The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Waity Katie increasing public profile in preparation for Royal engagement | Mail Online

Yesterday the Mail on Sunday revealed that Miss Middleton had danced to a song featuring the lyrics 'to sit on my throne' at a West End nightclub last week.
She waved her arms as friends sang along to the theme tune to the 1990s TV comedy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: 'Looked to my kingdom I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air'.

Two of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard.
Finally we agree on something.

Iluv, in my occupation quite a lot of time is spent in translation and often I act as interpreter in more than one foreign language,in my opinion the greatest danger for an interpreter is to put his/her own interpretation into what is being said. It is to be avoided at all costs. We must trust that the VIP and sometimes what I call a VVIP knows what he/she is talking about.

Now for goodness´ sake can we get back to the ring?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Yes, enough about 'interpretation'.
The earlier circular exchange between three posters has been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
...I hope for Kate's sake that she will dirty her hands with real charity work rather than just showing up at parties in pretty dresses.
I agree with this. If all that Kate does is attend charity parties, it only will show she doesn't actually care for a certain cause. It will also fuel speculation that she only wants to marry William for the sake of a tiara.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Courtier

^^
Imo the problem is that she has started quite late with her career. I think that she never wanted to be a career woman and she only went to college because she wanted higher education not to get a job.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
...True philanthropists don't need a five course meal and a picture in a glossy magazine to sign a check.
And don't forget that in America, they can write that off on their taxes. So! The ladies a la Lynn Wyatt, get to look lovely and the Oscar Wyatt's who have to drag themselves to these affairs can clip the coupon.
Russo loves a good charity party, btw! Gives her a chance to catch up with friends.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that she needs a new make-up look.
I agree. I think a new makeover will work wonders on Kate. I'm not saying shes ugly, but she does need a new look that will enhance her beauty and features. She's tall with a nice figure, but I don't think she really knows how to dress for her body type. Which is probably why people are constantly bashing her for what she wears.

Also, lets not leave William out. He needs a makeover himself. He should either get a haircut or go bald soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe the heavy makeup is needed after her night out dancing.
The night Kate took to her throne as the dirty dancing queen | Mail Online
Old 05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Majesty

What I see is a man very comfortable in his own skin which is why he doesn't do these things. He isn't hung up on appearance or insecure because of it. I think it is wonderful that he doesn't do these things but is prepared to let nature take its course.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Courtier

about the rumour that two dates, june 3 and 4th, have been blocked out of the royal family's calender, has such a thing ever happened in the past years?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Majesty

The fact is that the dates haven't been blocked out. Charles, The Queen and Philip have engagements scheduled for at least one of those days and William has scheduled training.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Gentry

I hope they get engaged soon :)
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The fact is that the dates haven't been blocked out. Charles, The Queen and Philip have engagements scheduled for at least one of those days and William has scheduled training.
Where did you find these diaries? I can't find them out on the official websites...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Majesty

In the days after the 'scoop' BP and CH said that the Queen and Philip would be doing engagements on one of the days, that Charles had engagements both days and that William would be training. It was reported in many newspapers at the time - the ubiquitous spokesperson from each of these residences.

I think they said the Queen and Philip would be in Devonport. Charles also has engagements on one or both of those dates and most importantly, according to the CH spokesperson at the time of the Tina Brown exclusive - William will be training in Wales.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will be on the HMS Ocean in Devonport. Then the Duke of Edinburgh will attend a lecture at St Georges Chapel.
Charles isn't listed as doing any events on the 3rd or 4th. William will be traning.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ews-wedding/1/ (3/05/2010).
Old 05-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
I hope they get engaged soon :)
I don't think William is ever going to marry Kate. I think it's all been press hype. Until something official is said, I won't believe he is marrying her. He just does not come off as someone who is ready, imo.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. Until it happens I'll be proven wrong, but to me its all press. Even if Will is thinking of marrying her, why would he do it right now? He's young. Also, all the weddings they've been to, one would think they would be married by now.

No one is thinking of Kate side. What if by chance, she doesn't want to get married now? I'm sure she knows once she does get to married to Will her life won't ever be the same. People will be watching, scrutinizing her every move. Scary.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

You don't think she hasn't thought about it? I'm pretty sure she knows who she's with.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Of course she's thought of what's going to happen to her when and if she marries Wills.
Plus it has been considered by us posters that neither ACTUALLY want to marry. Thats quite obvious, else they would be engaged and married by now.
But the press need stories, people want them to get married even if it was just something to look forward to other than the Olympics.
I personally think they will get married, not yet, not till 2014 but I personally would not like them too.

Oh and if he's thinking of marrying her, if he wanted to do it, he would do it. If he's ready, his age wouldn't stop him.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Administrator

The long list of suggestions as to how Prince William could improve his appearance (a beard, a goatee, a hair transplant, a buzz cut...) have been removed as they have no relevance to this thread.

Just a short time ago the atmosphere was one of anticipation of a royal engagement. Now that has evaporated, we're reduced to restyling William's hair

Warren
British Forums moderator