William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry... Don't work in a shop or have any connection with HELLO! However here is front cover in detail for you guys -

KYLIE EXCLUSIVE -Talks of deepening love, learning Spanish and how Andres likes her best.

MICHAEL FLATLEY - The Dance Lord and devoted dad opens his LA mansion.

ADRIANA LIMA - Brazilian Supermodel, and husband Marko present beautifull baby Valentina

and.................

ROYAL WEDDING FASHION SPECIAL.
A BRIDAL GOWN FOR KATE MIDDLETON.
PRINCESS DIANA'S DESIGNER REVEALS HER PERFECT LOOK.

Ok, I will tell you how I know. I would love to say its a crystal ball or I am psychic, but sadly not !!

This Sunday's Irish Mail on Sunday is advertising a free copy of next week's HELLO with next week's paper.... and they have a full page size print of the front cover of next week's HELLO on display.

I saw this cover on line somewhere... it not a big deal to be in the know .... you should not have to explain yourself... to anyone...

Sorry... Don't work in a shop or have any connection with HELLO! However here is front cover in detail for you guys -

KYLIE EXCLUSIVE -Talks of deepening love, learning Spanish and how Andres likes her best.

MICHAEL FLATLEY - The Dance Lord and devoted dad opens his LA mansion.

ADRIANA LIMA - Brazilian Supermodel, and husband Marko present beautifull baby Valentina

and.................

ROYAL WEDDING FASHION SPECIAL.
A BRIDAL GOWN FOR KATE MIDDLETON.
PRINCESS DIANA'S DESIGNER REVEALS HER PERFECT LOOK.

Ok, I will tell you how I know. I would love to say its a crystal ball or I am psychic, but sadly not !!

This Sunday's Irish Mail on Sunday is advertising a free copy of next week's HELLO with next week's paper.... and they have a full page size print of the front cover of next week's HELLO on display.

Desperate publictaions!!!

Nothing original, I will be buying the issue to see what the emanuels have in store for Kate after Diana's ridiculous dress.

Darn it! I was going to ask you for lotto numbers!
Maybe the National Enquirer has a scoop on the wedding details especially after the Edwards scandal. . ... :whistling:

Nothing original, I will be buying the issue to see what the emanuels have in store for Diana after her ridiculous dress.

I don't think the Emanuels have anything in store for Diana...I think Catherine Walker had the last say on that ......;)

I don't think the Emanuels have anything in store for Diana...I think Catherine Walker had the last say on that ......;)

I meant what they had in store for Kate, after Diana's ridiculous wedding dress. It was designed by the Emanuels.

The only thing I can say is that if Kate is preparing her wedding dress, I hope she doesthe opposite of what the Emmanuels are advising.

The dress in the cover looks awful for a royal bride.

Nothing original, I will be buying the issue to see what the emanuels have in store for Kate after Diana's ridiculous dress.

Totally agree.... I have always found it extraordinary that a girl who managed to look the essence of elegance and beauty for years had such a dreadful wedding dress.... and yet ironically her red haired sister in law.. a girl who managed to look like a dog's dinner on just about every occasion ..had a stunning wedding dress... Go figure !

Totally agree.... I have always found it extraordinary that a girl who managed to look the essence of elegance and beauty for years had such a dreadful wedding dress.... and yet ironically her red haired sister in law.. a girl who managed to look like a dog's dinner on just about every occasion ..had a stunning wedding dress... Go figure !
Oh my! :ROFLMAO:

Here's an interesting article Russo dug up.
Royal Wedding Gowns

(Well I had to dig SOMETHING up as I clearly wanted to let Miss Garnett know how I enjoyed her post!)

It was foolish for Tina to give a date, I mean she has good sources--but I don't know. She should've been more vague, because this was not good for her. This year seems reasonable...

Well...I loved Diana's dress then and still do today. We were in the middle of a return to romantic ruffles and flounces at that time and the dress goes along w/all of that.

I know I'm in the minority on that, but that's okay.

As for Sarah's Wedding Gown....The needle pointer/beader in me would adore having a chance to have it and me in a room somewhere so I could get an up close look at all of the work that was on it. It wasn't just a Wedding Gown. It was a work of art!!

Miss Garnett, Diana, Princess of Wales got her sophisticated style down in the later years after she knew who she was. I loved Diana fairytale wedding dress. The Duchess of York knew who she was when she married into the BRF. Her dress showed off her weight lost and was probably the only flattering dress the Duchess ever wore. And I totally agree with your above statement about Duchess of York's style.

The wedding dress in Hello magazine for Kate is too revealing in front. I sure hope it isn't the dress. But Ms Middleton doesn't have much to reveal and she does wear fashion like this gown.:flowers:

It was foolish for Tina to give a date, I mean she has good sources--but I don't know. She should've been more vague, because this was not good for her. This year seems reasonable...

zembla this year does seem reasonable and CrownPrincess5 I wish everyone would leave they alone or they might stay the way they are.:flowers:

I meant what they had in store for Kate, after Diana's ridiculous wedding dress. It was designed by the Emanuels.

I Know who they are and that they designed her wedding dress and other dresses and clothing for Diana. Just commented on your typo...is all! :) But I hope that Kate goes with a diffrent designer, I was not crazy about the Emanuels wedding design either and when I seen it in person you really know that it was Diana who made the dress amazing & it did not matter what the ball of wrinkled fabric looked like ...although I did love the famous black dress Diana wore on her first offical outing as an engaged woman.

