Because Christian was born in October, meaning Mary fell pregnant February 2005 if I'm correct, and the honeymoon was straight after the wedding in May 2004?

There were photos of her stomach trying to see a baby bump from the honeymoon onwards - not only after the pregnancy was announced but from June 2004 onwards.
  #1310  
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You have nothing to say that she is not hard working, the family business seems very successful and I would say that Kate works for whatever she earns.

Of course I have nothing to say about it. I have no idea if she is working, working hard, lazing or whatever, and one thing I definitely have no idea about is how much she earns, or if she does get paid.
As long as children have parties and like fancy hats and plates the family should be fine.
  #1311  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There were photos of her stomach trying to see a baby bump from the honeymoon onwards - not only after the pregnancy was announced but from June 2004 onwards.
But she wasn't pregnant, that we know off obviously until Christian, so the press were just looking for her to be pregnant.
I understand that is the main obligation of the future heirs wife, to bear his children, hopefully a son first.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1312  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
But she wasn't pregnant, that we know off obviously until Christian, so the press were just looking for her to be pregnant.
I understand that is the main obligation of the future heirs wife, to bear his children, hopefully a son first.
Remember when it was her gall bladder in Fall 2004 instead of a baby? As I recall, the press went into overdrive on baby watch and were sadly disappointed. Sorry to be off topic on W&K.
  #1313  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,394
I think iluveberties point is that immeadiately after Frederick and Mary's wedding in the press (and on this board) everyone focused on the couple having a child whether or not this immeadiately occurred or not. Media stories and posts had a narrow focus on Mary's stomach waiting to see if she was pregnant or not.

Thus as soon as or if William and Kate tie the knot, the same thing will happen. I do recall that happened with Charles and Diana once they married (of course they were right) but it was like wedding on July 29th...when are you giong to have a baby. Let people enjoy married life first and they will have a baby when it happens. No pressure.

Of course, these two need to get married first.
__________________
.

  #1314  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Melibea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ****, Spain
Posts: 978
Well Tina has talked here
  #1315  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 90
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William and Kate Middleton to have wedding 'just like Diana's'-


This is the latest from the Daily Express !! Believe of it what you will.
  #1316  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,067
This just doesn't seem at all realistic to me. For one thing, Diana's favourite flowers were white lillies, not white roses. And William's bride with bare shoulders? I don't think so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Garnett View Post
  #1317  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,067
Interesting stuff. I suppose that she had to justify her "mistake" somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Well Tina has talked here
  #1318  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,162
So is Tina blaming the pictures she sued over, for the apparent "postponed" engagement?
That woman needs to get her head out of the clouds.
Oh come on, now they are getting desperate, there is no way on earth a wedding like Diana's would fit in with William and Kate.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1319  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Melibea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ****, Spain
Posts: 978
Really I don't understand the article by Tina at all, maybe my grasp of english is worse than I thought , but please can someone give me the reason of why they postponed the supposed engagement? Because I only understand that they postoned it because she sued the journalist, but they knew this before her article, didn't they?

And the story about PW making Kate sue the journalist imo is pure fiction.
  #1320  
Old 06-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Really I don't understand the article by Tina at all, maybe my grasp of english is worse than I thought , but please can someone give me the reason of why they postponed the supposed engagement? Because I only understand that they postoned it because she sued the journalist, but they knew this before her article, didn't they?

And the story about PW making Kate sue the journalist imo is pure fiction.

See there was mostlikley not an engagement to postpone in the first place....it was most likely a false story to sell papers and give us something to post about...TB is just now making up something else to cover her bottom...IMO anyway
__________________

__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
70th birthday celebrations of king carl xvi gustaf ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail fashion poll kate middleton king abdullah and queen rania king abdullah ii king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy nazi new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess charlene princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prinsjesdag queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde visits jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima dresses queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion replica september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats world news


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises