William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William is the popular face of the royals with the future monarchy on his shoulders

It was in late 2006 that department store Woolworths first prepared souvenir plates, mugs and tea towels in anticipation of William's engagement to his university sweetheart, Kate Middleton.

The pictures of the couple used on those commemorative items are amusingly out of date. And not only is the engagement still eagerly anticipated, but Woolworths has since gone bust in Britain.

Observers may interpret William's reluctance to commit to marriage as a sign of fear stemming from his parents' tumultuous relationship. But friends say it is a case of a young man with a strong will, determined to set his path. The same trait can be seen in his career choice.

Read more: Prince William is the popular face of the royals with the future monarchy on his shoulders | Herald Sun

Prince William is the popular face of the royals with the future monarchy on his shoulders

Read more: Prince William is the popular face of the royals with the future monarchy on his shoulders | Herald Sun

That is a very good article that covers a whole lot of his life, interests etc with some very nice quotes.

One I liked was the one that said that he turns to his father for advice these days.

I do wish they had got the spelling of Louis right however - how hard is it to get the correct spelling of a person's name especially considering just who the name is to honour - Louis Mountbatten - the often forgotten commander of Allied forces in South-East Asia - a position equivalent to Eisenhower in Western Europe and McArthur in the Pacific (but that is typical of Australia as it might mean having to acknowledge that the British also fought the Japanese in WWII and that it wasn't just the Aussies who beat them with a bit of help from the Americans!!!)

This is very interesting, I wonder which invitation from the Queen Kate Middleton is going to refuse next?
The postal services have been on strike so this year´s batch just might have been delayed. Never mind they will do for next year.

This is very interesting, I wonder which invitation from the Queen Kate Middleton is going to refuse next?
The postal services have been on strike so this year´s batch just might have been delayed. Never mind they will do for next year.

Maybe The Queens 84th in April, or Trooping of the Colour or Ascot perhaps. :)
I don't think Kate would have recieved invites through the post, they would of been verbal or a hand delievered invite.

Those icy roads are treacherous you know..... perhaps the invitations are clutched in the icy hand of someone being dug out right this moment...

:previous: :lol:

So she didn't have tea with the Queen afterall. Shocking. I doubt William was at her house in Buckleberry either. Otherwise you can bet your bottom dollar the press would've taken pictures of his car, like they did last year.
Perhaps William got stuck in the icy snow somewhere and needed to be dug out. :lol:

To me Kate Middleton is just like one big question mark. Like WHO is this girl really? No one really knows much about her like her personality, likes, dislikes, interests. I think part of the people aren't sure about whether she's right for William is because they don't know what to think of her. On the one hand there is speculation that she's just a princess in waiting and will keep on waiting for an official engagement. On the other there is speculation that she and William are right for one another and are deeply in love and just choosing not to rush things. Does this girl even have a job? Maybe it doesn't matter whether she has a job or not if she is expecting an engagement because once she's a princess its not like she'll have time for it.

I know its expected that once a couple have been dating for several years that its time to role out the engagement announcement but who says he has to? He's a young man in his 20's who has his whole life ahead of him. Why rush to get settled down?

To me Kate Middleton is just like one big question mark. Like WHO is this girl really? No one really knows much about her like her personality, likes, dislikes, interests. I think part of the people aren't sure about whether she's right for William is because they don't know what to think of her. On the one hand there is speculation that she's just a princess in waiting and will keep on waiting for an official engagement. On the other there is speculation that she and William are right for one another and are deeply in love and just choosing not to rush things. Does this girl even have a job? Maybe it doesn't matter whether she has a job or not if she is expecting an engagement because once she's a princess its not like she'll have time for it.

I know its expected that once a couple have been dating for several years that its time to role out the engagement announcement but who says he has to? He's a young man in his 20's who has his whole life ahead of him. Why rush to get settled down?

She does have a job - she works for her parents in their mail order company Party Pieces.

We don't really know that much about William either but they both seem quiet and reserved - I don't know if that is a good match for both of them to be that way but...

William will be 28 this year and is getting up their but more importantly she has just turned 28 and her primary duty on marriage is to have babies so even though he has plenty of time it's not quite so cut and dried for Kate. Yes I know that many woman have babies and even their first in their 30s but each advancing year reduces slightly her ability to have children. It also means that the chance of having a couple of years together as a married couple will be harder than if they were married now for instance.

I don't know if they will ever marry, of course, but I don't see an annoucement any time soon (so watch the annoucement take place as soon as William returns to Britain). I do still have a sneaky feeling that William won't marry at all, particularly if Harry or even Beatrice beat him to the altar and has a child that could be the eventual heir. As soon as the Queen has a great-grandchild the pressure will be off.

