The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
This casue point is William can't have it both ways ok he's a prince thats going to be King so he can expect public opinion on his bride ... and no ones going to leave them be becasue well its quite fun to nosey in others buisness and when your living on tax payer money or your going to be then your just more of a target.

As William doesn't live on taxpayer's money (other than his RAF pay but I don't see all the other AirForce personnel being subjected to this sort of scrutiny so that doesn't apply, by your argument we have no right to actually scrutinise or concern ourselves with his life at all.

William is supported by his father from the Duchy of Cornwall estate which provides the income for the Duke of Cornwall. It isn't taxpayers money but an income from a private estate in the same way that say Earl Spencer gets his income from the Althorp estate.

Taxpayers pay for his security but not for his other expenses and these police officers would be being paid anyway. This is just their assigned duty. Not having security wouldn't save the taxpayers anything as they would be deployed elsewhere.

There are only two people who get paid from the Civil List - The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. Any other payments that are made, due to past agreements, are repaid by the Queen from her private income. The only other moneys the royals get from the government is to cover the expenses of their official duties e.g. when Charles went to Eastern Europe to represent the government the government picked up the expenses bill just as it would if it had been a politician or other diplomat.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Sorry, this is the only thing on this thread that you have said that I agree with .... William is a public figure and even though Kate is not as of yet she should know that her pictrue will be taken at every chance there is. My opinion is that this is why they are not married as of yet... He is trying to keep her tucked away as long as possilbe because he knows as soon as there is a ring it is all over as far as the press goes,,,,
FINALLY sum1 who isn't all pay them but don't take thier picture or take it only when they want you too.Look if sum 1 daqted a fmous person in the states (where I am) at they would be in the same boat as kate so no one do the whole she jus Wills gf

Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As William doesn't live on taxpayer's money...
No offense I said will be if not aready so when Wills is King no one will be paying his taxes right! And if this wasn't that much money as you say why do the british public want to get rid of the BRF???
Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
PLEASE IF HE LOVE HER SO FREAKIN MUCH MARRY HER!!!!! AND NO WE WON'T LEAVE THYEM ALONE BECAUSE THEY ARE PUBLIC FIGURES THE SCHOOL DAYS ARE OVER !!!!!!AND F.Y.I GUYS CAN LOVE SOMEONE AND NOT BE IN LOVE ENOUGH TO MARRY THEM! Srry bout the caps

I'm sorry, but you are getting far too worked up about this. Caps lock is the equivalent of screaming at people and that's not necessary. People disagree with you which is fine, but you're coming back at them like you're being personally offended by those disagreements.

My parents dated for 6 years before they got married. My best friend dated her husband for 10 years before they got married. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her fiance have been together for nearly as long as William and Kate and are getting married in two months.

I think you need to take a step back and realize that sometimes couples are together for a long time before they get married and it doesn't mean that either person doesn't love the other. Just because William and Kate are not married doesn't mean they don't love each other or that they don't want to get married or that anything is going on.

Also, all the nicknames you have for Kate are really rude.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Majesty

I don't think that the British public want to get rid of the BRF. There always seems to be interest in a large Royal occasion, whether it's a celebration or a funeral. There are those who are negative about everything and like to see the "high and mighty" brought down, and perhaps these people are represented in newspaper feedback that we read.

The Queen pays tax. William will pay tax as well unless there's a change in policy.

Quote:
No offense I said will be if not aready so when Wills is King no one will be paying his taxes right! And if this wasn't that much money as you say why do the british public want to get rid of the BRF???
Old 04-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
PLEASE IF HE LOVE HER SO FREAKIN MUCH MARRY HER!!!!! AND NO WE WON'T LEAVE THYEM ALONE BECAUSE THEY ARE PUBLIC FIGURES THE SCHOOL DAYS ARE OVER !!!!!!AND F.Y.I GUYS CAN LOVE SOMEONE AND NOT BE IN LOVE ENOUGH TO MARRY THEM! Srry bout the caps
I would honestly think that anyone that knows even the smallest amount of information about Prince William would realize the profound effect the events concerning his mother's death would have had on a young teenaged prince.

I honestly believe that's one reason why William is such a private person and I believe Kate deeply respects these feelings and has kept a very low profile also and they most likely will for the rest of their lives.

