The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I don't, can somebody enlighten me?
I think the joke is that if William waits much longer to propose, he might as well wait until he's an old man. At least that was my interpretation.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I think the joke is that if William waits much longer to propose, he might as well wait until he's an old man. At least that was my interpretation.

Like farther so does the son

Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Nobility

It is very unusual that the relation of a young couple has so much affect on public. The girl who he will get married with will be the representative of a nation and a tradition in the future. It must be very distressing for him.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I would imagine that that would also be difficult, and most distressing, for the woman that he marries, as well... I do not envy them.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I would imagine that that would also be difficult, and most distressing, for the woman that he marries, as well... I do not envy them.
Neither do I, but I especially don't envy whomever will be William's bride/wife. As much as I hate saying it, it's a sad reality she'll be compared to Diana at just about every turn.

I wouldn't wish that kind of pressure on my worst enemy.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

The Palace has probably located the perfect, vestal virgin that William is going to marry-they are just waiting for her to be of a marriageable age

Kate is going to become his mistress, the one he marries after his divorce from (and the subsequent demise of) said virgin. The BRF never learns from their history

By 2013, Waity Kate will be a bigger national joke than she already is
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think calling her Waity Kate is rather insulting and unnecessary and frankly, I don't care if the tabloids call her that or not. We should be better than tabloids. Her name is Kate. That's what we should call her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree with you, SisterM! But isn't her name ... Katherine??
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Nobility

Yes, except it starts with a C, not a K.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Majesty

I agree. Unless someone prefers to be called by a nickname, it's much more respectful to use the person's real name.

The engagement/marriage predictions are getting ridiculous. Some say 2011, some say 2012, some say 2013, and I think that someone suggested 2017. The CrownPrincess 5 was taking the pattern to an absurd and funny conclusion. At least, that's the way I took it.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

LoL. Yes you got it right Mermaid...that's what I meant.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Majesty

It could be both/and rather than either/or. Even if the Middletons are social climbers, that doesn't necessarily mean that William and Kate aren't in love with each other and could marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I have heard too, that they would try Everest to get to their goal.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 AM

So no one knows anything for sure, that much we know for sure! hehe

I guess Team Jecca isn't totally out of the running after all???

Maybe "Willecca" has a chance?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's not right to call her Waity Kaity, but then Catherine has told us personally that she has never been called Kate, until the press started calling her it.
Kate will not be his mistress, and times have moved on, arranged marriages and ones to virgins are gone. William will chose his wife, not parliament, not the BRF. And I think they have learnt from there mistakes. People have suggested that Kate is Williams "Camilla", and if so he's not going to make the mistake of letting her go, and then marrying her when his first marriage fails.
I wish people would stop saying their opinion as fact.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Each love story is different, so why comparing Kate to Camilla?
Allright, now let's see what happens after Victoria's wedding.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Courtier

I don't think Prince William would have invested all these years in a relationahip that he didn't feel would end in marriage. They broke up before, which would have been the time to cut the strings and move on. However, they made the decision to get back together and invest more time into the relationship. So why is he dragging his heels on an engagement? She is 28 years old this year. He may be able to wait until he is well into his 30's or even 40's to get married and have children, however the longer Kate waits to have children, the more difficult it may be for her. They have both invested a lot of time into this relationship to know whether they want to get married by now. The Queen is 84 and Prince Phillip is 90! If he waits another year or two to get engaged, and then another year or two to plan the wedding around royal schedules and career, that would put the put the Queen close to 90 and Phillip close to 95. It seems an awefully big gamble to count on their current health to carry them through the next 4-5 years. Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Prince William hasn´t invested anything. He is royal and if Kate goes he can take his pick. On the other hand the biological clock is ticking for Kate.
It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers and it is a good description of what she has been doing all these years.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers.
That's true, but since we'd like to think we have a higher standard of discourse at TRF compared to what's on offer in the London tabloids, it's best we avoid such nicknames.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
The Palace has probably located the perfect, vestal virgin that William is going to marry-they are just waiting for her to be of a marriageable age

Kate is going to become his mistress, the one he marries after his divorce from (and the subsequent demise of) said virgin. The BRF never learns from their history

By 2013, Waity Kate will be a bigger national joke than she already is
as this is your opinion that is fine...but I think it is a harsh statement...
Old 06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
So why is he dragging his heels on an engagement?
Because he doesn't want to get engaged.