The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2010, 08:54 PM

Well said, Penny Royalty

Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
The ending in 2007 was a mutual decision and that has been there only split, and what do you mean other CP's have made followed this?
Remember William isn't a CP.
They have broken up more that just in 2007. I seem to recall they broke up at least once while still going to St.Andrew's. Then there was something about a bonfire reunion prior to that 2007 breakup. I wonder if any of the media will do a story comparing Kate to all these other women that have or have not ended up marrying their princes? That might make a good story for a change.

This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming on sea and continents and island, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. -John Muir
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Do you have proof of these other splits? Do you have articles or something more tangalble other then you recalling it. Because I don't recall even seeing too much of Kate during their St Andrew days... Maybe headlines stating "WILL'S GOT A GIRL" or something like while sking in 2005, Klosters was the place where the media first discovered William and Kate's relationship, when the pair were photographed kissing out on the slopes.Read more... , a Cap and Gown picture in June of 2005 is the next set of pictures I was awear of .... I would be more then happy to see if you have more.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate wasn't discovered by the press until 2005, when Kate and William were in Klosters.
There was very very little press about William let alone his girlfriend when he was at St Andrews.

When they split in 2007, it took a week maybe less for magazines like Hello to start publishing information about other possible marraige candidates.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Thank you, I Knew about the dates for Kate and was editing when you were replying ..lol ..
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles charges Middletons £3,000 a week to let them stay at his Cornish holiday home | Mail Online
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Majesty

What a pity that they use a headline to belittle Charles when the truth is that the property is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall estate and not specifically by Prince Charles, who has in income from that estate as his own but he doesn't personally own the property.

The article even says that Charles has no say over matters of this kind but let's not let the truth get in the way of a negative headline.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

The article even says that Charles has no say over matters of this kind but let's not let the truth get in the way of a negative headline.
Obviously they do it to sell papers. Pity.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a pity, indeed. It is getting to be quite boring, IMHO. Let's move on, shall we?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Courtier

I 'googled' Restormel Manor, there is a web site including a plan of the house. Could make a lovely first home for a young married couple.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Coud be some form of 'scouting' exercise on the part of the two families. To seek a place for their childern to call home in the future.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Coud be some form of 'scouting' exercise on the part of the two families. To seek a place for their childern to call home in the future.
I think a country house for William and his wife has already been found in Herefordshire, and is being refurbished by the Duchy. W&K are rumoured to have visited the site as well.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Nobility

A nice location to live in. Thanks for the further information.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I don't think William will marry this year. Although I've said that he could be delaying marriage because he's unsure about Kate, no one really knows. He could could just be unsure about commitment (not Kate) or, like you said, maybe he wants to postpone having to do fulltime royal duties. I don't see William getting married until his training is finished, unless there's some sort of crisis and the monarchy needs a full-time Prince William and his wife to step up and perform engagements, or a wedding to boost support of the monarchy. Like people have said, why would he marry until he absolutely has to? I think that moment won't come until his potential bride (Kate or anyone else) is reaching 35, at which point there would be some pressure for her to have children.

Actually, I think Zara and maybe even Beatrice will marry before William does.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Could be that the Middletons like the feeling of being royalty and the house fulfils their fantasy.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Could be that the Middletons like the feeling of being royalty and the house fulfils their fantasy.
Perhaps they would not need to pay once Kate is married into the royal family!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I 'googled' Restormel Manor, there is a web site including a plan of the house. Could make a lovely first home for a young married couple.
Restormel Manor, Lostwithiel, Cornwall - The Duchy of Cornwall Cottages

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I doubt they would have to pay, but if Kate marrys staying at Retormel Manor will probably be low on Carol's list.

Wisteria you do bring up a very good point, closer to their dream perhaps.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Could be that they simply thought it was a nice place to spend a quite family Christmas or is it just not as much fun to not think the worst all of the time.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

As anyone who has the money can rent the cottage I don't see this a being associated with royalty because it is a cottage that belongs to an estate that is hundreds of years old.

Has any royal personage ever lived there (I don't mean stayed there for a week or so but actually lived there)?

If not, then I don't see that staying in a cottage owned by an estate has anything to do with feeling like royalty.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

If not, then I don't see that staying in a cottage owned by an estate has anything to do with feeling like royalty.

Your post brings a question to mind ILuv.....Have you actually looked at the pictures of this "cottage"?
If someone wanted to fulfil a royal fantasy, this is just the right place to do it. I am just surprised that the Middletons who, everyone says, could afford to go anywhere, picked this "cottage" with its royal associations. It is owned by the Duchy and in other words by Prince Charles. Next thing I can see them trying to rent an apartment in KP....