The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Those darned hot pants'll getcha everytime!

Anybody know how many languages Kate speaks? Just curious.
Can't be more than 37, right?!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Look no one takin bad bout katie the waity the fact is that any man that hasn't married you in I don't knw three years isn't going to william and the queen knows that kate doesn't have what it takes to be queen! Otherwise thedy would have been married! And camillaactually did charities before she married the prince of wales.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Look no one takin bad bout katie the waity the fact is that any man that hasn't married you in I don't knw three years isn't going to william and the queen knows that kate doesn't have what it takes to be queen! Otherwise thedy would have been married! And camillaactually did charities before she married the prince of wales.

I think it's rather presumptuous to say you know what William and/or the Queen think about anything, including Kate. The truth is we DON'T know what goes through any of their heads, about anything, on any given day. William has said he doesn't see himself marrying before he's 30, and since the two of us are two weeks apart in age, that means he's got 2 years to go.

Not everyone dates for 3 months and then gets hitched. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her fiance Daniel have been together nearly as long as William and Kate have been, and they're getting married. So yeah, long relationships don't always mean that neither party doesn't want to get married to the other.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Courtier

I am sorry to say I believe it is presumptuous to say that we are presumptuous as some posters on this forum have probably never been closer to any royal than turning a magazine page so talking about any of them is presumption and of course this thread is called rumours and musings.
Prince William and Kate seem to have already been hitched, but not married. One of my doubts about William is exactly the point that you have mentioned, so far he
hasnīt put his foot down and said Kate is non negotiable as a few royals have done lately. Perhaps he doesnīt want to marry her, and if he doesnīt it has nothing to do with anyone else but himself, if Kate is willing to accept the role of royal confidante then everything is fine, perhaps her family will be a bit disappointed and I am fairly confidant that if Kate were asked to be a Princess she would be over the moon, with her family jumping right behind her.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Aristocracy

Look the point is that kate has no ring.And and who cares if we've never meant a royal???? we are voicing our opinion ok and if you don't like it stop reading! Kate is becoming a joke it's not like she's 21 and he's goin on 30! Her time is ticking and everyone knows it! I wish William would dump her!I hope Wills isn't turing into a Prince Albert
Old 04-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Look the point is that kate has no ring.And and who cares if we've never meant a royal???? we are voicing our opinion ok and if you don't like it stop reading! Kate is becoming a joke it's not like she's 21 and he's goin on 30! Her time is ticking and everyone knows it! I wish William would dump her!I hope Wills isn't turing into a Prince Albert
Are you seriously comparing Prince Albert of Monaco, at 52 with Prince William, aged 27?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Courtier

She just meant that he may become like Prince Albert if he keeps this up.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Well, let's see what facts we have regarding miss Middleton...
great post, you voiced you opinion (and mine!) very well indeed!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
great port, you voiced you opinion (and mine!) very well indeed!
Its certainly a collage that can be painted selecting bits from all the tabloid fodder out there.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Courtier

All data about when she graduated, when she started rowing training etc etc can be verified by going through fairly reliable magazines such as "Hello" etc. No one can deny that she was training on those days, she posed for pictures! No one can deny her going to certain parties (she has been seen going in and coming out, and there are photographs with dates and time as proof).
I'm curious to see how the paparazzi missed taking pictures of her doing anything "substantial". If we cannot conclusively say she does "nothing", then we cannot conclusively say that she "does substantial work for her parents". Therefore we will interpret the "social pictures" the way our common sense allows us to. Others can do so the way their common (and visionary) senses allow them to. Disagree however much you will, we are all free to state our opinions and speculations, and our interpretations of news that everyone reads.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conny View Post
Royalsmartie. Kate isnīt royal. She is only Williams girlfriend. But boring, yes.
Royalsmartie wrote "royal to be"

Anyway if Kate stepped up her charity work the press would have a field day, that would be an automatic sign that she was nearer to being a royal wife.
Yes she has done lots of charity work in the past, and to say stop going on holiday and do charity work, she's been on one holiday this year, skiing and before that it was last August.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Perhaps we should start calling these little "outings" breaks, as her life seems to be one long holiday at least to other people who work for their living.
I am afraid that I agree completely with Royalsmartie, I hope he "dumps" her and finds someone more suitable. It is true lumutqueen she isnīt royal, she is a royal "wannabe".
She has done a lot of charity work in the past you say, can you let us in on this, I canīt remember anything except the skating rink and the canoe almost ride. Anyway why should she do charity work, work would be enough to start her off on the right path.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Guys, the tone and content is becoming a touch bitchy.
Let's not go down that path.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Are they already married?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Nobility

That 'might' be hard to keep a secret for long. I believe it [marriage] tends to have official documentation as a by-product, amongst other things, this can therefore be traced. If any "Journo" worth 'their salt' was 'on the case' then I believe it would be found out sooner than later.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
That 'might' be hard to keep a secret for long. I believe it [marriage] tends to have official documentation as a by-product, amongst other things, this can therefore be traced. If any "Journo" worth 'their salt' was 'on the case' then I believe it would be found out sooner than later.
It was a joke
Old 04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
If Camilla can fit in both with the BRF and the British public with no particular problem, there is no reason why Kate, who is better educated, has more experience of the real world and despite the ongoing criticism about her lack of direction has much (much) better PR, can't.
I am certain that the moment an engagement is announced, Kate will become an overnight sensation internationally. Media will make a big deal about her and I can't imagine she will have many problems taking on the role. And like you say, with her education, she should have no problems speaking and charming people...coupled with being young and beautiful.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
...calling those who disagree with your views 'fools' is plain rude.
Let's set this one straight. Charlotte1 did not refer to any member as a "fool". She used the common and general English language expression "more fool those" in reference to those who believe rumours and to those who believe everything they read.

Within both the context and positioning of the term in the post it is obviously meant in a general way. This may not be evident to some members unfamilar with the usage of such expressions.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

If I were Kate, I would be saying, put a ring on it or I'm out of here. Am I going to be your play thing forever?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

It is possible that Kate and William have discussed marriage and that she is the one who wants to wait. Or they might both want to wait. They might both be happy as larks with the situation as it is, and be putting off marriage and the boring public stuff that comes with it for as long as possible.