Let me add: that I did not love the dress but Diana in the dress in the moment...In the Fairy Tale....was Iconic

You have to keep the design of Diana's dress in historical context. Laura Ashley designs were extremely popular at that time too. The dress is representative of it's time and the way not only Diana viewed her wedding, but the world as well. The dress may seem ridiculous by today's concepts of a wedding dress, but it was Diana's and the world's view of a romantic fairytale wedding. So like it or not, it's will always hold a special place in time.

Getting back on topic, if and when William and Kate get married, her dress will also reflect a special place in time as well. JMO.

I thought that Diana's gown was very good for her and for the times. St. Paul's was a big place, and Diana was a tall girl. The romantic styles with the big skirts suited her during those early years. The Emanuelles gave a nod to Queen Victoria's wedding dress in the design. Honestly, I didn't even notice the wrinkles on the dress at the time because the occasion was just so magical and overwhelmingly romantic to the 18-year-old girl that I was.

Sarah's gown was beautiful in a haute-couture sort of way; but for sheer magic, Diana's dress was iconic. It captured the spirit of those heady days perfectly. The dress might look over-the-top in retrospect, but I still like to look at pictures of it. It just seemed to be so "Diana" and all our hopes and dreams for her.:flowers:

Well...I loved Diana's dress then and still do today. We were in the middle of a return to romantic ruffles and flounces at that time and the dress goes along w/all of that.

I know I'm in the minority on that, but that's okay.

Mermaid, I don't think that I have ever read a more beautifully written post re Diana's gown. It is just perfectly said and totally what I have always thought. I didn't notice the wrinkles either... just the pure beauty of her emerging from the carriage and the wondrous train behind her.
As for Sarah's, her's always appeared to me to be way over the top with all of the embroidery, sequins, bows, seed pearls, et al. To each his own, I guess. :)

Prince William: 'A little while to wait' for royal wedding - USATODAY.com

By the way, all that speculation about Prince William proposing to Kate Middleton on June 3 or 4 wasn't quite right. In fact, longtime royal photographer Arthur Edwards, who has been shooting the princes since they were born, is in Africa with them, said on Good Morning America today, "William said to me recently, 'I hope you're not going to retire.' And I said, 'I'm not going to retire until I take your wedding photo.' And he said, 'Well, that might be a little while to wait then.'"

That's Charles and Diana's 30th wedding anniversary. Somehow that seems unlikely to me. ;)

The only thing I believe is an official announcement.. :ermm: Up until then it's fun to read all the speculations. :)

Thank you for your remarks, udyusa. People who weren't actually "there" at the time (and by those "there" I'm inclusing those watching on t.v. on this side of the water) just can't grasp how important that wedding was at the time and how loved Diana was. There are exceptions to that, of course. Some had no use for Diana since the beginning.

And I fear that any would-be bride of William's--to bring this thread back into context--will be mercilessly expected to capture the same spirit. But that's impossible. That magic belongs to history.

Mermaid, I don't think that I have ever read a more beautifully written post re Diana's gown. It is just perfectly said and totally what I have always thought. I didn't notice the wrinkles either... just the pure beauty of her emerging from the carriage and the wondrous train behind her.

And I fear that any would-be bride of William's--to bring this thread back into context--will be mercilessly expected to capture the same spirit. But that's impossible. That magic belongs to history.

All in all if William and Kate do marry, I don't see it having a "fairy tale" quality to it as these two are going to be a bit more realistic when they do walk down the aisle. They know what's ahead and have chosen to face it side by side out of love and no other reason. In the years to come, perhaps when William and his Queen reach the ages of HM and the DoE, their marriage will be billed as the romance story of the 21st century. :flowers:

"That magic belongs to history". Indeed it does, Mermaid, and that is where it should stay. William's bride will make her own magic, who ever she may be...

Thats something I will not be looking forward too when William marries.
People say they should marry on his parents wedding anniversary, the bride should habe Diana's sapphire, a dress the size of london etc. They are trying to turn William future bride into a Mini-Diana because they want someone like Diana back and thats not right.

Whoever she will be, she will always constantly come under comparisons to Diana, if they marry on Charles and Diana's anniversary that will increase the pressure.

Kate, or whoever William's wife will be will create her own path as a princess and future Queen, but what she must not do is link herself to Diana, such as turning up to a land mine with the same colour jacket that Diana did. (Princess Mary of Denmark did that in 2008 and she was compared to Diana)

That would be a beautiful thing to see happen, Osipi. It could happen long before King William and Queen _______ are that age, as well. If they can be seen to have a stable marriage and are still showing affection after 10 years, they might been seen that way even then.

In the years to come, perhaps when William and his Queen reach the ages of HM and the DoE, their marriage will be billed as the romance story of the 21st century. :flowers:

Any bride of William's will always be compared to Diana which is sad for her bc she's a tough act to follow. Whoever she turns out to be, I'll bet she'd want a wedding away from all the media circus just to escape those comparisons for one day.

Yes she will be compared to Diana, but I think she could, if she has enough charisma, carve out her own identity for the public. Isn't that what Diana did? She wasn't trying to be like Charles' mother, but she was trying to navigate royal life while being herself. Will's wife will have to be able to carve out her own identity or else she will be endlessly compared to her mother-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom