The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Okay first things first. Kate Middleton is not Princess Diana. She has proved herself pretty capable of dealing with both the press and royal country life.
She wouldn't stay at her family home, she would live with William.
Yes maybe three or four months for souveniers and travel plans, but that isn't as some people suggested a week before the wedding.
Kate would at least need six months training before hand.
I think a big royal wedding of this size would need 6 months. Charles and Diana had six months, Edward and Sophie had six months.
Yes some marriages have been in the winter, such as The Queen and Prince Phillip or Anne and Mark Phillips but i don't see this happening for Kate and William.
I don't see why if they are already promised, they don't announced the engagement and get married. What stopping them?
William can't say it's his mother, cause if he is supposedly already engaged, he's had the confidence to do that, so why not marry?
Kate can't say it's for fear of the press, because what can they do to her when they know she is engaged to a royal?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Were Diana alive, she would be NUMBER 1 on that list, and Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot on that!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Without a doubt, Russo!

My right hand is still stuck on red...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Traditionally royals marry after a six month engagement. Sometimes it's longer. It wouldn't be a year, that would be too long to wait.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I do think that the couple are already promised to each other except the vows.
Wow that's a really big statement to say. If you are right, it would be silly to keep it this long, but not impossible. Both Victoria and Madeleine were engaged a few months before they came public with their engagements. So it could be a possibity, but I hope it's not.

What the deal with them getting married in 6 months? I would think it would be at least a year before they actually tie the knot.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Okay first things first. Kate Middleton is not Princess Diana. She has proved herself pretty capable of dealing with both the press and royal country life.
Agreed on that.

Quote:
She wouldn't stay at her family home, she would live with William.
I think she is with him a lot now, but the press would be out in force by their home near base and that would make their live miserable and maybe the town and base.She would be better off with the press hounding her at her parent's house. I think their home has fencing around it.

Quote:
Kate would at least need six months training before hand.
I don't think so. Princess Diana claimed she did not have any training. She said she learned on the job.

Quote:
I think a big royal wedding of this size would need 6 months. Charles and Diana had six months, Edward and Sophie had six months.
Yes some marriages have been in the winter, such as The Queen and Prince Phillip or Anne and Mark Phillips but i don't see this happening for Kate and William.
If they are engaged the palace machine is already working and just maybe Ms Brown got some news.

Quote:
I don't see why if they are already promised, they don't announced the engagement and get married. What stopping them?
William can't say it's his mother, cause if he is supposedly already engaged, he's had the confidence to do that, so why not marry?
Kate can't say it's for fear of the press, because what can they do to her when they know she is engaged to a royal?
The Press coming out in force is probably what is stopping them from publicly coming out earlier than planned.

Why not be married yet. He is not finish with his training. He will be later this year and starting his work. That would be a better time to start married life. And it might be in a remount part of Great Britain, so the press would not be so intrusive on them.

What can the press do to her. If she like the press following her around ever where, she would have stayed in her London home. Can you imagine what her life is going to be like when they announce the engagement. The press wants another cash cow like Diana, Princess of Wales.Her every move will be photography

Guys I am not sure, but Tina Brown's reputation as journalist and author in the United States and Britain will be judged from her statement on this engagement announcement. I am believing her because the did a well research book on Princess Diana. And she worked in journalism in Great Britain, so she does have connections. I will not rule out an announcement even later for a wedding in the fall/winter. But my woman's instinct tells me Ms Middleton is the future Mrs. Wales and queen.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Courtier

I don't think anyone knows when William and Kate are going to get married except William and Kate, and maybe whoever they've chosen to tell. I wouldn't even believe the most high-placed journalist.

I'm pretty tired of all the rumours about their engagement, to be honest. A couple of days my mom said that she saw on the news that one of Charles' sons was getting married (I'm sure it was William!) It's gotten to the point where the press is reporting on engagement gossip as though it were actual news. William and Kate among all the royals have never grabbed my interest as a couple, so I can't say I care either way whether they marry or not. But I think that if they do intend to get married any time soon, the press speculation alone would cause them to have second thoughts.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Courtier

everyone else is on that list for who they are, so far, from the list I've seen, it seems only kate is on it by asociation (ofcourse for who she is as well, but you know what i mean. More for being his girlfriend, and not just for being KATE). For eg Dame Helen, Jamie Oliver, these are all there for their professional accomplishments, not significant others.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Were Diana alive, she would be NUMBER 1 on that list, and Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot on that!
You are assuming that Diana would have been the same one that died in August/97- I think it would have depended on what she had done in the meantime. But yes she would have been prominent on the list.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah! But we all know how very clever Diana was. I'd bet she'd take a look at that list and do a show stopper something or other to be number 1.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Gentry

When William married, will be VERY, VERY BIG, whether it be with Kate or not, to be announced now or in ten years.

Do not forget that William - since the death of Diana - is aka the "SALVATION OF THE MONARCHY"

And at least since the death of Diana, Charles's friends are much more reliable, on what is/will happen with William & Harry than any other journalist, watcher royal, columnists together.

About the reliability of Tina Brown, with all respect, in my opinion until Paul Burrell knows better than her palace sources.

Paul Burrel is pissed off with the Windsors & Spencers? Yes! And Diana & her sons paid the price.

PS.Tina Brown was not fired from Vanity Fair?
PS.Could anyone tell me which scoop Miss Brown got when Diana was alive? Or something after her death or related to the boys?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
PS.Tina Brown was not fired from Vanity Fair?
PS.Could anyone tell me which scoop Miss Brown got when Diana was alive? Or something after her death or related to the boys?
Ms. Brown made Vanity Fair very profitable and was not fired.

She met Diana, Princess of Wales when she was alive. If you read her biography on Princess Diana that to many years to research there is a lot about the Wales.

Currently Ms. Brown is writing another biography and I think this is the direction her journalist live is going. I don't think she would speak out about a royal engagement unless she knew something. Because what credibility would she have in writing famous people's biographies if she gives out wrong information.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Sky News:

A spokesperson from Clarence House told Sky News the latest claims were "nonsense" and added: "It's nothing new, and there's nothing to it."

Buckingham Palace has also denied that it has "cleared its diary

A senior Royal aide also said William would be training at RAF Valley and at an official engagement on those days.
Prince William And Kate Middleton To Get Engaged In June According To Royal Writer Tina Brown | UK News | Sky News
Old 05-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Princess Diana claimed she did not have any training. She said she learned on the job.
Oh yes, but Diana was telling fibs on that one. The Queen's Private Secretary had quite a different story to tell.

It's not difficult to imagine that if the relationship is heading to the next logical step, Charles and the various advisers would have had discussions with Kate about a whole range of issues. Chances are she's been in unofficial Princess School for some time now, just as William will have been in unofficial Future-Heir-to-the-Throne School quite separate from his military studies and duties.

I'd expect that not only the Queen, but Charles and William too, would today be very conversant with the Sovereign's perogatives and the conventions and procedures to be followed when faced with an election outcome that resulted in no party having a majority in the House of Commons. It's been the perfect opportunity for some "in-house" training.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think she is with him a lot now, but the press would be out in force by their home near base and that would make their live miserable and maybe the town and base.She would be better off with the press hounding her at her parent's house. I think their home has fencing around it.
So is she suppose to stay at her family home for the rest of her life. Because the press are always going to be at their house. She needs to get used to it. She will move into the palace, just like every other royal spouse has.
Quote:
I don't think so. Princess Diana claimed she did not have any training. She said she learned on the job.
The word there being claimed, she wouldn't of learnt on the job, she would've made a fool of herself a number of times. As Warren said, the Queens PS had a different story to tell.
Quote:
If they are engaged the palace machine is already working and just maybe Ms Brown got some news.
If Tina Brown, knew the world would know. I don't see why they would keep it a secret, the public are paying for this, they should know about it.
Quote:
The Press coming out in force is probably what is stopping them from publicly coming out earlier than planned.
Whenever they get engaged, the press will come out in force, get it over and done with. I'd of thought the royal family would've wanted to boost the countries moral with this wedding.
Quote:
Why not be married yet. He is not finish with his training. He will be later this year and starting his work. That would be a better time to start married life. And it might be in a remount part of Great Britain, so the press would not be so intrusive on them.
Then why get engaged, if they don't want to be married. A long engagement is stupid, he won't finish traning for another four years.

Quote:
What can the press do to her. If she like the press following her around ever where, she would have stayed in her London home. Can you imagine what her life is going to be like when they announce the engagement. The press wants another cash cow like Diana, Princess of Wales.Her every move will be photography
And? I'm sure realises this, and what can she do about it? She will have royal security, and she will be able to make deals with the press. More than she can do now.
Quote:
Guys I am not sure, but Tina Brown's reputation as journalist and author in the United States and Britain will be judged from her statement on this engagement announcement. I am believing her because the did a well research book on Princess Diana. And she worked in journalism in Great Britain, so she does have connections. I will not rule out an announcement even later for a wedding in the fall/winter. But my woman's instinct tells me Ms Middleton is the future Mrs. Wales and queen.
Tina Brown did a well researched book on the Princess, cause she was friends with her. Doesn't mean she knows anything about the Princes' at all. To me it's just gossip, she wants to sell a story and be the "cash cow".
My instinct tells me they will marry, but they will announce the engagment when they are engaged and it will take 6 months before the wedding.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
When William married, will be VERY, VERY BIG, whether it be with Kate or not, to be announced now or in ten years.
I tend to disagree here. It will be on the grand scale befitting the heir to the heir but I do think it will be very much scaled down from what happened with the fairy tale wedding of the century of Charles and Diana. I don't see as much pomp and circumstance because not only of economic reasons.. I see Kate and Wills as the more "keeping it simple" kind. WE might really want a big big wedding that we can watch and drool over (trust me.. I'm one of them.. I was glued to the TV set for hours when Charles and Diana married) but I don't see this happening with Wills and Kate. The media of course will play on every detail.. the teacups and towels will be sold but I do think Will and Kate will keep it as simple as they can.

Just my tuppence worth.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Ok.. another sixpence for her shoe for this opinion of mine.

As I think I've stated a few times before... they've been together what... 8 years now.. off and on.. and still going strong. Anyone that has dated a royal heir to the heir after 8 years should KNOW what his life ahead is about.. and I'm sure Kate is very well aware of this. Can you imagine the newsfeeds if it ever came out that she totally enjoyed being the "waity katy"? Kate: "it was a time I treasured the most, we were able to just enjoy each other like most people do when they're in love". OK.. that's total fiction but.. I see it that once they do announce their engagement.. she's thrust into the limelight as a pre royal... much like Diana was. things will not be the same again. I do see them announcing the engagement and marrying and then living in Wales where Wills in training...

The bright side of this... with a royal wedding between these two.. they both know what they're in for.. and prepared to head into it together.. that's the big difference between a fairy tale and a romantic wedding.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So is she suppose to stay at her family home for the rest of her life. Because the press are always going to be at their house. She needs to get used to it. She will move into the palace, just like every other royal spouse has.
I think the royals are different for this generation. Some of the younger generation of European royals are living together while engaged. Didn't Princess Anne son live with his fiancee before marriage?

Quote:
The word there being claimed, she wouldn't of learnt on the job, she would've made a fool of herself a number of times. As warren said, the Queens PS had a different story to tell.
I have read about what both sides have said on this issue. I do believe the Queen's lady in waiting did help her with the basics. I read after the wedding Prince Charles really wanted his private secretary to help Princess Diana because she did act very royally to the Sadats when she met them on their honeymoon.

Quote:
If Tina Brown, knew the world would know. I don't see why they would keep it a secret, the public are paying for this, they should know about it.
The royal family will do what is best for Prince William and not the public

Quote:
Whenever they get engaged, the press will come out in force, get it over and done with. I'd of thought the royal family would've wanted to boost the countries moral with this wedding.
When Prince William went to Australia he had so much press coverage I thought he was King already. When he announces his engagement the PRESS will no be done with the Prince and Ms. Middleton I am afraid.

Quote:
Then why get engaged, if they don't want to be married. A long engagement is stupid, he won't finish traning for another four years.
Ms Brown claims the timing would fit around William's RAF commitments for 2011 when he is due to start a three-year tour of duty as a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot. I think this means he will be earning a living.

Quote:
Tina Brown did a well researched book on the Princess, cause she was friends with her. Doesn't mean she knows anything about the Princes' at all. To me it's just gossip, she wants to sell a story and be the "cash cow".
My instinct tells me they will marry, but they will announce the engagment when they are engaged and it will take 6 months before the wedding.
Mrs Brown made her statement on a blog. I don't think she gets paid. I think we both have to disagree to agree. But from you post you do agree with me about Ms. Middleton being the one.
So really that is the major part of the whole relationship, engagement and wedding. And only Prince William and Ms Middleton now for sure when it all will happen.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Until there's an actual Official engagement, I'll take Clarence House word on the matter that it's "nonsense."
Old 05-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad to finally see the royal court saying something! But this is almost like a game and I don't know who to believe.