The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1021  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St.Joh's, Canada
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
is there a link where we can watch it?
Do you mean the Entertainment Tonight video? If so try this link
Samantha Blogs About Royal Wedding Fever In London!
__________________

__________________
  #1022  
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
I think this Tara Palmer Tomkinson is no close friend to Prince William and Ms Middleton. If she knows anything it is through her family's relationship with the royals. I read Prince Charles for a while did not want his boys around her because of her drug use. Does anyone know if she lick the habit? I still believe something is up by the statement from Ms Brown. This author by taking many years writing a book on Diana, Princess of Wales does have highly placed sources.

By the way I think that Prince William and Ms Middleton are engaged.
__________________

__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #1023  
Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,074
I think TPT's reaction to that question seemed genuine enough. You can't accuse her of talking about PW because she didn't know that question was going to be asked and answered it spontaniously and it's not as if she's given much away. She only said what William himself has said about it recently. BTW her parents are very close indeed to Prince Charles so she is definatley "in the know" as it were.
__________________
  #1024  
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
How was Tara Palmer Tomkinson approached by the press? I don't know the details to be able to judge that her answer was spontaneous and genuine.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #1025  
Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

By the way I think that Prince William and Ms Middleton are engaged.
Engaged in what?
__________________
  #1026  
Old 05-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
How was Tara Palmer Tomkinson approached by the press? I don't know the details to be able to judge that her answer was spontaneous and genuine.
I believe someone just walked up to her and asked about William and Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think this Tara Palmer Tomkinson is no close friend to Prince William and Ms Middleton. If she knows anything it is through her family's relationship with the royals. I read Prince Charles for a while did not want his boys around her because of her drug use. Does anyone know if she lick the habit? I still believe something is up by the statement from Ms Brown. This author by taking many years writing a book on Diana, Princess of Wales does have highly placed sources.

By the way I think that Prince William and Ms Middleton are engaged.
If they are engaged, confirming they want to marry, then why haven't they announced it?
What would be the point in waiting to marry? The election is passed they could announce it any day they wanted, but seemingly haven't. If i recieved an engagment ring from Prince William i wouldn't hide the fact.

I've just noticed this part of the TPT article.

Quote:
"high-placed source in royal circles tells me that two days in June have been mysteriously blocked out on the palace diaries - June 3 and 4.
"They suggest this is a likely date for the engagement announcement at last of the 27-year-old Prince William and his patient squeeze, 28-year-old Kate Middleton.
"If so, a wedding itself would probably follow in November."
She claimed the tip came from an "impeccable" source close to the royal family.
On the 3rd June, The Queen and The DOE will visit the HMS Ocean in Devonport.
The Prince of Wales is not listed as doing anything, and presumably William will be in traning. Some impeccable source does not know how to read the royal calender.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1027  
Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
The press is saying Will and Kate have already set a date and that he bought her a ring. Same old thing.


http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ate13_CV_N.htm
__________________
  #1028  
Old 05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
The press is saying Will and Kate have already set a date and that he bought her a ring. Same old thing.
Article?
Rumours come to light when she either attends a big event such as his passing out ceremony or the Order of the Garter ceremony. Or when she attends a wedding with him.
If they were engaged, why keep it from the press? They obviously want to marry, so why hide it?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1029  
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
If they were engaged, why keep it from the press? They obviously want to marry, so why hide it?
I don't get it. Just come right out and say it. All I can say is that they obviously enjoy the press speculating and making assumptions about them. I would just come right out and say "Yes, we're engaged" or "No, we're not engaged". Simple as that. What girl doesn't want to tell the world she's engaged. This has gone on long enough and I'm getting tired of it. The royal court could at least release a statement.
__________________
  #1030  
Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
that news about brown blocking his dates as well is new, isnt it?
__________________
  #1031  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Melibea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ****, Spain
Posts: 978
^^
do you mean Gordon Brown? Do you know that he is not the prime minister now? So if he blocks his dates it only matters to him
__________________
  #1032  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Article?
Rumours come to light when she either attends a big event such as his passing out ceremony or the Order of the Garter ceremony. Or when she attends a wedding with him.
If they were engaged, why keep it from the press? They obviously want to marry, so why hide it?
Why do you say it is obvious they want to marry?
__________________
  #1033  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
that news about brown blocking his dates as well is new, isnt it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^^
do you mean Gordon Brown? Do you know that he is not the prime minister now? So if he blocks his dates it only matters to him
Brown would have nothing to do with the day they choose to announce the engagement seeing as he is no longer PM. When he blocks his days out, it has nothing to do with the supposed future wedding.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Why do you say it is obvious they want to marry?
I meant, that if they were engaged, (as georgia suggested) they obviously want to marry because they're engaged so why hide it from the press.

I didn't mean they actually do want to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't get it. Just come right out and say it. All I can say is that they obviously enjoy the press speculating and making assumptions about them. I would just come right out and say "Yes, we're engaged" or "No, we're not engaged". Simple as that. What girl doesn't want to tell the world she's engaged. This has gone on long enough and I'm getting tired of it. The royal court could at least release a statement.
Releasing a statement would mean the royal court is getting involved in the malicious gossip. It has also and probably will never release statements about Harry and Williams relationships with any present or future girlfriends.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1034  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think this Tara Palmer Tomkinson is no close friend to Prince William and Ms Middleton. If she knows anything it is through her family's relationship with the royals. I read Prince Charles for a while did not want his boys around her because of her drug use. Does anyone know if she lick the habit? I still believe something is up by the statement from Ms Brown. This author by taking many years writing a book on Diana, Princess of Wales does have highly placed sources.

By the way I think that Prince William and Ms Middleton are engaged.
I REALLY dont think Tina Brown is reliable.

Tara attend to wedding of Charles & Camila.

From what I hear she or at least her family is still friends with Charles.

If she and/or her family are still friends with Charles, I believe it's easier for her to know if William is getting married soon or not, than Tina Brown or some other columnist.

In my personal opinion, I think the connections of Tara with Charles, much stronger than Tina Brown & company.
__________________
  #1035  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I meant, that if they were engaged, (as georgia suggested) they obviously want to marry because they're engaged so why hide it from the press. I didn't mean they actually do want to marry.
I think for Prince William announcing an engagement will be hard because of what the press would do to Ms. Middleton. He still has scars from his mother's trial with the press. I really think they could be engaged secretly because of those two factors. I think when they announce their engagement it will be very close to the wedding.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #1036  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,524
I agree dianadebraga. If people would take the time to actually view the video that was originally posted in Msg. #1003 you can clearly see that Tara is being asked questions at some event (possibly a fashion event) and didn't know what questions were going to be asked. So her answer is off the cuff. It's not like she called the press to talk to them. It doesn't matter if she's close to William and Harry or not, her parents are close long-time friends with Charles and Camilla.
Tina Brown is just a journalist trying to bring attention to her work (books, etc.) and her new blog site. Her ploy worked. All journalists say they were "close friends" with Diana or they have "reliable sources" in order to bring credibility to themselves. Who's going to dispute it? Just because they had a lunch with Diana doesn't make them a good friend or any more reliable. Diane "lunched" with many journalists including tabloid jornos (Piers Morgan comes to mind). That doesn't make them "good friends".
I would certainly trust Tara over Tina Brown any day.

And I don't believe in any secret engagement that people keep trying to put forward. It's all heresay.
__________________
  #1037  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Engaged in what?
A great game of Twister! Didn't you know? It's all the rage!

Well it IS the middle of May and May and June are heavy wedding months so it looks like the media has nothing but marriage on the mind. . . .
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #1038  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
misselle's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Altos, United States
Posts: 220
I think we all just have to wait until a formal announcement is made.So many "insiders" but do they have correct information?
How long can a person remain an insider if they talk to the press?
__________________
  #1039  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think for Prince William announcing an engagement will be hard because of what the press would do to Ms. Middleton. He still has scars from his mother's trial with the press. I really think they could be engaged secretly because of those two factors. I think when they announce their engagement it will be very close to the wedding.
No it wouldn't be that hard.
Whenever they announce the engagment, Kate will become a future royal, she will get the same amount of security as any actual royal. They can't call her waity kaity anymore, what else can they do to her, when she is engaged to a prince.
His mothers trial shouldn't stop him from announcing his engagement to the woman he loves.
If they were engaged we'd know about it, he wouldn't of kept it a secret.
He's a big boy, and Kate is a big girl, old enough to deal with the press and whatever they are going to make up. She's been with him for what 8 years, if she's stuck by him this long, no press crap kicked up after an engagement is going to change her mind.
No royal has ever announced there engagement soon to a wedding. Thats stupid. The public would want to know about the engagement more than a week before the wedding. It would allow royal watchers to travel to the wedding before hand.
They need time to plan before the wedding. They aren't just going to tell the planning people they are engaged and not tell the public.
Plus Kate would move into the royal house before hand, wouldn't the press notice this? I don't see her taking of her engagement ring just to go out shopping.
Souveniers need to be made, tea-towels, mugs etc. They would never be able to keep the engagement a secret will all the plans going on.

A June announcement would mean, by precedence, a winter wedding which would not be right. WHEN they get engaged, I see a winter announcement and a summer wedding.

When they get engaged, when the ask the Queens permission, they will publisice the news, at least 6 months before the date of the wedding if not longer.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1040  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
There are so many outsiders one wonders if there is anyone left on the outside.
Russophile did you call it Twister? Is that what they call it now. Interesting.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 05:22 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]