The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Courtier

I don't think it will be more then a couple of years before Kate has her own apartment in KP and then they wont have to rent it ... the Middletons will be able to stay when ever they like...IMO ..lol

Old 01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

This is my opinion as well, Amelia. If they had stayed somewhere in the Duchy of Lancaster, they'd probably get even more flak for that. It's not fair IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Could be that they simply thought it was a nice place to spend a quite family Christmas or is it just not as much fun to not think the worst all of the time.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Your post brings a question to mind ILuv.....Have you actually looked at the pictures of this "cottage"?
If someone wanted to fulfil a royal fantasy, this is just the right place to do it. I am just surprised that the Middletons who, everyone says, could afford to go anywhere, picked this "cottage" with its royal associations. It is owned by the Duchy and in other words by Prince Charles. Next thing I can see them trying to rent an apartment in KP....

Yes I did look at it and it is a lovely cottage - but anyone can rent it and get that feeling if that is what they think it gives them.

I don't think that the Middleton's chose it because of its 'royal' associations but rather because it was a nice place to stay, they knew the person who owned the estate and thus felt comfortable there.

I do think people are making way to much of this.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I do think people are making way to much of this.
Well I certainly agree with you over this. We had speculation that it meant they were looking at it as a future home (I mean the Middletons were inspecting it), that as they were staying there it showed what favour they were being shown by Prince Charles, then we find they were paying.
Then others on this thread thought that it meant an almost instantaneous announcement of an engagement.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I don't think it will be more then a couple of years before Kate has her own apartment in KP and then they wont have to rent it ... the Middletons will be able to stay when ever they like...IMO ..lol
This is the problem of marrying a "subject" and not a foreigner: The Royals will have to put up with the in-laws, possibly even hanging around in the palace. William will not only marry Kate but the Middleton family with all their society ambition, maybe HM is quite charmed with the idea that William is taking his time
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Touché, Duke....Maybe so
Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Pleaes note that all posts about Uncle Gary and the Coventry have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bridal chatter as Kate Middleton cancels engagements

Kate Middleton has scaled down her work commitments in a move further fuelling rumours her engagement to Prince William is imminent.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Nobility

A curious development indeed. Not health or weather related cancellation either. "Something" might be made a little clearer shortly....
Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Majesty

Another unsubstantiated story with no named sources - slow news month.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Kate Middleton has scaled down her work commitments in a move further fuelling rumours her engagement to Prince William is imminent.
I always thought that the announcement that Kate was working for her parents was just an answer to the accusation that she did nothing and that all she did was wait around for William. I never for a moment believed she did much there despite the photo shot at the beginning of the announcement that she was working for her parents,where she was shown moving a box in full make up and high heels.
If she is now doing less, then I suppose that means she is doing even more waiting.
The stories from the press seem to be trying to put pressure on Prince William and being a little cynical, could this be because a royal wedding would be marvellous for newspaper and magazine sales?
There doesn´t seem to be much thought for the personal happiness of these two people. Perhaps William doesn´t want to get married, we heard after his parents separation then divorce that Prince Charles had felt pressured to marry Diana and look at the fiasco that turned out to be.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Exactly. The newspapers and magazines need to sell copies, particularly now when many people get their news online for free (well after paying for their internet) and so they have to come up with stories that people will actually pay for.

I do think that William is his very much his own man and his father would be strongly advising him not to feel pressured by the press or anyone else, unless he too makes a serious mistake and ends up marrying the wrong woman. In addition William has the example of his father who meet the right one at a young age and was forced to let her go and so is a bit scared that he too might loose her - a quandary.

In addition there is no real pressure on William to marry as there are many heirs - particularly as the Gloucesters have children and there are young Linleys and Chattos around as well (it isn't like George III were there was a dirth of heirs after the children of George III were accounted for).

Sure Charles and William will probably want the next heir to come from that line but it isn't essential for it to be that way.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
Gentry

Valentine's day announcement (falls on a Sunday this year, nice weekend timing) with six months to plan wedding, would mean an August wedding this year - still could be on the cards. To be honest Kate needs a role and needs a role fast.... all this sitting around basically doing nothing is not good PR. The lack of any career on her part does strongly indicate her university move was to make connections...which she certainly has done !!! Gordon Brown might actually welcome a bit of distraction in the papers in the lead up to this election, if the headlines he has been generating in the last few days are anything to go by !! Temper Temper Gordon !!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Gentry

No announcement will be made until after the election. Then it is more likely to be a September Wedding. Although I think October or November will be better
Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The climate is Britain is pretty explosive these days with the media on their toes: General election around the corner, Iraq inquiery with Blair and Brown to give evidence as witnesses (Brown still to come) plus revelations about footballer John Terry who tried to silence the media with a gagging order based on human rights/privacy but failed at High Court - what will give the tabloids a huge uplift.

I dont think in a million years that the royals will "intervene" with an engagement and wedding in times where the nation has other items on the agenda than the royals who can be lucky to be out of the headlines themselves for some time ("airmiles Andy").

Regarding Kate "working" - did anyone honestly believe in the story? The purpose was to calm down the media what worked out ok. I fail to see any movement towards a commitment and the likeliness of a wedding before 2014.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Gentry

I think anyone who imagines this will carry on until 2014 before anything is formalised is crazy. The entire saga will be a done deal by next year at the absolute latest.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Why should we believe the press about Ms. Middleton now? I read from the press that in 2010 Kate would be going to New York for a job. I am still waiting for that to happen.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM

If and when Wills and Kate get married, and they have their televised interviews before the event, I hope whoever interviews Kate drills her on her work "experience." In other words, no touching lightly on the question, but really drill her on it.

There are too many people who see her as work shy and do not believe she really does work for her parents. I think Kate would have a lot of explaining to do. William as well since he might choose her to be his bride.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Majesty

British royals, in the past, haven't done the sit down interview but more a photo shoot to show off the ring.
If they do do a sit down interview they will preview the questions and they won't include anything more than a superficial question about her work.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Exactly, the person doing the interview will be very carefully chosen by Clarence house, no offensive questions please when Kate is about to ascent into royalty

I can easily imagine the saga to continue even beyond 2014, William doesnt look like hes in a rush and who should pressure him after all what happened? Certainly not his family, if Kate would consider pressure a workable tool they would be engaged by now and William couldnt care less about the media - he's got all the time in the world.