The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
Why wait 3 or 4 years? If your in love get married.
One poster on another royal forum made an good point as to why William and Kate have yet to tie the knot. Once they do, they lose whatever privacy they do have, they will be thrust more into the limelight than they are already, Kate will have the whole nation and the press demanding her to have a pregnancy, William will have to do more royal duties and Kate will be doing them with him so there's a change in her lifestyle right there.

What I am trying to say is that their whole lives will change once they marry. As that poster pointed out, they are on the honeymoon phase of their relationship now where no one could tell them what to do. Once they do marry, their freedom and independence will go out the window.

Also, it is not uncommon for 20 somethings to wait many years before getting married. I have friends who waited several years before settling down.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
Why wait 3 or 4 years? If your in love get married.

For ordinary people yes but for William the expectations are different. His wife will be expected to start a brand new job immediately - being a full-time working royal. She will also be expected to start a family immediately. That is why I believe they will wait until William has finished in the air force so that he can support Kate (or whomever) when the time comes and be there for the child/ren as they grow.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Commoner

If they get married, it will make few months after the announcement
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I also don't think he's going to get married until 2014 onwards.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he gets married after 30. That seems to make more sense to me. I don't see why they would get engaged now at such a young age. If they are truly in love, then I don't see a problem with it, but golly he's only what 27?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

28 next month, so yeah.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Majesty

The reason why there has been a lot of discussion this year is that supposedly in an bar or something in 2005 he said that he wouldn't be marrying until he ws 28 and now that he is approaching that age people are remembering that comment.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well no wonder! People like William, in this kind of position, really have to be careful about what they say. I think I remember him saying something along those lines. So it's now 2010 and he's supposedly suppose to act upon it. What if he changed the plan to 30? For some reason, I hope he does.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I for one, Certainly hopes he does as well! Good grief, how long is this going to be going on?? Bo-ring...
Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Majesty

It will go on until William is ready to marry, assuming he ever does.
Yes it is boring for us but he is a human being and also has the right not to be pressued into something to provide entertainment for the masses - look where that sort of thing (pressure to get married) got his father.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed. Perhaps he is not going to be married and I hope he doesn't give in to the pressure. I am not entertained, that is for certain! :)
Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is boring. I wish the press would talk about something else. The sad part is they will never stop. If Will and Kate do become engaged, the press will be hounding them until the wedding, then hounding them to have children, then hounding their children, then hounding the children to get engaged, then hounding the children to marry, then hounding their childrens children ...... It's exhausting! It must put a lot of stress on them as a couple. I do hope Kate really loves William, because anyone woman who marries into that will certainly need love and The Almighty.

They should keep us updated with their current events, but other than that, they should butt of their business. Let them be a couple and when the time is right they'll make the decision to part ways or marry.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well said, CP5!!! Now, if Only we could convince the press...
Old 05-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William isn't an ordinary person, every single royal will suffer the press. Someone countries have better relations with their press, such as Denmark, Prince Frederik, his wife and children don't really get invasively photographed.
Of course they will hound their children, the children and grandchild will be Kings/Queens aswell. Attention will always be directed on them.
The pair realise this, they have to realise this. The press do keep us updated on their current events, when they photograph them out and about.
Just because they publish gossip stories about their apparent engagement, might not affect the pair at all. It may do, but it shouldn't, they know whats happening, they know how they feel, it's gossip.
There haven't been any engagament stories in a long while, the main stories in the UK are the BA strike, stolen parents, murder of the family in Pakistan.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Majesty

This week in Australia both New Idea and Women's Day ran the same story that Harry will marry before William and possibly even announce this year to marry before returning to Afghanistan.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

And?
I have always thought Harry would marry before William, but i disagree this year.
Is this in reference to my "there haven't been any engagement stories in a long while"
I was referring to UK newspapers.

Are the articles in the actual magazine because i cannot find them on the website.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Well said, CP5!!! Now, if Only we could convince the press...
Oh they will just drag it out again to sell a paper. You know the press. . .
Old 05-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

...And the people who reward the papers by buying them when they print invasive or speculative stories.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, Indeed, Mermaid!! Fey on those that buy such garbage... :)
Old 05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Discussion of the about-to-be-released "William and Harry" by Katie Nicholl can be found in this thread in the Royal Library.