The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Gentry

They will announce it after the election. I still reckon Oct/Nov wedding

Old 02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Commoner

Smile

I hope they are ready and they know each other well. I hope the marriage is a calm, stable one and that they enjoy each other thru the years!

Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

If it is to be, I really, REALLY hope PW does not do it on Valentines. Very cheesey. HRH has more class than that.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Courtier

I would dearly love to see a November wedding. It seems to me that senior royals don't necessarily get married on a Saturday, but this November, the 20th happens to fall on a Saturday and is, of course, the Queen and Prince Philip's 63rd wedding anniversary. That would be a wonderful gesture all around!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Majesty

An autumn wedding would be a good idea, though I do think November is probably a bit late.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Anne & Mark Phillips both married in mid-November.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I would dearly love to see a November wedding. It seems to me that senior royals don't necessarily get married on a Saturday, but this November, the 20th happens to fall on a Saturday and is, of course, the Queen and Prince Philip's 63rd wedding anniversary. That would be a wonderful gesture all around!
Ohhhhhhh.... now you are talking !!! That sounds like a REAL possibility.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

very good idea! not to get Political but wonder how long till The General Election?? (That could tell us something)
Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The general election must be held by June 3rd. There is a lot of speculation that it will coincide with the local elections on May 6th.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe they will marry next year before the queens birthday I do not really think that they are going to get married this year if they do I hope that it is spectacular, I do not think that it will be anything like his mother's wedding though. Like some of my friends think, now was an amazing wedding it will probably be just as great though.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Gentry

I think a June announcement and November wedding this year as suggested would be quite likely as among other very good reasons...it would be nice for the Queen and Prince Philip to BOTH be there, especially if they chose the same date as a tribute. Lets face it.....leaving it much longer increases the chances that either A. one or other of them would miss it...... or B....everything would be in place and organised, when suddenly a bereavement comes along and ruins the whole thing. SOONER rather than LATER I would say !!!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 PM

I too think an announcement will come in June/after the elections with a fall wedding. The timing works very well - it allows Prince William to finish his training, take some time after for a wedding/travel before being stationed to an SAR location. It also provides time for the William/Kate mania to calm down some before 2012, which is jammed packed with the Olympics and the 60th anniversary. Having another member of the royal family to attend all the 2012 events would be a plus.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:27 PM

This is from Robert Palmer's (of the Express newspaper) Twitter account:

"Just checked with someone who should know and at present there are no plans for William and Kate to announce a Valentine's engagement."

Old 02-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Commoner

I"m wondering if it might even be 2011 before an announcement is made of the engagement - that would still provide enough time for a wedding before the 2012 events...I guess time will tell!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

I still don't think William wants to marry before finishing his military duties somewhere in 2013 (unless he extends his service again, which is a possiblity).

The longer this goes the more I start to ask "Why?"

Possible answers I come up with:

1. William and/or Kate are not ready to make the commitment
2. William and Kate have set a date in their own minds and it isn't yet.
3. William isn't sure if Kate is the one and is still trying to work it out.
4. William is gunshy about marriage after the disaster of his parent's marriage and that of uncles on both sides and an aunt. (He has one set of grandparents and 3 or 6 siblings of parents all experience failed marriage so his family on both sides is batting less than 50% success in the marriage stakes the first time round - divorced are/were his parents, maternal grandparents, maternal uncle (twice of course), paternal uncle and paternal aunt - successful marriages at this point are/were his paternal grandparents, one paternal uncle, two maternal aunts (with of course father and maternal aunt being more successful second time round).
5. William has no intentions of marrying Kate and is just stringing her along until the right ones comes along.

Who knows - someone else may have another reason.

I think we can safely say that the earliest date for an engagement is after the General Election which has to be held by 3rd June - and if a hung parliament there could easily be a second election causing further delays - if the intention is an engagement this year.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Commoner

How about these:

6. Kate isn't sure if William is the one;
7. (Sort of related to the above) Kate is gunshy about marrying William because of the way she and her family have been savaged in the press.

Honestly, I think the answer is 1.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
How about these:

6. Kate isn't sure if William is the one;
7. (Sort of related to the above) Kate is gunshy about marrying William because of the way she and her family have been savaged in the press.

Honestly, I think the answer is 1.

Thanks for adding those to the list - how could I have been so blind to forget that the cold feet I ascribed to William could also apply to Kate - which of course they could.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Thanks for adding those to the list - how could I have been so blind to forget that the cold feet I ascribed to William could also apply to Kate - which of course they could.
After investing eight years and walking around with that "done deal" look on her face of late. I seriously doubt it.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Courtier

I agree that they will shoot for earlier than 2013, and I also think it's a done deal with these two. He doesn't get the same grace period in his 30's that normal people get nowadays, he's a future King and will be expected to start a family sooner rather than later.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I will believe it when I see "The Ring" on her finger!

Closed Thread