William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lady Ann...I think she was on another one as well.

I think the other one was back in December 2006 when the media was expecting an engagement at any moment. Then they were on the cover's sidebar when they split in April 2007.

Did Fergie actually give this advice directly to Kate or was she just saying this because of what she's heard????

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they keep recycling the same old story. Either way, I don't think we'll hear an announcement soon - definitely not during this summer. :cool:

Did Fergie actually give this advice directly to Kate or was she just saying this because of what she's heard????

Im not sure, sounds like she was giving a quote to someone and they published it ...profound..if it was a direct advice to Kate....right:ermm:

People magazine adored Diana. She was on the cover constantly. I bet they hope Kate
catches the interest of the American public.

People magazine adored Diana. She was on the cover constantly. I bet they hope Kate
catches the interest of the American public.

I think that if/when Kate marries William these folks are going to find out they will NOT have another Diana type icon to splash on their covers. As much as I do believe that once the wedding is past that Kate will be very admired by both the press and the public, I can also see her continuing to keep a very low profile and out of the public eye except for royal duties and such where they will be able to get their fill.

people magazine adored diana. She was on the cover constantly. I bet they hope kate
catches the interest of the american public.

you are so right, she (diana) had to grace the cover of people like 20 some odd times...maybe they are hoping kate will do the same....;)

When she does more and says more then her profile will grow, her story of being a "commoner" rather than an aristocrat will translate well...

Will Kate become queen of england? I am asking because the current queens husband is the duke... does this mean William will be king and Kate a duchess?

Will Kate become queen of england? I am asking because the current queens husband is the duke... does this mean William will be king and Kate a duchess?

Yes, she will. The woman takes her style from that of her husband, so if she marries William and he ascends the throne, she'll be HM Queen Katherine.

Besides, the Queen's husband's full name is HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He's a royal prince by blood and a royal duke by marriage, as his father-in-law named him the Duke of Edinburgh upon his marriage to Elizabeth. So he's a prince and a duke. The same as Charles is a Prince and a Duke and Andrew is a Prince and a Duke.

I doubt People magazine has any info. It's just funny to see them play guess all the while proclaiming her the next princess :lol: Only time will tell. She seems like a nice girl regardless if it works out.

I doubt People magazine has any info. It's just funny to see them play guess all the while proclaiming her the next princess :lol: Only time will tell. She seems like a nice girl regardless if it works out.

I was about to post this after just seeing it on E! about something else. This is ridiculous!

you are so right, she (diana) had to grace the cover of people like 20 some odd times...maybe they are hoping kate will do the same....;)

With the song "Money, Money, Money..." playing in my head :whistling:

i'm really sorry but i really don't have warm feelings for kate....i hope she really is a nice girl and will be a good queen someday

Perhaps they're using Tina Brown's report about the "blocked out" June 3 and 4th as a source?

Then they must know something we don't. Because why waste money on something that might not even happen. :ermm:

HM Queen Elizabeth is alive and well and with luck will surpass the age of her mother.
God Save the Queen and the British people from all "would be queens" the present real queen is, in my opinion, a perfect model for what a Queen should be.
One part of the "People" article that really amused me was Sarah Ferguson giving marital advice..... We have "What not to Wear" so why not a "What not to Do".

Of course The Queen has a different role to play to that of a future Queen Camilla or Queen Katherine or...
The Queen is the monarch and therefore has all the responsibility. She doesn't just have to look good.
Any spouse of Charles, William and other kings have to look good and support their husbands but they really don't have any responsibility beyond that.

Quite right, though history has shown there have been very successful Queen consorts who have been willing to utilise their position very successfully and carve out a niche for themselves. We have to look no further than the last Queen Consort, QEQM!

HM Queen Elizabeth is alive and well and with luck will surpass the age of her mother.
God Save the Queen and the British people from all "would be queens" the present real queen is, in my opinion, a perfect model for what a Queen should be.
One part of the "People" article that really amused me was Sarah Ferguson giving marital advice..... We have "What not to Wear" so why not a "What not to Do".

Well said Wisteria! :flowers: Unless Sarah wants to destroy Kate's marriage career... Joking! :D

As to the Queen, sometimes I wonder how difficult will be the comparison between Her Majesty and the one that will become Queen after her (whether this will be Camilla or Kate or whoever). IMO, if Q.Noor is one of the last of the great Queens, Her Majesty will be THE LAST great Queen.

Any spouse of Charles, William and other kings have to look good and support their husbands but they really don't have any responsibility beyond that.

Well if that is her main duty Kate should be OK. It didn´t quite work for Diana though. :whistling:

Perhaps if she listens to Sarah.....LOL:

I agree that there have been many successful Queens Consort.
I do think a comparison with those in the same position is better than comparing two different positions because of a similar title. A Queen Consort has a different job description to a Queen Regnant and Kate will only be the Consort so comparing her to a Queen Regnant is unfair, in my opinion.

Sure, the comparison is unfair, but Kate won't get away with it, right? ;)

Im sorry get away with just What???? I think before we worry about Kate being Queen, Princess of Wales, or The Princess William,Duchess of ________??? We should say the fact that HM is still kicking and Camillia is next in line to be (Queen) Princess Consort ....so lets see if he puts the ring on her finger before we have her at her coronation....

I agree that there have been many successful Queens Consort.

I do think a comparison with those in the same position is better than comparing two different positions because of a similar title. A Queen Consort has a different job description to a Queen Regnant and Kate will only be the Consort so comparing her to a Queen Regnant is unfair, in my opinion.

Quite right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom