The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy

anyone got a pic of the county home

Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
It makes sense.....Wales....he's William of Wales. If the two of them are looking to live together away from city living, and all the potential paparazzi intrusions, that could be a very good sign for them as a couple. Maybe they want to see how they do living together in a more "grown-up" environment.
Its not so much that but actually where he's been assigned to in SAR. If I remember right.. he's insisted on being treated just as any other guy while training. That's one thing I do admire about him.. He's ready now for the next step which is being a very active person in SAR.. and perhaps some other things too.

Although there is no "official" word... it does sound to me like the gears are getting oiled for one. I do see them getting married and settling in North Wales. The media will have a few months of frenzy and gabs of stuff to talk about for years.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
reread my post to you and in no way was I denigrating what you said. I just laughed because I pictured a bazillion paps heading to North Wales. Personally I'd hope they have enough sense to leave them alone.
I am not saying to stalk thembut they would be princess and prince and futurequeen and king soooooI don't think they going to be left alone .
Old 04-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Well firstly, away in their little nest, finally alone. Don´t make me and all England laugh.
How many security people etc. they will have to build a village round them. I think this is the funniest idea for ages and there have been some very funny ones. That Miss Middleton wants a discreet little house of her own to receive her gentelman caller, well that sounds reasonable.
Today´s DM has this article

Well it worked for Di: Kate Middleton takes style inspiration from Prince William's late mother | Mail Online

All I can say, is that she has tried, but sadly there is something missing, charisma perhaps it could be called.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Aristocracy

Girl no no is that a prom dress??? No wait my bad walmart she brought it at walmart! I am sorry but I wish they would stop compasions between miss kate and Princess Di! Di was a style icon Kate shops at target I've seen one thing I liked on her but back on topic everyone needs to know no one is going to leave them be never too famous too important.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As long as she dates William she will always be compared to Diana.
And i doubt she shops at Walmart and Target.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

with that dress could have fooled me
Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
with that dress could have fooled me
Then you haven't been to Wal-Mart or Target lately... Last time I checked, neither carries anything remotely close to evening or prom wear.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dress - there are some nice points, like the satin ribbon wrapped around the waist, but I don't care for the gathering at the top of the bodice before it meets the neck strap/band. I rather like Diana's more but I might change my mind if Kate wore her hair up so one could see the entire bodice.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Courtier

I'm afraid I'm losing interest in the British RF, not that my opinions and support matter. I hardly visit their site except now because I thought there was already an announcement so the best place to look for would be here. What is Kate planning to do with her career? It seems to me that she doesn't have one at the moment.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:08 AM
Majesty

I agree that the dress isn't cheap looking.
I think it is lovely and shows just what a great girl Kate is - classy and confident.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Majesty

Kate works for her parents and that seems to be her career. They run a mail-order/internet party business from home where she lives.

Some people say that she doesn't do anything but unless they are inside the home all the time and see who is doing the work for the business and see that it isn't Kate then they really don't know what she is doing.

As for loosing interest in the BRF that is your decision. I don't find any of the others interesting at all and rarely visit any of the other fora. I think that is one of the things that makes this board interesting - the different people and their different interests about royalty.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The dress looks stunning and nothing like a cheap tacky prom dress.

William doesn't pay for her dresses, just because she's dating him doesn't mean she sponges of him.
You want her to wear a dress costing a million pounds? Then she'll be accused of showing off.
£2000 is quite expensive.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Gentry

People.co.uk - PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON ABBEY EVER AFTER

This is the latest, and having been one of those who REALLY thought the June/November rumour had a massive ring of truth to it, I have to step back and admit that as quoted in this article, the idea of William and Kate marrying on a damp November day is just not on. So.... Westminster Abbey in August 2011 it is...... at least until the next article appears.

Ohhh that would give plenty of time for Zara to get on and announce things and marry say.... next April or May !! Have it neatly out of the way before the BIG ONE ! Everyone happy... that sounds like a plan LOL.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Majesty

I agree that a summer wedding would be the right for William but I am not sure that Zara will marry before the 2012 Olympics as she wants to compete and a wedding may impact her preparations for that event. In addition the Rugby World Cup is next year and I am sure that Mike is still hopeful (although I am not quite so convinced as a follower of the sport) that he might just make the English team (yes, in this sport the English not the British team).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I agree that a summer wedding would be the right for William but I am not sure that Zara will marry before the 2012 Olympics as she wants to compete and a wedding may impact her preparations for that event.
Zara and Mike are as good as married. They have already bought the house and are living in it..... all thats left is the ceremony which will be low key publicity wise, on a par with her brother's, so I don't see how a wedding which, is, lets face it one day out of your life to dress up and have a party after, could possibly affect her preparations for the olympics a whole year later. Remains to be seen though I suppose. Each day brings new rumours and new theories.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Majesty

That one day takes a lot of preparation and then there is the honeymoon, which Mike couldn't afford to take away from training next year if he wants to make the England squad for the September World Cup and after that the concentration would be on the Olympics for Zara. Zara isn't the only international sportsperson in that relationship and Mike will need to be very good to get back into the England squad but I don't think he has ruled that out - but for him to do so he simply couldn't take time out of his training regime. Just to make sure you understand the time frame the Rugby World Cup is scheduled for September 2011 in New Zealand.

To you and me it might only seem like one day but I have known quite a number of Olympic athletes who have postponed marriage for two or even four years due to upcoming Olympics and many others simply wait until they have retired fully because of the planning etc that takes them away from their focus and they weren't the granddaughter of the monarch - just ordinary people who had an extraordinary talent for running or swimming.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Gentry

Very true. Its not some local sports event, its the Olympics. I think sometimes we regular people forget the effort and training that is required to be top of your game in your chosen sport.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

£2,000 is not cheap. She's not a gold digger. She doesn't have a high-paying job, so if she were to suddenly start walking around in expensive designer clothes, they'd know exactly who paid for said clothes, and then she'd get accused of only being with William for his money. Which would effectively end their relationship because I can't see him wanting to stay with someone who is using him.

For Kate and whatever income she does have, £2,000 is probably a lot of money to spend on one dress.

I'm just saying if you think £2,000 is cheap, you're either extremely rich or have no idea what things cost relative to how much you have to spend. You know for some of us, 2000 of any currency is a lot of money to spend on something.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

Well kate isn't like us so i dont measure her the same
Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is she not like us? She's not a royal, she's not a celebrity in that she's not a musician, actor, athlete or artist and she's not an heiress. She is quite literally the girl next door, who just so happens to be dating a Prince. That's the only thing that makes her different from you and I.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "