The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
There are so many outsiders one wonders if there is anyone left on the outside.
Russophile did you call it Twister? Is that what they call it now. Interesting.
All these rubbish news stories are twisting my mind round the bend if that counts as twister?

Old 05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes all of these rumors are annoying, but I can't get the fact out of my head that half of the time there is "some" truth to the situation. But I would like to know what the truth part is!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with you on that, CP5! I think we would All like to know the truth... :)
Old 05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I have to agree with you on that, CP5! I think we would All like to know the truth... :)
Udyusa, left foot yellow. Got it?

Unfortunately, we will know when HM wants us to know. . .
Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Right hand Big blue dot, and now left foot yellow. Right on!

I understand now that we will have to wait until HM is ready to grace us with her knowledge... Thank you, Russo.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Well you know Kate made the 100 British Celebrities that really matter. She's number 20.

The 100 British celebrities who really matter by Piers Morgan (30 to 11) | Mail Online

Left foot Green, ladies. . . .
Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Majesty

What a sad day for royalty when the girlfriend of the 2nd in line to the throne is classed as a celebrity with football players such as Wayne Rooney and a host of others who will be here today and gone tomorrow. The BRF has truly lost their way in being something special IMO and this is further proof of it.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't doubt that there are those who would prefer Miss Middleton to be gone tomorrow..
Old 05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What a sad day for royalty...
Oh cheer up, it's a Piers Morgan tongue in cheek look at modern British celebrity. A bit of humour - that's OK, with some serious observations reserved for the more important. Anyway, Kate is flanked by Tony Blair and Sir Elton John on one side, and Prince Harry and Daniel Craig on the other. Never fear, she's well protected from the WAGS and scrags.

Here's part of what Piers Morgan has to say about Kate Middleton:

I've never met her, but my sister has (her husband trained William and Harry at Sandhurst), and says she's a lovely girl - down-to-earth and very friendly. goes about the incredibly difficult task of being the girlfriend of our future monarch with remarkably good grace. I hope William marries her, because there aren't many women around who can replace Kate and do such a good job.

But if they do head down the aisle, then she will matter more than any other woman on this list, because she'll one day be Queen. And that will afford her a bit of clout.

And Harry:

I was just starting to really like Harry and then Amanda Holden told me how he'd come up to her at some function and asked, 'Is Piers Morgan as big a prat in real life as he is on Britain's Got Talent?'
But, to be serious, I think he's maturing into a thoroughly decent young man. I watched him in action at a recent military awards ceremony, and he was wonderfully warm and natural with a group of mothers who had lost their sons in action - hugging each one on stage.

My brother-in-law, then an Army colonel, trained both William and Harry at Sandhurst military academy and said they were both excellent soldiers, but more importantly perhaps, excellent down-to-earth chaps who mucked in with everyone else, asked for no favours and worked hard.

° ° °

There, an enjoyable read with a fair amount of insight, no harm done, and certainly no reason to decare it "a sad day for royalty."

Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What a sad day for royalty when the girlfriend of the 2nd in line to the throne is classed as a celebrity with football players such as Wayne Rooney and a host of others who will be here today and gone tomorrow. The BRF has truly lost their way in being something special IMO and this is further proof of it.
I see what you mean though. Since when is the girlfriend of a prince a celebrity? If William were to cut ties with her she'd be forgotten in 3 months.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He has cut ties with her before and she wasn't forgotten.
What else is she suppose to be known as?
William and Harry have both made it on that list, and as I do not personally class them as celebrities, but some people might.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Administrator

The opening paragraph of Piers Morgan's article states:
There are thousands of 'celebrities' in Britain. By which I mean there are a lot of famous people.

Note his use of the inverted commas.

So if the term "celebrity" seems too populist or low-brow, merely substitute "famous person" and we're all on the same track.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Courtier

He has cut ties with her before! CrownP said 3 months and she would be forgotten, did the "cutting off" go on for more than 3 months? It seemed like less, so this probably didn´t count.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Courtier

She won't be forgotten unless she really wants to, and even then, the people will remember her. It happens with P. Felipe's girlfriends even now they appear on magazines, especially Hello.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I meant if he really was to cut her off and start dating someone else, or even marry someone else, she would be forgotten. The attention will be on her for awhile, but then it would turn to the "new girl". I do think Will and Harry are celebrities in their own way. The word "celebrity" is different for everyone. I see Barack Obama as a president and celebrity, but some just see him as a president. I see Queen Elizabeth as a queen, but some see her as a celeb. It just depends. The media is up in Kate business for now because of William. I'm just saying, the only reason I know she exists is because of Will and if he were to be done with her there would be no reason for me to know about her then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
He has cut ties with her before! CrownP said 3 months and she would be forgotten, did the "cutting off" go on for more than 3 months? It seemed like less, so this probably didn´t count.
I just said 3 months for no particular reason. Just like an estimate.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Courtier

She won't, people will always be interested on what happened to the girlfriend that didn't catch PW; and taking into account that they have been going out around 8 (?) years I suppose that she is well known and people will want to know what she did after breaking up with PW. And if she uses her fame, this interest will be increased even more.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I wouldn't care. She'd be forgotten in my mind. The sad thing is she would be remembered mostly for the wrong reasons though. The girl who didn't get the prince's heart.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No, she will be known as the girl who didn't marry the prince.
She has obviously got his heart at the moment, as he would've finished with her.
Even when she isn't dating him, there is a thread in this forum for past girlfriends.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Didn't get his heart/didn't marry the prince is the same thing.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
No it wouldn't be that hard. His mothers trial shouldn't stop him from announcing his engagement to the woman he loves...
I have to disagree to agree with some of you about Prince William and Ms. Middleton and how they will announce their engagement. I believe from the reading many books on Princess Diana that she was close to her sons, especially Prince William. His mother's wisdom was given to her sons about love and relationships. I will give you an example about the relationship of the press and Princess Diana that her young sons witness first hand. They went out to a movie and the press hounded them and the Princess asked them to leave them alone.The press keep bothering them that Princess Diana yelled at them and started to cry. I think that would make an impression on your sons about the press. The Prince wants his life private. I really believe they are secretly engaged or have an understanding for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
...when they get engaged...they will publisice the news, at least 6 months before the date of the wedding if not longer.
Again with some of you we will have to disagree to agree. Do they need six months? Three or four would be enough for travel plans to be made and souvenirs to be manufactured. I think the palace machine would be on it ahead of this time. It still could be a fall wedding like I believe Prince William's grandparents had. I don't think Ms Middleton needs six months in CH. Princess Diana was bored and lonely there. I think she would stay at her family home. I am still betting on Ms. Tina Brown bit of news. Sorry guys, we got to wait and see about it. But I do think that the couple are already promised to each other except the vows.