The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Commoner

Even if William had planned to announce his engagement today, it is likely to have been postponed by the events in Cumbria. The Queen and Prince Charles have both been involved in publicly expressing sympathies for that, they can hardly be seen immediately switching to celebrating a public engagement announcement.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think we can safely say, not engagement announcement will come this week.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness people, I woke up at the wee houres of the morning waiting for the announcement. I suppose it is like all "good inside information".........
Old 06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Courtier

How would it even happen...does it get leaked to the press a few hours earlier? Do they pose for photographers? Or is it just a statement to the press from the palace and that's it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Nobility

There goes the reputation of Tina Brown...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
How would it even happen...does it get leaked to the press a few hours earlier? Do they pose for photographers? Or is it just a statement to the press from the palace and that's it.
Did you watch the engagement of Victoria of Sweden?
The press would release the story with the permission of the family, then they would release a statement confirming the story. Then press conference, balcony appearance etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
There goes the reputation of Tina Brown...
What reputation?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Ms Middleton wants a villa on Mustique.
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/20...-mustique.html

Prince Willam's and Ms Middleton's wedding to cost millions.
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Kate-Middle...8-ac8f01df6adc
Old 06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

Tina is the last person I'd trust. On anything really.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Ms Middleton wants a villa on Mustique.
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/20...-mustique.html

Prince Willam's and Ms Middleton's wedding to cost millions.
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Kate-Middle...8-ac8f01df6adc
See? No announcement today, but still... some people have to make a living.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The second article seems uncanily like the other american article published last week.
The fact that Miss Middleton wants a villa is believeable, but i don't think she would buy one.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

BRF engagements tend to be announced to the press who release the information and then there is a photo shoot with some standard type questions.
No real other members of the family present and no balcony or anything like that on engagement day.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Goodness people, I woke up at the wee houres of the morning waiting for the announcement. I suppose it is like all "good inside information".........
i did not believe it. The book of Tina Brown was not good. i have read a lot here, very old threads and it is the same always. I do not think that Kate will be his wive.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Gentry

Sunday Express has front page feature.... "Royals Insist that Kate Middleton keeps her Silence" Can't see any more as yet...as its only the front pages up on Sky website... but wonder if its warning her to say NOTHING to any journalists enquiring about YOU KNOW WHAT....as if she would anyway !!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Kate Middleton 'gagged' by Royals

Kate Middleton is understood to have signed a confidentiality agreement before her anticipated marriage to Prince William to ensure she never sells her story should the couple divorce.

William’s long-term girlfriend is believed to have signed the gagging contract when they briefly broke up in April 2007.

The Sunday Express has learned that royal insiders do not expect them to tie the knot until 2013. Speculation that they plan to marry in 2012 to coincide with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is wide of the mark, according to sources who say Palace staff do not want anything to upstage Her Majesty’s landmark occasion.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
i did not believe it.
The book of Tina Brown was not good.

it is the same always.

I do not think that Kate will be his wive.
I don't think she will be his wife either.

Now the latest Express article says possibly 2013 we may see a wedding? It's just more of the same, "waiting. IMO

Also according to the new article she signed a gag order in 2007 just after the break-up. I guess now if they break up, William is protected, no matter what she can't talk.

Quote:
Express.co.uk: William’s long-term girlfriend is believed to have signed the gagging contract when they briefly broke up in April 2007.
The move was orchestrated by Clarence House to protect the second-in-line to the throne should the relationship not go the distance.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:46 AM

I'm a lukewarm watcher of Kate & Wills myself, but I have to say....... as much as I hope you're right, SarahMay, I have to disagree based on logic. I think Kate will be The One. I don't think William would string her along like this if it was otherwise. I used to think that when they were in college, maybe she played along with the decoy game, but somewhere along the way, they got serious about each other. I can't see either one going along with a sham for this long. They have better things to do with their lives. Don't most friends of the royal family sign these confidentiality agreements? What's the big deal?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Most of the staff sign these confidentiality agreement but I haven't heard of any friends signing one and considering the number of leaks from supposed friends I doubt if just friends had to sign these.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Serene Highness

So you'd have to sign a confidentiality agreement just to be a "friend" of a royal? Hm...that could get very complicated.

Now William and Kate are getting married in 2013? Wasn't it just a few days ago that everyone was expecting an announcement this month? I really think the press knows absolutely nothing more than we, the public, know.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is all bull...maybe now Ms. Brown will concoct another story.....
Old 06-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I really think the press knows absolutely nothing more than we, the public, know.
You are so right that we know nothing and the press know that we know nothing so they feed us with tripe and satisfy us until they are able to invent some other plausible story.
Tina Brown has lost some of her limited credibility after saying 3rd or 4th June this year.

2013 has always seemed a more logical date to me given the state of William's military career and the expectations that would be on Kate immediately after marriage. In addition Philip's 90th birthday is something that the Palace, and particularly the Queen will won't to celebrate, (even if Philip would prefer not to). The Queen wouldn't want the marriage of a grandson to over shadow a chance for the nation to celebrate the man who has been by her side since the beginning of her reign. 2012 was always out due to the Jubilee and the Olympics - the government wouldn't want only one lot of tourists coming in instead of two and people would go for both the Olympics and William's wedding but if in the same year probably not.

I am still not convinced even about 2013 as Willam may very well extend his military career another term making it 2017 or so (I have read that somewhere but can't find the reference now).

Closed Thread