William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you the truth, I don't think either of the girls are "the one".
There's a girl out there for Harry (other than Chelsea).

I am also with you on that. If two people work together than they should be able to withstand time a part or career changes etc. without the whole relationship becoming in jeopardy.

Marriage is a serious decision The Prince of Wales must listen to his heart

You're mistaken. Charles, his father, married Camilla

William of Wales is single:wub:

You're mistaken. Charles, his father, married Camilla

William of Wales is single:wub:
Prince William of Wales is not single, he is in a relationship and he is not The Prince of Wales which is his fathers title.
Charles is The Prince of Wales, and he is married to Camilla, who is the official Princess of Wales.
So Wisteria is right.

Now I understand what Wisteria said

But you're mistaken, unless you're married you're single William is in a relationship with a girl but what happens tomorrow no one can tell

Why do people read so hard into things??
I think Anne83 means that William, not Charles, is single because he's in a relationship, but he's not married yet. So he's still kind of up for grabs.
Which is like saying he's "single".

Exactly, Crown Princess People are considered single unless they're married or engaged

Lets hope the relationship of William and Kate progresses smoothly and quickly to what is right for them as a couple and for the future roles.

really???? i always backed away when I realized the guy was in a relationship.....;)
will change my approach now....:)

Why do people read so hard into things??
I think Anne83 means that William, not Charles, is single because he's in a relationship, but he's not married yet. So he's still kind of up for grabs.
Which is like saying he's "single".

Really?
I thought that you were single, if you were not in a relationship, not married or engaged. Well that's what I always thought it was.

Really?
I thought that you were single, if you were not in a relationship, not married or engaged. Well that's what I always thought it was.

I have always assumed that single meant not married, divorced or widowed - as they are the only categories that appear on legal documents.

What category would you put William in on a census that asked marital status and gave the following options only: single, married, divorced, widowed?

Single covers those who aren't married and never have been so yes both William and Kate are single.

Now we've got the definitions out of the way, let's move on. :)

I'm sure these young princes will do exactly as they please, just like their father did.

When couples in relationships breakup and then get back together again, it always sends a message that something was not totally right with the relationship from the beginning. Even with Harry too, his girl ends up breaking up so she can pursue her career... just not strong footing it appears.

If it's just one break-up, I can see where it could show a couple how much they mean to each other. But ongoing breaking up and getting back together, I agree, is bad news.

When couples in relationships breakup and then get back together again, it always sends a message that something was not totally right with the relationship from the beginning. Even with Harry too, his girl ends up breaking up so she can pursue her career... just not strong footing it appears.

I think William wont marry until he's done with his training in Wales which is suppose to last 3 years. I think it'll be a good time for them to experience what married life will be like and if they really want to spend the rest of their lives together. Those 3 years will be a test run, so to say so that they can really see if they're meant to be. If they last the three years then I would say they're ready to be married, if they want. I definitely don't see William getting married until he's 100% certain he's ready.

How many times have they broken up?

Depends on who you ask. Supporters of this couple say they only split in 2007 for either a few days or a few weeks. Opponents of the couple would tell you they've broken up three or four times since they first began dating.

I think William wont marry until he's done with his training in Wales which is suppose to last 3 years. I think it'll be a good time for them to experience what married life will be like and if they really want to spend the rest of their lives together. Those 3 years will be a test run, so to say so that they can really see if they're meant to be. If they last the three years then I would say they're ready to be married, if they want. I definitely don't see William getting married until he's 100% certain he's ready.

But wouldn't being in a 7 year relationship, living together in university, and going through so much together make William want to marry Kate? If the guy is still unsure to this day, then I say he should call off the relationship. Having gone through what I already mentioned would be enough to make up his mind.

But wouldn't being in a 7 year relationship, living together in university, and going through so much together make William want to marry Kate? If the guy is still unsure to this day, then I say he should call off the relationship. Having gone through what I already mentioned would be enough to make up his mind.

That's what I say. Nothing's wrong with them waiting but IMO if Will knows in his heart that he probably won't marry her then he should call it off. It wouldn't be right to drag it on. Or maybe he just doesn't know what he wants yet. I think Will watched his dad and he doesn't want to make the same mistakes.

The thing is that they can live together without getting married.
I remember when Sophie and Edward were staying at Buckingham Palace and it was made a big deal of that they had separate apartments and even before Charles and Diana married you remember the big ruckus about
the press saying they saw a blonde woman leaving the royal train at night, hinting that it was Diana.
I believe the Church of England does not condon living together before marriage, although I know it is common today.
Personally myself and my faith does not believe in it as well.

I don't think its really so much that he doesn't want to get married or be married but more so keeping it simple until he's done with his training and the both of them are ready to take up royal duties and being in the royal fishbowl. Once Kate marries William, she'll be expected to do duties and they want to be themselves a while before that happens.

I don't think its really so much that he doesn't want to get married or be married but more so keeping it simple until he's done with his training and the both of them are ready to take up royal duties and being in the royal fishbowl. Once Kate marries William, she'll be expected to do duties and they want to be themselves a while before that happens.

I don't think he will marry when he finishes training - in September this year, but more when he finishes his service - in 2013 or even 2017 if he extends his military career.

I do think he would like to extend it as long as possible as that means he can avoid doing full time royal duties.

I don't see him marrying until then as I don't think he wants his wife creating a profile for herself as a royal wife without him around and once married she would be expected to be a full time royal even if he isn't.

I don't think he will marry when he finishes training - in September this year, but more when he finishes his service - in 2013 or even 2017 if he extends his military career.

Ooops.. that's what I meant... his service.. not his training. I think the only way they'd get married before this is if they wanted to start a family.

I do think he would like to extend it as long as possible as that means he can avoid doing full time royal duties.

I don't see it as avoiding full time duties but rather realizing that right now there's not really the need. Charles was under pressure as he was the heir. With Charles and Camilla, Andrew, Anne, and Edward and Sophie, there are plenty of available royals to do the major work. William knows his time will come and he can have a more private life for a while longer.

I don't see him marrying until then as I don't think he wants his wife creating a profile for herself as a royal wife without him around and once married she would be expected to be a full time royal even if he isn't.

Exactly. When they go into public duties they will do it together as a couple like Edward and Sophie did. I think too that after they do marry, they will be very private people and just want to start raising a family with doing duties together but not full time.

Then again they could surprise us and announce an engagement tomorrow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom