William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious when was the last time the two were spotted together...I can't remember tbh

I think that Prince Albert's recent engagement announcement is going to step up the pressure on William and Kate--particularly on William. There'll be one less couple to speculate about once Albert and Charlene get married.

I think that Prince Albert's recent engagement announcement is going to step up the pressure on William and Kate--particularly on William. There'll be one less couple to speculate about once Albert and Charlene get married.

I had a feeling that if Albert brought her a high-profile royal event like the wedding of an heir/heiress to the throne, an engagement would be forthcoming. Good to see my gut feeling was correct! :)

Which means if Kate shows up with William at the wedding in Monaco, then we'll know for sure. ;)

As far as pressure, William knows the choices his father made when people pressured him to marry. He probably wants to avoid making the same mistakes.

they are so beautiful couple ))) I hope they will be very happy ))

When Prince Albert marries.....most likely William and Kate will not be in attendance (engagement or not). When Albert was enthroned, I believe it was Edward and Sophie who attended (maybe Andrew). But since Edward and Sophie do the wedding circuit tour so well..........I can't imagine anyone else attending Albert's wedding.

If William couldn't attend Victoria's and she is more in his age bracket, why would he attend Alberts?

Honestly, while it would have been nice to have one of the Wales' at Victoria's wedding, William and Victoria aren't all that equal. She's an heiress, he's the heir of the heir. So you'd only really expect monarchs and their spouses, their heirs and spouses and then other children of those monarchs. You didn't see a lot of grandkids of monarchs there, except in the case of Christian, Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia.

It actually would have been more suiting for Charles and Camilla to go, as I don't think the two of them have gone to any high-profile royal events overseas like that as a couple since they got married. I wonder why that is?

Yes, certainly Thena. For myself, I'm pleased that William and Kate are taking their dear, sweet time. Surely, by this time, they know where their relationship is headed and are being wise about when they announce an engagement.

As far as pressure, William knows the choices his father made when people pressured him to marry. He probably wants to avoid making the same mistakes.

It is a relief to see William taking it seriously. The media tries to sensationalize, and thereby trivialize what should be serious. William has always been amazingly good at staying grounded when the tabloid gossips are spinning out of control around him. I think he gets that cool-under-fire personality from his grandparents via his father too. Diana would have made some drama about it. But the royals stay cool.

From the moment they are married, the next thing the public will be constantly looking out for is a pregnancy.

When couples marry, they usually like to enjoy the adjustment to married life as a couple for a few years before considering a family. I think these two are going through that stage NOW. They are in essence "married" and are giving themselves the same breathing space that every couple deserve before starting a family.

Call me crazy, but now that two of the three big Royal singles are off the market (Victoria and Albert), I am thinking the pressure is really going to be on William.

Don't get me wrong...I don't think William will bow down to the pressure. But I certainly think that the tabloid fascination with him and Kate will intensify now that we don't have to ask the same questions about Victoria/Daniel and Albert/Charlene. When will they marry?

I think we are going to see more nonsense stories.

Honestly, while it would have been nice to have one of the Wales' at Victoria's wedding, William and Victoria aren't all that equal. She's an heiress, he's the heir of the heir. So you'd only really expect monarchs and their spouses, their heirs and spouses and then other children of those monarchs. You didn't see a lot of grandkids of monarchs there, except in the case of Christian, Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia.

It actually would have been more suiting for Charles and Camilla to go, as I don't think the two of them have gone to any high-profile royal events overseas like that as a couple since they got married. I wonder why that is?

Were there any Royals from the UK at the wedding I don't recall seeing any of them...if so do you have a picture?

There will be no one else there.
No one to say "Well Alberts not married yet, Victoria's not married yet".

The press have only William left to turn to for a royal wedding.
But, if he bows to the pressure, he's very stupid.

Were there any Royals from the UK at the wedding I don't recall seeing any of them...if so do you have a picture?

Edward and Sophie attended the wedding.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=15&id=48392&zoektype=2&search=19-06-2010 Stockholm

Well the three big events I can think of that have happened since 2005 are King Carl Gustav's 60th, 2006, King Haralds 70th, 2008, and Princess Victoria's wedding, 2010.
I don't see why he did not attend Victoria's wedding, he has attended 4 out of the other 5 heir weddings, and it would have been nice to show Camilla off.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex represented the Queen at the wedding. I don't have any pictures on my computer, but if you go to the wedding thread, there's tons of pictures there. :)

Thank you both, I had missed them. Sophie looked wonderful!

While I certainly agree that it would have been nice to see some other BRF at Victoria's wedding (and this is OFF TOPIC).

I think its important to note relationships are important.

Charles certainly has a somewhat of a relationship with other royal families and he was in attendance at a couple of other weddings. But Camilla certainly does not. Who wants to meet someone the first time at their wedding?

Sophie and Edward certainly have relationships with the other royals, they have met at several events and are generally are in the same age group. They have a cordial relationship as people who are in the same circle who have met a couple of times. You know...we all have a friend (lets call him A) and he has another friend (he's B). Well you are an associate with B because you see him with A. You guys have a great time together and socialize with A quite often But you and C are not friends friends. I think that is the case.

Last edited:
While I certainly agree that it would have been nice to see some other BRF at Victoria's wedding (and this is OFF TOPIC).

I think its important to note relationships are important.

Charles certainly has a somewhat of a relationship with other royal families and he was in attendance at a couple of other weddings. But Camilla certainly does not. Who wants to meet someone the first time at their wedding?

Sophie and Edward certainly have relationships with the other royals, they have met at several events and are generally are in the same age group.

You have a point about Camilla, but didn't she meet all the royals at Charles' birthday last year? I know it would only be a second meeting, but that's something.
Sophie and Edward have the suppose advantage of age, they are younger than Charles and Camilla and more familiar perhaps with the CP's of Europe.

This is my view as well. However, I think that both William and Kate are very determined characters and will do what is right for them.:flowers:

Call me crazy, but now that two of the three big Royal singles are off the market (Victoria and Albert), I am thinking the pressure is really going to be on William.

I think they will marry eventually. I mean when people thought it was a done thing that Albert would remain a bachelor and there we go, he's now engaged. And he has done it at 52...What's the rush? I know that Kate is 28, if I ma not mistaken and there isn't such a great age difference as with Albert and Charlene...so if they wait so long there would be no possibility of an heir. ( I certainly hope William won't wait until he is 52)...but, I know from personal experience how tough it is to make such a decision when you have seen your parents' marriage break up, your uncles and aunt also getting divorces....you get weary...you don't want to get burned yourself...
However I agree the attention is now ultimately down to William and Kate, and let's not forget about Harry.

#2 looks pretty good :), #1 resembles a bit Diana's gown from her back, as the photos I've seeing. What about Hello designing Kate's engagement ring first before her wedding dress?Actually, not...most likely the ring will be a family hairloom.

Just because the press say they are living together doesn't mean they are. :nonono:
Since when do we put any stock in what Katie Nicholl says?

I really like gown #4 but I think the first one is probably better choice since it's most likely going to be a big formal affair.

I bet every designer is just dying to make her gown. I'd like her to choose a British designer who is sort of known- similar to what Michelle Obama did for Jason Wu.

I am loving design #1... Simple yet elegant and with a beautiful veil. Lovely!

I like No. 6, actually. I'd prefer it with sleeves, though, and not so low-cut in the front.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom