The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Yes, that's why I said that now this possibilty is null. And I think he could have done a great wedding dress for the next queen.

Famous british designer that I know are Gallaiano (although he was born in gibraltar) and the designer of Burberry. But I don't imagine them designing the wedding dress.

P. Maxima's dress was designed by Valentino, but I don't think that she will choose a designer from another country.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate can choose a dress from where ever she likes, most important is something she likes, and something she is comfortable with. It doesn't have to be by a british designer, it could be buy Valentino, or and unknown designer from abroad or even from the UK.
The woman who designed Autumn Kelly's dress, I had never heard of her before, so it doesn't have to be some high flying designer like Galliano, or Tom Ford.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Courtier

^^

I think that Diana's dress wasn't designed by a known designer, too. We will have to wait, but is entertaining to especulate on the "possible" wedding
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Gentry

I love Galliano, I love the clothes he designs for Dior. Are you guys liked the wedding dress he made for Donald Trump's wife?

A question: Kate wore clothes by A. McQueen?
God bless his soul, but I could never imagined he making the wedding dress of a British princess.

I also think Kate probably would choose a British designer, but I honestly do not believe that she will marry William ...

Although in my humble opinion, I think there are famous designers who designed beautiful wedding dresses.
Christian Lacroix - I think the beautiful wedding dress he made for Catherine Zeta-Jones
Tom Ford - but unfortunately it no longer makes clothes
Giorgia Armani
John Galiano
Karl Lagerfeld
Ellie Saab
the current designer of YSL.

Sorry, but Tom Ford is american, no?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Courtier

I doubt that Kate has wored anything by Mcqueen but I think that he could have made a grand wedding dress.

I don't think that Karl Lagerfel and Stefano Pilati (YSL) are the right choice for the designer (what famous wedding dress has Stefano done?). Galliano could design something great but I don't see him designing the dress, the same with Tom Ford (he is american and next year he will start his women line!). The rest are ok but I don't think that they are going to be the designers either.

So most probably it will be an unknown designer
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Gentry

I do not know you but I just LOVED the dress that Stefano Pilati made especially for Kate Winslet when she won the Oscar and this year she also attended by YSL (Stefano Pilati) I think she very ELEGANT this year as well.

But if you're referring to Stefano Pilati design a wedding dress, I actually think he - yet - not a wedding dress designed especially for somebody.

And for some time I do not see the fashion-shows, so I do not remember if Stefano Pilati follows the tradition of the master Yves Saint Laurent to have a wedding dress on the catwalk.

Honestly if Yves Saint Laurent was still alive and active, and if I marry someone high-profile, no doubt I would choose him to design my wedding dress. YVES SAINT LAURENT definitely was a GENIUS!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Courtier

^^
Stefano doesn't do wedding dresses, and his style wouldn't match Kate so I don't see him as the designer (and there are rumours he is going to be fired from YSL). And Stefano's style and Yves is very different, Stefano is more minimalist.

Another option is Valentino but he is retired so I don't think he would do it, and he's too old style for Kate. Or Alber Elbaz, but his wedding dresses leave much to be desired.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I would love to see her in something newly created.
I would, too. All going well, William's wife will be Queen, and as she does not come from a family which has a family tiara, I think she should have something created which is distinctively hers.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Nobility

On the Tiara/Wedding Dress subject-Yes, give a new designer a chance to add his/her mark on Royal Ceremony. In our new age. Who knows they might even establish a trend for the times as well.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

McQueen would make a beautiful dress for Kate if he was still here. He had amazing skills!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Kate Middleton right to make us wait for a royal wedding - mirror.co.uk

Doesn’t this beautiful weather put you in mind of glorious, floaty summer weddings?

How rude of Prince William and Kate Middleton not to come up with the goods then, don’t you think?

Or maybe, how admirable that they’ve refused to bow to the will-they-won’t-they? pressure that’s dogged them since they met at St Andrews *University in 2001 and which intensified recently amid claims that *Buckingham Palace had cleared its diary for a June engagement announcement.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Courtier

I'd be surprised if Kate chose a high-end designer like Valentino or Lagerfeld. The tiara stuff is interesting, I always assumed the Queen had a ton of them in storage along with a myriad of other jewels to just loan out to family.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Majesty

I hope that Kate goes with a British designer if and when.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

She would be pilloried from pillar to post if she didn't choose a British designer.
That is a major thing that the royals have to do - support British over foreign and a wedding dress most certainly would have to be designed by someone British.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Majesty

Exactly, Iluvbertie. Otherwise, we'd hear no end of it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Well...I finally picked up my issue with People with Kate and Wililam on the cover and what a surprise....no new information is gleamed from the article. Of course, I read about Kate and William daily here at the TRF, so perhaps it can be considered new and exciting information for those who don't follow them on a regular. What was surprising is that they didn't make a big todo about William being Diana's son which is odd. People magazine here in the States made a fortune over Diana...she is on a record top ten cover girl...with something like 30 plus covers. And since Diana has been dead over some years...not sure if many will make the connection.

I will say, however, that the picture of the red dress (scarlet according to People) that Kate wore to Emilia's wedding actually looks better in print.

But basically no new info.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Darn it! I HATE it when People runs out of material.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I'd be surprised if Kate chose a high-end designer like Valentino or Lagerfeld. The tiara stuff is interesting, I always assumed the Queen had a ton of them in storage along with a myriad of other jewels to just loan out to family.
Personally... I'd love to see her in a Jane Austen "Pride and Predjudice" type gown.. simple and elegant and a bit "floaty" with a train. She seems to lean towards the simple lines and the classic looks rather than as someone remarked somewhere.. the "butterfly" look.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^^

I think that Diana's dress wasn't designed by a known designer, too. We will have to wait, but is entertaining to especulate on the "possible" wedding
I think Diana's dress was a huge disaster.. looked like she was wearing the wedding cake itself. I don't see Kate doing anything as flouncy as that dress was.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Majesty

I just had a thought and wondered what would happen....

As this is musings... lets play the what if game...

What if Wills and Kate did announce their bethrothal.. and decided to just have a civil ceremony lets say in Scotland before they move in together in Wales where Wills is stationed with the announcement that there will be a full church wedding perhaps in 2013? Would that put any child in line for the throne?

Reading through these forums I read of a couple that were wed for years by civil and did religious ceremony years later.. just can't remember the names offhand.

Closed Thread