The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:13 PM

^Hey, it might still be a publicity stunt. Katie could be using Tina's dates speculation to get word of her own book's release out there. "Will W&K announce engagement? Oh by the way, read about the royal brothers and find out their deepest secrets: Out this week in local bookstores."

Seriously, if it does turn out true this week, I doubt anyone would be more surprised than me. But sometimes there is a grain of truth and maybe the precise dates aren't exactly so. I'm not all warm and fuzzy about W&K but I don't dislike them for any reason. I think they are a very strange couple, but I just figure they have their strange ways that work for them. I always preferred Jecca..... but I'm not a sore loser.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I wish William would/will date a few more girls before he settles down.
I feel the same way. I don't like how he's been tied down to one girl for so long. He really should date more.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I feel the same way. I don't like how he's been tied down to one girl for so long. He really should date more.
Well, in some articles was said that Will dated 2 girls for sure before Kate and was rumours about another ones. What do you want from him? Sorry but not everybody needs to be available as public toilet before wedding.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
Well, in some articles was said that Will dated 2 girls for sure before Kate and was rumours about another ones. What do you want from him? Sorry but not everybody needs to be available as public toilet before wedding.
I want him not to be pressured into marrying Kate just because he has dated her for 8 years.
What a crude, un-neccesary example you use.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Public toilet?? Seriously, that was really not needed. I don't want anything from him. I'm not saying he should date whatever walks, but I'm saying he should meet more people. I don't know much about Will before Kate so I'm going by what I know now. Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think she's the one for him. So I'm saying he should unhinge himself from Kate and see who else he can meet. I'm rather traditional so I'm not talking about testing everything, but broadening his horizons.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Nobility

I'm sorry but when I hear that some guy advise to his male friend: you need to date with more girls, it means (he told that - before you wed, have sex with as many women as possible). For me, public toilet is good example then.

But back to Will and Kate. Will is in better situation that Charles. No one says that he must be with Kate. If they are so long together that means something. He dates for example Arabella for some times and they split up. Not good one. With Kate is so long, that must be love.

I have no opinion about her, becouse I don't know her and I hear about her only in media. Maybe she lovely person, more nice than Will. I don't understand why people so many times think that royals are so good, lovely etc. and this "secong person" are bad, interested in money or titles etc.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As far as I know he never dated anyone seriously before Kate. Whose Arabella?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But back to Will and Kate. Will is in better situation that Charles. No one says that he must be with Kate. If they are so long together that means something. He dates for example Arabella for some times and they split up. Not good one. With Kate is so long, that must be love.

I have no opinion about her, becouse I don't know her and I hear about her only in media. Maybe she lovely person, more nice than Will. I don't understand why people so many times think that royals are so good, lovely etc. and this "secong person" are bad, interested in money or titles etc.
Not nessesarily. Oftentimes couples stay together because they're used to one another and they don't feel like building another relationship. Or because it's expected of them.

Kate may be a nice person, but I've seen some videos of her and I really do not like her attitude.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Date seriously? it's depends on what we expect from dating seriously. Media suggest mamy girls, even 5 or 6, but short relationship, for one summer or sth. But Arabella Musgrave was mention many times, she dates Will before university. Her father was owner of polo club and knows princes Charles, Will, Harry and other royals.

Here Arabella with lord Frederick:

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/2...I_nI5sx4Tm.jpg
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Courtier

i think, if he marries kate, he will regret not dating more girls. Honestly, just 2/3 wont harm him, infact it will make him grow and realize what he wants and what he doesn't want in a relationship and a woman. i know more than a few people who have dated one person and married them and then realized ti just a few years later, and just wanted out. so i think its healthy for him to date around, and for /kate as well. Even she has been committed for the lats so many years, don't know why we leave her out:)
Old 05-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Courtier

oh did katie say they are getting engaged on the date her book comes out? when is that?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post

Kate may be a nice person, but I've seen some videos of her and I really do not like her attitude.
Which videos? Not those on YouTube made up by obsessive haters, I hope.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that William realises just how much like his father he is and also realises that his father meet 'the one' in his early 20s but let her slip through his fingers on the advice of many people and then ended up with the disaster of a marriage to Diana. I therefore suspect that William is scared of letting Kate go and repeating his father's mistake.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Which videos? Not those on YouTube made up by obsessive haters, I hope.
No not YouTube. If I find any of the videos I'll post them.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Commoner

I think it would do William a world of good to date other women and see what's out there before he settles with someone. I don't know how many men Kate dated before him, but I highly doubt she would go out with anyone if William decided he wanted to date others beside her. She just seems like the type that will just wait forever. If it's truly love, then it will withstand him seeing others. I have my personal opinions about it all, but I won't post them here because I don't want to get nailed by those that disagree. I think James Whittaker made the comment that Kate wants to be the Princess of Wales and she will do just about anything to get it. I totally agree with him on that point, whether others do or not.
This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming on sea and continents and island, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. -John Muir
Old 05-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I have never heard/read any articles about him dating anyone other than Kate.
Only Jecca, who was officially confirmed as not his girlfriend.
The only girl that i thought of was Isabella anstruther-gough-calthorpe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ng-armour.html

At the bottom of this article.

Quote:
* We may have to wait a little longer for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding, according to the Queen’s Master of Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.

Sir Peter, 75, who will be commissioned to write music for the ceremony, has not been given notice to start work by the Queen.
‘I have attended various recent meetings at the Palace concerned with forward planning and there has been no mention of any wedding,’ he says.

Royal commentator Tina Brown’s prediction that the couple would announce their marriage this Thursday now sounds a little optimistic.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I want him not to be pressured into marrying Kate just because he has dated her for 8 years.
What a crude, un-neccesary example you use.
If they have being dating for 8 years and have yet to marry then you can hardly say that they are feeling any pressured to do so. This isn't exactly the situation Charles found himself in where the media (and others) convinced him marrying her was a good idea. The press have being pushing for a wedding between William and Kate since 2005 and so far they have got nothing from them. If they do get married it I believe it will be because they choose to and not because anyone else thinks it is a good idea.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think that William realises just how much like his father he is and also realises that his father meet 'the one' in his early 20s but let her slip through his fingers on the advice of many people and then ended up with the disaster of a marriage to Diana. I therefore suspect that William is scared of letting Kate go and repeating his father's mistake.

I agree. Charles could has many girls and will marry lovely, beauty Diana. All people was happy, except him. Now maybe is the same (but I don't know it for sure): people say: date somebody else, we don't want Kate like no one want Camilla. Charles waited so long to be happy, Will doesn't want waste any time. There the question: marry sb who people will be loved or marry sb who you want to marry.

I think Kate should show more character. Maybe people will like her then. But I have strange feelings that palace is happy when she's so boring, quiet etc. Why she doesn't take part in this charity sport event? She was captain on this boat or sth? If she wasn't under pressure she could show us something more. Now she sits and waits, eventually she safety works for family firm.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I think Kate should show more character. Maybe people will like her then. But I have strange feelings that palace is happy when she's so boring, quiet etc. Why she doesn't take part in this charity sport event? She was captain on this boat or sth? If she wasn't under pressure she could show us something more. Now she sits and waits, eventually she safety works for family firm.
I think you make a very good point here. She's keeping a low profile and staying "under the radar" as much as possible which we've seen over the years with the press isn't a very easy thing to do. Over the years I'm sure she's become quite familiar with William's feelings about the press and being constantly watched through the fishbowl and I think perhaps that is one reason the both of them have put off marriage. I don't see her really in the "Waity Katy" role but a woman that knows her man and the life she'll eventually lead with him. They are both enjoying this time where they CAN be just Wills and Kate and not HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Princess William of Wales.

I would imagine too that perhaps Camilla would be a very good person to give Kate a few pointers on how to stay low and be discreet.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What is she supposed to do to show more character?
This charity sport event, if you mean the marathon, is organised by one of Williams very close female friends, something he himself is rumoured not to be participating in.

Kate pulled out of the charity boat race event at the last minute.
If she does more charity events, more public events it will be picked up by the press and the gossip wheels will start turning in the form of engagement stories.