Just because someone is as you say a "public figure" does not give anyone the right to know all and sunder about what goes on in their private lives.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Majesty

What attention? We hardly ever see her!

Quote:
Starting to belive kate likes this attention! .
Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Thank you, Warren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Guys, the tone and content is becoming a touch bitchy.
Let's not go down that path.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Majesty

I think that William is made of sterner stuff than that.

QUOTE=Wisteria;1068087]My only hope is that Prince William won´t feel obligated to enter into what could be (or perhaps not be) an unsuitable marriage just to satisfy a gaggle of excited people who just want to ooh and aah at a royal wedding on the TV or passing in the street and fill the forum with details of her dress and shoes.

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

1st of all the cap were by mistake and i was too lazy to go back also if you read at the bottom it said I said sorry. and second i am not going after anyone and I have one nickname for kate which is what the press has called and ok maybe I switch it around but still... if I was being rude she doesn't know nor will she read this so no harm done and you have the right to your opinion and I am not changing mine as I said eariler.And as long as people replying to this thread ill do the same . And for the reply saying the british don't want to get rid of the BRF if they don't why are having protest??? Maybe I don't under stand much since I am American and we don'/t pay for people who shake hands as a living
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The majority of the British public do NOT want to get rid of the royal family.

When some complain about how much it costs they do so out of ignorance about how much is spent and who is actually paid by the taxpayers - only the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

The rest are supported either directly by the Queen from the Duchy of Lancaster estate or by Charles from the Duchy of Cornwall estate.

Both the Queen and Charles also pay taxes on that income.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Nobility

I am almost starting to wonder if the comments Will made in January weren't just to get people to be quiet. He probably wait until at least 2011 to get engaged and maybe wait a year or two to get married. I do hope it works out for the two of them, but I have seen people who have been together for years break up nd never get married. Look at Prince Carl Phillip and his girlfriend. Sad but true. It almost makes up wonder if the time together wasn't wasted.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Aristocracy

i liked Prince Carl gf.But your right this is one of the many examples of the man not wanting to marry the girl to begin with.And no one can say the press was pressing Prince Carl.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
i liked Prince Carl gf.But your right this is one of the many examples of the man not wanting to marry the girl to begin with.And no one can say the press was pressing Prince Carl.

You don't know that. No one knows that. You shouldn't pass speculation off as fact. No one knows why Carl Philip and Emma broke up, nor do we know why William and Kate aren't engaged yet. We're not supposed to be privy to those things, as it's none of our concern.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Nobility

I just really hope we don't have to wait too long before there is an engagement announcement at least. I have had alot of patience with these two but it's wearing thin. I still love them both though. I would just appreciate it if they moved the show along just a bit.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think everyone would like to see that, since it feels like we've known William since he was a baby. It's kind of like watching someone you've known all your life grow up and go through life. I would love to see William and his brother get married, but as we've seen with royals in his own family......he should get married on his own time, when he and Kate (if that's who he marries) feel like, and not a moment sooner.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't know how the wind looks but still .... it there and it called the royalforum ok and please stop trying to boss me if you don't like my opinion go on to the next person cause your making this dramatic and your the one coming at me.F.Y.I I never said it was fact I said my opinion.

I don't understand what you're saying. I was responding to something you've said, the same as what everyone else in this thread has done with other people that have posted. I'm not "bossing" you around, nor am I instructing you to do anything.

What I said was, you don't know why Carl Philip and Emma broke up, the same as I don't. And neither of us know why William and Kate are not married at the present. So you shouldn't say you do know, when you don't. That would be like me saying I know what you ate for dinner, when I don't know you and clearly have no idea what you ate for dinner, yet insisting that I know you had pizza anyway.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Nobility

I just wish the pres would stop printing the hundreds of articles about when they will be engaged. You almost can find any other info on the web about the british monarchy except engagement stories.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well yeah, I agree. They could find something more worthwhile to talk about, but this kind of stuff sells. The average consumer would be more likely to buy a magazine/paper with an article about a rumored engagement than say, an article about the Queen opening an exhibit somewhere.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

William shouldn't marry Kate just to keep the press from running stories about when or if they'll get married sometime in the next decade. He shouldn't dump her for that either, because that'll make him look like a cad, and hardly the image he wants people to have of him.

Closed Thread