The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love how so many people here can claim that William and Kate don't love each other. I'm curious as to how so many of you came to that determination when you don't know them, don't live with them, don't spend any time with them and only see photos of them the paparazzi snaps. I mean, would you like them to be constantly groping each other and making out in front of cameras to assure you they love each other?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Courtier

The same could be said of you, you can only judge by what you have seen in photographs and have come to the conclusion that other observers are wrong.
If he was madly in love with her he would have followed his father´s example and said that Kate was non negotiable.
He seems to be perfectly satisfied with the status quo, and so does she, and her parents don´t seem to mind, so why not? They don´t have to get married, someday Prince William will have to marry if he wants his line to continue as Kings of England, but he has a brother, just as his grand-uncle David had.
The Duke of Windsor paid dearly to have his own way and I must say, also judging from photographs, notwithstanding he didn´t look as if he was a very happy man at all.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Can I just point out that my use of the statistics was to show that William's nearest and dearest do seem to have a higher divorce rate and failed marriage than would seem normal and he has to be aware of that? He knows that he has to get it right and therefore needs to make sure before committing himself to a woman for 60 or so years. The fact that his relatives get it wrong is something he has lived with and seen the breakdowns, one very painfully. It must be something that has gone through his head at some time. It certainly won't be a deciding factor but it will be there - is she right for me and for this job, because whomever he marries will not only be gaining a husband but a job for life, a job she can't retire from and he has to know she has the staying power to commit to a job that she does until the grave? With the families' track records he also knows that things can go wrong.

As for Elizabeth and Philip the main so called trouble came in the late 50, long after Malta when there were reports of a split but they were denied and when Philip returned from his very long world trip Elizabeth met him in Lisbon and not long afterwards Andrew was conceived. I think this is a true love match and she has never loved anyone else but he most certainly sowed his wild oats in his early 20s (he was in Sydney at times during the war years and my mother, who was the right age, told me some stories that went the rounds then about a different girl each night etc). They still look at each other with love, something only Charles and Camilla seem to do amongst modern royals.

I was simply trying to add another reason for William's caution not trying to say he wouldn't marry at all as a result - although I still suspect that he mightn't marry at all - particularly if Harry or one of the York girls marries and has a child then he knows that the succession is secure into the next generation and will free him from that burden.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I love how so many people here can claim that William and Kate don't love each other. I'm curious as to how so many of you came to that determination when you don't know them, don't live with them, don't spend any time with them and only see photos of them the paparazzi snaps. I mean, would you like them to be constantly groping each other and making out in front of cameras to assure you they love each other?
Everyone has the right to an opinion on how they feel about the couple. Some people have the opinion that they do not love each other, that is speculation and their right to have that opinion.
I say quite frequently that I do not think Kate is the one, i do not know that, I don't claim it because I do not know them, it is just my opinion.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Isn't this the week everything is supposed to happen? We'll see if Tina was on point. Anyway, TRF could use a nice distraction right after Fergie's interview tomorrow...LOL
Old 05-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh Indeed it could, Zembia! It is getting quite boring, IMHO....
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Isn't this the week everything is supposed to happen? We'll see if Tina was on point. Anyway, TRF could use a nice distraction right after Fergie's interview tomorrow...LOL
This will be an interesting week in royal watching. Quite agree zembla.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Serene Highness

William is a mature adult and if he didn't want to marry Kate he wouldn't be playing games with her and dating her for 8 years only to brake up with her, That doesn't mean they will marry, things happen, but I think it is his intention to marry her.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I look forward to an engagement announcement between WIlliam and Kate this week and if it doesn't happen, hopefully this Tina character will have a suitable explanation!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Majesty

I remember reading a story about the false engagement announcement involving Prince Charles and Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg in 1976. The story was floated in order to find out who was leaking confidential royal stories to the papers. I've wondered whether the same is true with the Tina Brown story--if a person suspected of being a "mole" was around conveniently to overhear false information. Ms. Brown seemed to be so definite about the story that it must have come from a very good source. But we'll see this week whether the prediction comes true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, I look forward to an engagement announcement between WIlliam and Kate this week and if it doesn't happen, hopefully this Tina character will have a suitable explanation!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I know that she said that the diaries have been cleared so that there can be an announcement on either the 3rd or 4th (although senior royals and William have engagement on either or both days so the dates obviously weren't blacked out) but ...

did she say it was in 2010 or did she leave the year out?

I know that most of you will think 'What is Iluvbertie on about' but...what if the planned date is 2012 but Brown only heard the dates and not the year she might be partly right - just not yet.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You have a point there Iluvbertie.
I presumed it was this year because in her Daily Beast article she mentions this year election.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Iluvbertie, I understood your point regarding the statistics of the family. It was clear - I just wanted to continue the discussion.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
did she say it was in 2010 or did she leave the year out?
Tina Brown made it quite clear that she was referring to June 2010:
A Date for William and Kate - The Daily Beast
Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You have a point there Iluvbertie.
I presumed it was this year because in her Daily Beast article she mentions this year election.

I couldn't remember the actual article which is why I asked sort of? Along with the idea that if it was announced on 3rd/4th June is say 2013 she could come back and say 'I was right - I never stated the year - just the dates..." but due to the way the article is worded she does obviously mean this week - either Thursday or Friday.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 AM

I love Tina Brown. Not only because she wrote the only Diana book worth reading. But just see what's she done now? She knows what she's doing. Even the cynics, "could it be?" She's got me going, "No way; ain't gonna happen..... or, hmm, well, stranger things have happened...I think!" It's almost as bad as those gambling sites with their odds on William & Kate.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
The Spencer tiara has been used far too much after Diana, as the Earl is on his what 3rd wife??? Plus I have to agree Kate has no business wearing that tiara as she might be marring a Windsor ...by name. and a Spencer by blood as well I feel ..if she has to wear some token of Diana maybe a piece of jewlery or a pin for the wedding day ...I still say they should open vault and pick something that has not been seen on at least this Queen or the Queen mother

http://www.royalexhibitions.co.uk/im...mond-tiara.jpg

Honeysuckle tiara owned by Queen Mary..... sorry my first pic did not show up....
Just a small correction - the Honeysuckle tiara is owned by the Gloucesters - so no way here.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
If you can't, you could explain what is on them that gave you a not-so-good impression of Kate. Maybe one of us has seen the video?
It's not that I don't like her. It's just that in the videos I didn't like her attitude. I watched the videos over a year ago so I don't really remember them word for word. But I remember wondering if she really loves William for William and if she's genuinely a nice person. She may be a saint, but I don't think she's the one for him. I don't know why, I just do.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
William is a mature adult and if he didn't want to marry Kate he wouldn't be playing games with her and dating her for 8 years only to brake up with her, That doesn't mean they will marry, things happen, but I think it is his intention to marry her.
How comforting to know that mature adult men do not play games with women and would never string one along for 8 years. I hope that Dr Phil reads this.
I believe that William finds it very comforting to have a very attractive young lady hanging on his arm when he goes clubbing or on holiday and how this makes him the envy of his friends. Marriage? Something quite separate. But of course it is only a few days to THE day the announcement is to be made, so we haven´t that long to wait to see if Tina Brown is right or wrong.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well the moment of truth is in 2 days. Tomorrow is the 3rd. Hold your breaths! lol

Closed Thread