William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that she needs a new make-up look. The dark eyeliner doesn't do her any favours. Perhaps some more colour is in order. This is in no means Kate-bashing. Everyone who regularly visits this thread knows that I think well of Kate.:flowers:

What's the big deal?? I actually think her hair and hat looks nice. The dress almost looks like a spring coat though. I think the problem with Kate is that she's just plain. Even with the nicest dress and hat on she looks plain.

I believe that's the same coat that she wore to a wedding another summer, but her hat was a feathery concoction then. She looked really beautiful on that other occasion.:flowers:

What's the big deal?? I actually think her hair and hat looks nice. The dress almost looks like a spring coat though. I think the problem with Kate is that she's just plain. Even with the nicest dress and hat on she looks plain.

That could be an engagement, or it could mean that she's doing this as a completely independent woman, i.e. breakup.

I doubt a break-up is in the future. If Kate is getting involved in charities, then its likely she is preparing for a royal role. If she were doing this independently because a break-up is near, I would think she would get a full time job somewhere in order to be an independent woman.

I would love to see these two married, so I hope this is an indication that an engagement is forthcoming. That said, I hope William and Kate don't decide to get married just because everyone and their brother is hoping for it.

I agree I don't think a break-up is coming at all.... my opinion is the announcement will be coming some time soon, hopefully sooner then later..... as it gets so tiresome waiting for the announcement...at least for me .... oh well back to real life happy posting every one....

Kate wore the same champagane brocade coat that she first wore to Laura P.B's wedding in 2006 but this time she wore underneath a black dress and accesorised with the black veiled hat from the Kelly/Phillip's 2008 wedding and a pair of simple black pumps - in my opinion it is abit of a mish mash outfit all the original aspects by themselves are fine but together it doesnt work

Quite a few of William and Kate's friends are due to marry this summer which will leave them as one of the last couples in their social circle - but i dont think an announcement will come until the end of the year at the earliest.

I doubt it.
There were unconfirmed reports that Diana was checked to see that she was a virgin but that won't be happening now of course.
Even if Kate passed a fertility test what about William?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Kate have to do a fertility test before becoming engaged?

They do that still? There are a lot of reasons a couple may remain childless, infertility is one of them. The BRF can't possibly plan for them all.

If Kate couldn't produce a child and they decide to go with surrogacy and it's successful would that child be inherit the throne or no? I know if the child is adopted he/she does not get succession rights.

No.
The child has to be the legitimate child of the parents and a surrogate child has a different mother to the one to whom the king is born. They could change the law to allow William's child carried by another woman to inherit but the child wasn't actually born within the marriage of William and his wife so that child, like an adopted child, would have no succession rights or rights to titles, HRH etc.

What if they used Kate's eggs? As in, she was fertile but unable to carry a child?

For the record, I don't believe that a breakup is coming. If the report is true that Kate plans to become more involved with charity work in the fall, I think that this is a sign that an engagement is in the offing. The information is given in such a way as to suggest that Kate is letting people know that she's available for charity work.

I agree I don't think a break-up is coming at all.... my opinion is the announcement will be coming some time soon, hopefully sooner then later..... as it gets so tiresome waiting for the announcement...at least for me .... oh well back to real life happy posting every one....

Is Will going to be the head of the Christian church? And if so does he have to abided by Christian values and way of life?

If William becomes King, he will be the Defender of the Faith. The "faith" is the Church of England. I would hope that he lives by Christian values, because the Coronation is a Christian service. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the actual Head of the Church of England.

William will be the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. He will therefore be the head of the church although the Archbishop is the spiritual head. Of course the monarch will have to operate with the advice of the PM, meaning that the PM approves new bishops etc.

If the CofE became a disestablished church a lot of this overlap would disappear.

He will be Supreme Governor of one denomination of the Christian Church - the Church of England. He will have no say over the teachings, practices etc of any other Christian denomination such as Roman Catholic or Russian Orthodox.

I don´t believe that the sight of a ring by someone unnamed and published in a tabloid means, she, Kate Middleton is engaged.
Also I believe, no wrong interpretation here, IMO she needs to see to her hair if she aspires to being royal, if she doesn´t then fine.

