The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Majesty

Classic example of high quality journalism

Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if some of the other royal houses are also waiting for an announcement like we are... hmm.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Wink

Just started looking at this thread again ... you guys are unbelievable - still talking about this. Anywho, QUESTION - Is Kate of any relation to royalty?

On another note...Sophie of Wessex was around 34 when she married into the family. They then had children later on - which is possible these days, but still not suggested. It seems that people are getting married later these days, especially in bigger cities - there is a lot more to life now. I noticed especially that the recent royals - mostly the men, while doing genealogy, have married in their thirties and their children have been born within the past decade or so.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

With modern medical technology there is no need for them to marry for another 5 or so years as that is when Kate might really start to have problems.
As for William he can leave it until forever and marry a woman 40 years his junior and still become a father.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Totally agree about this thread. They will marry when they want. I think Prince William and Kate Middleton will be in their early thirties when it happens.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Anywho, QUESTION - Is Kate of any relation to royalty?
No, not a drop of royal or aristocratic blood. To the contrary, Sophie of Wessex is of royal descent.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Totally agree about this thread. They will marry when they want. I think Prince William and Kate Middleton will be in their early thirties when it happens.
Well I hope her biological clock is still ticking strong !!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Courtier

I'm new here, and I've been reading this thread with interest.
I have a question for all of you, do you think that Kate is going to be a good queen? (in the case they marry)
I'm not british so I do not know what the press say about her so I`m really interested on your opinions
Old 03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you can only do so much for your country and it's up to the people whether you're "good" or not. I think the royals do anything and everything they can in their power to make sure their countries are good and well in the best way they know how.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Commoner

I agree, and I believe most Royal run countries are great and have great people.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Courtier

Well, yes, I meant if she was going to be considered by the press a good queen or not (and also if you would like her as a queen).
As we all know if the press think you are not worthy they will make your life difficult
Old 03-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
No, not a drop of royal or aristocratic blood. To the contrary, Sophie of Wessex is of royal descent.
At least some of the royal blood will live on. Honestly, if you are of royal descent and this marriage does happen - I don't think it will matter anymore because the future generations of the possible monarch of Britain will not have royal/aristocratic blood on both sides. Oh well. I am aware that this is happening all over the world these days, but personally it just strikes me as a blow; being of English descent. What did I just find out all this info for then? Enjoy it while I can, I suppose. The diminishing process will most likely begin soon. Bragging rights will be over by 2013 or so. Ugh. I'm gonna cry.

*This is my personal opinion so please don't take it as offensive or as a statement for all of those who are of noble descent.*

Old 03-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There is very very little chance of having royal blood on both sides.
Or direct royal blood for that matter.
I don't see the problem with that, you never know the next generation, may fall in love with other royals.
I think the slight problem is age.
Say Prince William has kids 30/35 thats 2012-2017.
The royal children born between '99-'08 will of created a big age gap.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Wedding blooms for Prince William and Kate Middleton - Telegraph (13/03/2010).
Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

Don't they have any other pictures of the couple together, other than just the ONE that they keep running over and over?!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Nobility

Well, I hope so. Either way the news wire services are sure following the Prince of Wales' advice in this case by recycling.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Don't they have any other pictures of the couple together, other than just the ONE that they keep running over and over?!
Which other pictures do you have in mind?
Very little pictures with them together have been taken, that look good.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Courtier

I have found some very nice picutes of them together.... and if you google it you can find about 100,000 results for them...I ll try to post some on my page.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Which other pictures do you have in mind?
Very little pictures with them together have been taken, that look good.
Actually - I didn't have any in mind - because I've never seen more than maybe 2 or 3 of them together.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I think life will be much easier for someone like William, to deal with, if he is with who he loves. Whether it's Kate or not. Nowadays I think the royals are figuring out that having that person you love next to you makes their lifetime work much easier. I think the world is past the belief that royals marry royals or another member of the aristocrcacy. I mean can you imagine after doing 8 engagements in one day going home to someone you didn't really care but married her anyway because of where she is in society?

Closed Thread