On the "why rush to get settled down" question......yes of course as a man, he can sit back if he chooses and take all the time and years he wants.......look at Albert of Monaco, skidding towards his pension and still never up the aisle !!! However, a woman if she has a family on her mind CAN'T sit back for years and years....the old biological clock starts ticking very loudly. Everything is set in place behind the scenes for the big wedding for William and Kate or she simply would not still be with him at this stage. It would be an untenable situation.

As for all the rest.... of course we don't know anything about her....give them credit they have managed to keep themselves more or less very private, and simply get on with their relationship without a frenzy of interest. The MOMENT that ring goes on her finger......the frenzy begins...and you can't turn it off. They are probably relishing these years of peace and quiet and bracing themselves for the scrutiny and attention that is to come.

If William waits forever, and he wants to marry a woman of his own age, and not someone half his age, he may want to hurry up. Say he decides he wants to marry at 40+ woman that age are unlikely to get pregnant naturallly. :ermm:

On the "why rush to get settled down" question......yes of course as a man, he can sit back if he chooses and take all the time and years he wants.......look at Albert of Monaco, skidding towards his pension and still never up the aisle !!! However, a woman if she has a family on her mind CAN'T sit back for years and years....the old biological clock starts ticking very loudly. Everything is set in place behind the scenes for the big wedding for William and Kate or she simply would not still be with him at this stage. It would be an untenable situation.

As for all the rest.... of course we don't know anything about her....give them credit they have managed to keep themselves more or less very private, and simply get on with their relationship without a frenzy of interest. The MOMENT that ring goes on her finger......the frenzy begins...and you can't turn it off. They are probably relishing these years of peace and quiet and bracing themselves for the scrutiny and attention that is to come.

You may be right that 'everything is set in place behind the scenes for the big wedding' but we really don't know that at all.

All the press reports keep saying 'birthday engagement, Valentine's Day engagement, etc etc' and have been for at least 5 years. Even the so called friends/sources keep being wrong about an annoucement which leads me to believe that as yet there is no actual engagement and no plans other than the very general plans permanently being updated for these sorts of things that someone finds out about and jumps to a conclusion rather than realise that these things are planned to the last detail and that the plans keep getting updated e.g. Diana's funeral was actually based on the plans in place for the Queen Mother's - with obvious adjustments to suit Diana but a lot of the plans for a major funeral already were in place.

Royal lawyers sue over pictures of Kate middleton play tennis..

Royal lawyers sue over pictures of Kate Middleton playing tennis | News?

I'm sorry but
1. I didn't think the royal lawyers covered for standing for Kate.
2. Does Kate have some boundary limit around her, saying the press can't come within a certain amount of yards to take pictures?
3. Is there a "yard" limit around this house she was in?

If not then I don't see why the royal lawyers should sue, Kate isn't a princess, she's just a girlfriend. She dating Prince William, as far as the press are concerned she's now public property.

I'm sorry but
1. I didn't think the royal lawyers covered for standing for Kate.
2. Does Kate have some boundary limit around her, saying the press can't come within a certain amount of yards to take pictures?
3. Is there a "yard" limit around this house she was in?

If not then I don't see why the royal lawyers should sue, Kate isn't a princess, she's just a girlfriend. She dating Prince William, as far as the press are concerned she's now public property.

The article in ES was actually quite carefully worded. Whilst the law firm acts for Hm and the PoW, it did not state that the firm was acting for HM or the PoW. The firm may well have been retained by Kate Middleton to act for her.

As regards whether it was an invasion of privacy, I am not very familiar with the legal position.

I disagree with the view that Kate is public property because she is dating PW - she does not have a public role at the moment and is entirely a private citizen, in my view.

I disagree with the view that Kate is public property because she is dating PW - she does not have a public role at the moment and is entirely a private citizen, in my view.

You may think this, but I don't think the press does.

Ok then let us give Kate a helicopter in advance. I do not know why they would sue after Diana is dead.Don't some pics come with the territory? I mean if Kate does not want them she can marry a dentist in the suburbs and not ever be photographed.British royalty whines about all this the most.
Rainier of Monaco was correct.
He said take as many pics as you want just do not publish the ones where I am possibly picking my nose.[ I am paraphrasing- it is not exact] I never once heard him complain of this being hounded jazz . It is always coming from the British lot. If Kate becomes betrothed then what? Can someone explain.

Ok then let us give Kate a helicopter in advance. I do not know why they would sue after Diana is dead.Don't some pics come with the territory? I mean if Kate does not want them she can marry a dentist in the suburbs and not ever be photographed.British royalty whines about all this the most.
Rainier of Monaco was correct.
He said take as many pics as you want just do not publish the ones where I am possibly picking my nose.[ I am paraphrasing- it is not exact] I never once heard him complain of this being hounded jazz . It is always coming from the British lot. If Kate becomes betrothed then what? Can someone explain.

Exactly, the press comes with the territory of being the girlfriend of Prince William.
When Kate gets engaged, she comes under the protection of the royal families, deals can be made in her favour. :)

Sorry she can not havee it her way all the time. The article stated the photographer was on public property, and why in heavens name would the Palace Attorney's get involved for a private citizen........she willingly dates a Prince, and usually goes places knowing she will get to see her pictures in the media, her previous actions are certainly not camera shy

It's invasion of privacy. It is one thing for Kate to be photographed whole she's out and about in London and another while she's spending time with her family during the holidays. She may be William's girlfriend but she's a private citizen with legal rights and one of those is the right to privacy. She has full legal rights to take action.

why in heavens name would the Palace Attorney's get involved for a private citizen........

She is a private citizen. The article said the Queen didn't want press intrusion of the royals and their friends at this holiday season. That is why the Palace Attorney is getting involved in my opinion.

I don't know if anyone else has felt the palace is getting around Prince William and his girlfriend more and more since the Queen told both to kept a lower profile. They know if they don't do it now, another situation like Diana and the press will happen. We know both princes don't want that because of what happen to their mother.

BTW-I think Prince William is concerned right now on the press and his relationship to royal duties not overshadowing his father's royal role.:);):)

Like any private citizen Kate has a right to a private life, particularly when having a holiday with her family.

Until there is a ring on her finger she is not a public person and has as much right to privacy as you or me.

The royals have also requested no pictures of them, taken from public places while they are on their private land, to be published.

If you are in your front yard doing something does that give the person next door the right, from the street to take your photo and put it in the local paper - I think not.

The British royals have had one member chased through the streets by the paparazzi to her death and are determined that that won't happen.

When they are on public duties they should be photographed but when doing private things they should be free to do them and that is virtually what the European Court ruled when Caroline of Monaco took some press to court over publishing photos of her with her daughter.

The title of the article is misleading. They are not "Royal lawyers" or a Palace Attorney for that matter. This law firm does not represent the royal family exclusively. Anybody can hire their services. I believe Kate hired them during her split with William against the papparazzi in 2007. It states in the article, "which acts for the Queen and Prince Charles", not "acting for", which just means the Queen and Prince use them as well, not that they are using them at this time. They're doing a bit of name dropping. I believe it's the Middletons who are supposedly retaining their services.

She is a private citizen. The article said the Queen didn't want press intrusion of the royals and their friends at this holiday season. That is why the Palace Attorney is getting involved in my opinion.
The Queen was speaking about her private property at Sandringham, not the Duchy of Cornwall properties which are commercial properties that are let out to the public.

I don't think the Royals have anything to do with this.

The title of the article is misleading. They are not "Royal lawyers" or a Palace Attorney for that matter. This law firm does not represent the royal family exclusively. Anybody can hire their services. I believe Kate hired them during her split with William against the papparazzi in 2007. It states in the article, "which acts for the Queen and Prince Charles", not "acting for", which just means the Queen and Prince use them as well, not that they are using them at this time. They're doing a bit of name dropping. I believe it's the Middletons who are supposedly retaining their services.

The Queen was speaking about her private property at Sandringham, not the Duchy of Cornwall properties which are commercial properties that are let out to the public.

I don't think the Royals have anything to do with this.

These Duchy of Cornwall properties are let out to the public but they are not public property anymore than a hotel's facilities are public. When a person rents/leases a property it becomes as much their private property as if they owned it and thus where Kate was was private property - the private property of the Duchy of Cornwall estate that can be rented by the public.

She wasn't photographed on public property. The photographer was on public property looking into private property (which is the very thing the Queen was saying - the paparazzi would be on public property but photograph the royals on their private property).

My point is the Queen was referring to her own private property (Sandringham) when she made the statement to the press previously about respecting their privacy. She was not referring to the Duchy of Cornwall properties and whoever lets (rents) them. This article is trying to link this so called incident with the royals. But if you read it carefully it doesn't really say the royals themselves are taking legal action. It just makes references to royalty.
This is a matter between the Middletons, the law firm they hire and the press. I don't believe the royal family is involved with it.

I think we are forgetting something.....everyone....whether they are the Queen, Kate Middleton, Joe Smith on the street is entitled to some facet of privacy.

That whole incident makes it clear, in a not-so-veiled way, that she is a soon to be princess.

I'm curious who her first solo interview will be with after their engagement...maybe Barbara Walters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom