The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don´t think this is going to happen, it´s just another story in a my mind.
But hey ho, they may prove me wrong.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

I am a romantic and would love to hear of an upcoming wedding. But the Queen does do a few things privately. She has 4 children, and 8 grandchildren, any of which she might want some private time with. But again a wedding would be fun......

Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Its difficult to tell, but the one thing I am sure of is that William will surprise us with the timing, whenever that might be.

As regards the suitability of St George's, my concern would be whether Windsor can cope with the crowds, and if a suitable secure route can be found that would allow enough opportunity for visiting crowds to see the couple. I don't think St Pauls will be used for fear of the obvious comparisons with his parents, as well as the length of the ceremonial route. The other contenders are the Abbey or the Guards Chapel where the Diana Memorial was held. They are both close to Buckingham Palace , and can be suitably secure. There may not be a history of using Guards Chapel for royal weddings, but William appears quite capable of challenging convention.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Goodness! So much hoopla about this. If I was William or for that matter, Kate, I would be so over this "engagment annoucement" thing!
It even made Good Morning America this morning, with a reporter in front of Buckingham Palace, on what could possible be, the annoucement of a life time. Geez! I just wish they would lay off these kids and let them get on with their lives. If and when they decided to get engaged, then it's up to them how and when they want to announce it.
I know it's good news right now, and everyone wants/needs to hear something happy, but sheesh, why push them towards it if they/he is not ready for it. At this point, he is probably thinking he will ask her just to get things over with, and I can't say that I would blame him. And to be asked for your hand in marriage under duress would suck!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William Set to Propose to Kate Middleton?

Quote:
"We don't comment on speculation," CNN was told by William's official residence, Clarence House, while Britain's Telegraph reported that a spokesman for St. James's Palace declined to comment, and quoted a source as saying that any suggestion of Buckingham Palace's preparing for November nuptials was "wide of the mark."
Prince William Set to Propose to Kate Middleton? - Engagements, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually have a lot of respect for Tina Brown having just finished up "The Diana Chronicles" she's very even handed so I am of the mind she is onto something here.
The BRF might have chosen St. Georges because of the hew and cry over how much it costs for protection officers for the young royals, Air Miles Andy and co. --IF they have chosen it, that is. And they can always change venues if they want. They ARE the BRF after all. . .
Old 04-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Gentry

I am afraid I think anyone who believes this saga is going to on until 2013 are mistaken.....another three years of waity katie..... I don't think so !! It would really be making a fool of the girl. No.... I think we are definitely onto something here...there is an air of truth to this latest speculation, and makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

1. As a senior royal, William's wedding will obviously attract a very prestigious guest list, everything will have to go to plan... and getting it all done and dusted before a funeral (sorry Philip, it has to be said!) puts a spanner in the works would be very important, not to mention the fact that I am sure he would dearly love both his grandparents to be present.

2. A winter wedding suggests a more low key air to it, rather than the idea of thousands lining the streets on a summer day. In this time of recession and perhaps for their own personal choice, a more low key affair might well be the way to do it.

3. Lets not forget Zara Phillips in all this. She too is queueing up for her big day, and given that all her attentions in 2012 will be on the Olympics and her participation one presumes, then freeing up 2011 for her to have her wedding would solve another problem. She and William seem to be very close and I could see him allowing her the summer ceremony next year.

4. Well........ its just time, isnt it.... simple as. Can't wait to see the ring.....though I imagine its a bit soon to hand down the blue sapphire....that will have to wait a few generations until the bad luck associated with it has wained !!!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm hoping this is it. It has been a long time, and its time for those two to get hitched. Like Miss Garnett said, any more longer, and Kate looks like a fool (if she doesn't already).

Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Will Prince William and Kate Middleton announce their engagement this summer? - hellomagazine.com (07/04/2010).
Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

I have been reading all the post. And Muriel, Zonk and Mr. Garnett post stand out with reasons for this engagement/wedding this year. Read these 3 posts.

I would like to add:
1. I believe his training will be over, so and his work life will start. Why not be married too? It would be a good beginning for the couple to adjust and maybe be away from the limelight.

2. Tina Brown has a reputation to up hold. Why did she talk out now, if she didn't know something?

3. The Queen's just recently order a lot of bubbly, expensive champagne.

4. I read somewhere recently that Prince William addressed Mr. Middleton as Dad. I thought what a sense of humor the Prince has.

5. The smart Middleton's recently getting into the wedding business. Think about all the confetti they could sell. (They might be able to retire.) I think Prince William's and Ms. Middleton's sense of humor and business sense is coming through if they are getting engaged/married this year. I would image James will make one of the wedding cakes. I sure would buy some confetti from the Middletons. Prince Charles probably thought the Middleton/Prince William correct in capitalizing on the event. He might even to some Dutchy stuff for the wedding.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Prince William And Kate Middleton To Get Engaged In June According To Royal Writer Tina Brown | UK News | Sky News

Quote:
William is due to visit southern Africa in June to raise awareness of charities like the Tusk Trust and also to represent the FA and England's 2018 World Cup bid."
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Garnett View Post
4. ...Can't wait to see the ring.....though I imagine its a bit soon to hand down the blue sapphire....that will have to wait a few generations until the bad luck associated with it has wained !!!
I thought that Diana's ring was picked out of the collection by Harry - that he took the ring when given the chance to pick one of her possessions. William picked her watch I thought. Huh.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.
Ugh - I will be over there around this time - that's just great.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William engagement buzz dampened

Quote:
But the rumours were dampened on Thursday when a spokesperson for Clarence House said the days were blocked out because both Prince William and the Prince of Wales are carrying out public engagements on those days, while the Queen has an official engagement on June 3
Prince William, Kate Middleton engagement rumours dampened | WORLD News
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I was going to post saying that it sounds to me that all the planets are aligned and I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement announcement were indeed forthcoming, then I read Dierna's post. But I still think there are many factors, particularly those noted by Miss Garnett, that still make me think an announcement may be made soon, with a winter wedding.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe those "official engagements" are an announcement of a betrothal, sayeth Russo stirring the pot!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow a winter wedding would be amazing! I just hope William and Kate are happy and very much in love.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Courtier

It's possible Tina Brown was unofficially told this info to see the reaction...judging by the Diana Chronicles book, she has some very good sources. It makes sense why she is the one to get this information.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Tina Brown writes I always take with a grain of salt. Though the rumours are very exciting..
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

But btw, I intend to believe that something might be happening too ... the snow pics were quite an indication, Wills and the Middleton Clan getting cozy.
I too agree, to my chagrin, that this might be it.

I just hope I am pleasantly surprised on the type of royal Kate will make. As determined and single minded as she has been about marrying William, I hope it is all worth it to her and the Monarchy.