Waity Katie increasing public profile in preparation for Royal engagement | Mail Online

Yesterday the Mail on Sunday revealed that Miss Middleton had danced to a song featuring the lyrics 'to sit on my throne' at a West End nightclub last week.
She waved her arms as friends sang along to the theme tune to the 1990s TV comedy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: 'Looked to my kingdom I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air'.

Two of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard. :bang:

The idea that someone they don't know, will never know and will never even meet could potentially marry someone they don't like....especially when they're not even from England, is not only hilarious but sad.
Grammatical incoherence notwithstanding, I get that you mean disapproving of someone you've never met is sad?
How is it sadder than liking, defending or rooting for someone you've never met? The time and energy you spend on defending a stranger might also appear comical to some.

90% of the exchange going on here can only be described as futile and light-weight. There is no need to get holier-than-thou or disparage those with differing opinions.
Kate Middleton prepares for her role as a charitable princess - Telegraph

Mandrake hears that the 28-year-old graduate has let it be known that she will be available to attend events for a number of charities from the autumn. "Kate's name is already down for certain events," says a royal courtier. "She will take a higher profile before the engagement is announced."
The way this is written makes it sounds like standard socialite fare. I fail to see how this constitute any shift in her behavior since showing up at charity parties and balls is what she's been doing for years.

I'm very ambivalent about charity parties.
Let's face it: those 'let's banquet for the starving children of Africa' extravaganzas are utterly self-serving. It's just an excuse some people use to party with a good conscience. True philanthropists don't need a five course meal and a picture in a glossy magazine to sign a check.

Of course, the benefiting charities don't care where the money come from or what is the motivation of their benefactors so either way they win, but my point is that if this article is true and this increased interest in charity is meant as an image booster, I hope for Kate's sake that she will dirty her hands with real charity work rather than just showing up at parties in pretty dresses.
If it's going to be the kind of charity endeavour that ends up with her gyrating in a nightclub, I fail to see how that will improve her image.

The charities won't see the difference, but the British public will.

Waity Katie increasing public profile in preparation for Royal engagement | Mail Online

Yesterday the Mail on Sunday revealed that Miss Middleton had danced to a song featuring the lyrics 'to sit on my throne' at a West End nightclub last week.
She waved her arms as friends sang along to the theme tune to the 1990s TV comedy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: 'Looked to my kingdom I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air'.

Two of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard. :bang:
Finally we agree on something. :D

Iluv, in my occupation quite a lot of time is spent in translation and often I act as interpreter in more than one foreign language,in my opinion the greatest danger for an interpreter is to put his/her own interpretation into what is being said. It is to be avoided at all costs. We must trust that the VIP and sometimes what I call a VVIP knows what he/she is talking about.

Now for goodness´ sake can we get back to the ring?

Yes, enough about 'interpretation'.
The earlier circular exchange between three posters has been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

...I hope for Kate's sake that she will dirty her hands with real charity work rather than just showing up at parties in pretty dresses.
I agree with this. If all that Kate does is attend charity parties, it only will show she doesn't actually care for a certain cause. It will also fuel speculation that she only wants to marry William for the sake of a tiara.

^^
Imo the problem is that she has started quite late with her career. I think that she never wanted to be a career woman and she only went to college because she wanted higher education not to get a job.

...True philanthropists don't need a five course meal and a picture in a glossy magazine to sign a check.
And don't forget that in America, they can write that off on their taxes. So! The ladies a la Lynn Wyatt, get to look lovely and the Oscar Wyatt's who have to drag themselves to these affairs can clip the coupon.
Russo loves a good charity party, btw! Gives her a chance to catch up with friends.

I think that she needs a new make-up look.
I agree. I think a new makeover will work wonders on Kate. I'm not saying shes ugly, but she does need a new look that will enhance her beauty and features. She's tall with a nice figure, but I don't think she really knows how to dress for her body type. Which is probably why people are constantly bashing her for what she wears:).

Also, lets not leave William out. He needs a makeover himself. He should either get a haircut or go bald soon:flowers:.

What I see is a man very comfortable in his own skin which is why he doesn't do these things. He isn't hung up on appearance or insecure because of it. I think it is wonderful that he doesn't do these things but is prepared to let nature take its course.

about the rumour that two dates, june 3 and 4th, have been blocked out of the royal family's calender, has such a thing ever happened in the past years?

The fact is that the dates haven't been blocked out. Charles, The Queen and Philip have engagements scheduled for at least one of those days and William has scheduled training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom