William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes, I meant if she was going to be considered by the press a good queen or not (and also if you would like her as a queen).
As we all know if the press think you are not worthy they will make your life difficult :lol:

No, not a drop of royal or aristocratic blood. :ermm: To the contrary, Sophie of Wessex is of royal descent.
At least some of the royal blood will live on. Honestly, if you are of royal descent and this marriage does happen - I don't think it will matter anymore because the future generations of the possible monarch of Britain will not have royal/aristocratic blood on both sides. Oh well. I am aware that this is happening all over the world these days, but personally it just strikes me as a blow; being of English descent. What did I just find out all this info for then? Enjoy it while I can, I suppose. The diminishing process will most likely begin soon. Bragging rights will be over by 2013 or so. Ugh. I'm gonna cry.

*This is my personal opinion so please don't take it as offensive or as a statement for all of those who are of noble descent.*

There is very very little chance of having royal blood on both sides.
Or direct royal blood for that matter.
I don't see the problem with that, you never know the next generation, may fall in love with other royals. :)
I think the slight problem is age.
Say Prince William has kids 30/35 thats 2012-2017.
The royal children born between '99-'08 will of created a big age gap. :ermm:

Don't they have any other pictures of the couple together, other than just the ONE that they keep running over and over?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I hope so. Either way the news wire services are sure following the Prince of Wales' advice in this case by recycling.

Don't they have any other pictures of the couple together, other than just the ONE that they keep running over and over?!

Which other pictures do you have in mind?
Very little pictures with them together have been taken, that look good. :)

I have found some very nice picutes of them together.... and if you google it you can find about 100,000 results for them...I ll try to post some on my page.

Which other pictures do you have in mind?
Very little pictures with them together have been taken, that look good. :)
Actually - I didn't have any in mind - because I've never seen more than maybe 2 or 3 of them together.

I think life will be much easier for someone like William, to deal with, if he is with who he loves. Whether it's Kate or not. Nowadays I think the royals are figuring out that having that person you love next to you makes their lifetime work much easier. I think the world is past the belief that royals marry royals or another member of the aristocrcacy. I mean can you imagine after doing 8 engagements in one day going home to someone you didn't really care but married her anyway because of where she is in society?

Quite right.

More of the same old same old same old arguments about the upcoming years.

Next year has some potential surely (with the exception of June which, I suspect, will focus on the 90th birthday of the Duke of Edinburgh) there isn't much on the radar - except, of course, William's own military career.

If this is true then he would be only doing the bearest minimum of post-training service as it is simply inconceivable that Kate would be left to be doing full-time duties on her own from the beginning of the marriage.

I still don't see William marrying Kate before about 2013 or even later, especially if the reports in this same paper last week are right - that he intends on doing a longer stint in the military.

I totally agree, the papers are bored and have reinvented this same story with a different event. :)

I still don't believe he is ever going to marry her. They both seem stuck in University mode, boyfriend-girlfriend, vacations,etc. William won't marry for at least another decade, IMO. He doesn't appear to be in husband mode, he appears more focused on military training and "then" fun with Kate when time is convenient for it. I also don't see where the Palace is lifting a finger to assist her image(which IMO is not good,she comes off as waiting for a proposal with no real career or job) so I just don't see her as serious as the press sometimes would like us to believe. She seems to be in girlfriend mode still with him, imo. Also if she is promoting her family business while dating Pr.William, I doubt marriage is in her immmediate future, if it was, she would not be promoting a commercial enterprise, the Palace would frown upon it if marriage was a done deal for her. I think it will end without Kate getting what she desires, a ring from him.
Look at Emma Pernaud after ten years, I believe this will be Kate's fate, dating a Prince for a long, long time and no marriage. I don't feel Wiliam will ever move this to another level with her.

I also don't see where the Palace is lifting a finger to assist her image, so I just don't see her as serious. She seems to be in girlfriend mode still with him.

Why should the palace do anything to change her image, she should do it herself if she is serious. And to be quite honest she has, she's working harder, taking less holidays, partying less.

Also if she is promoting her family business while dating Pr.William, I doubt marriage is in her immmediate future, if it was, she would not be promoting a commercial enterprise, the Palace would frown upon it if marriage was a done deal for her. I think it will end without Kate getting what she desires, a ring from him.

One, if she desires a ring she isn't in girlfriend mode, she wants a bigger commitment.
Just because Kate is supporting her family business, how does that mean she isn't prepared for marriage? I'm sure the palace would be extremely happy that she is no longer out every night, she is hard at work for her family business. The Palace aren't going to know if she is ready for marriage, William and Kate I imagine don't give staff regular updates on their relationship. Only them, closest friends and some family will know whats happening.

She's still in girlfriend mode because that is where it's at, no engagement from him.
I don't see William marrying her at all. IMO she'll be a longterm girlfriend never making it to the next level with the Prince.
She reminds me more of Emma Pernaud's relationship with Pr Carl Phillip, a long relationship in the Prince's 20's, but no marriage.
I have never believed William would marry Kate and every time I read a story on them, the two still are not engaged. I just don't believe she is going to ever get a proposal from him, no matter how many vacations she takes with him.

IMO her image is Not very good and it seems to get worse in the press, with each outing.

:previous:
One thing, you didn't answer any questions I asked.
We don't know that Kate hasn't asked for more commitement from William. We also don't know that he hasn't told her he will commit after his military training.
I respect that it's your opinion, i just wanted to know how you have come about them as the reasons you've provided can be challenged in my mind.

Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling were together for 7 years before the got engaged.
Princess Nathalie and her new husband, it's been reported were dating for 8 years before getting married.

Until they officially split and there is no chance of a reunion, they IMO could still get married.

Whats wrong with her image, from what i've seen she's a hard worker, who stands by her man, doesn't give anything away to the press, takes the occasional holiday with or without William.
She parties less than Princess Eugenie & Beatrice who are out most nights, and they are in line for the throne.

I have never felt he would marry her.
I don't think she has a positive image anymore.
I have never seen her as making it to the alter with him.

When they are engaged, then my feeling will be proved wrong, until then, I just don't see a marriage happening, no matter how much the two hang out.
I see her as Emma Pernaud a girlfriend from a Prince's 20's.

I'll end it here until the next outing or development with the two. :flowers:

Is Prince Charles to blame for William's reluctance to marry Waity Katie? | Mail Online

So why is there no engagement ring? Could the answer be the unease of William’s father, Prince Charles, over her suitability?

Friends accept that William and Kate have what one of them calls ‘a loving relationship’, but it is curious that the Prince remains so touchy on the subject of marriage that they know better than to ask him when — or, indeed, if — he’s going to name the day.

I take the Mail's article with a grain of salt. It's just more press speculation and trying to pressure the couple. It doesn't worry me at all that William and Kate haven't announced an engagement, more power to them for waiting. I don't think that the public really give a wit about when they marry, it's the media. The Mail has always taken every chance to swipe at the Royal Family and it has made it plain it doesn't consider Kate and her family as suitable to join the Royals. Just something to fill space in the paper.
I always enjoy the "comments" by "friends" and "anonymous courtiers".

I think the crux of the problem is just this, she is not suitable and William is thinking about it carefully, and deciding whether he loves her enough to overcome this problem or not. I don´t think it bodes well for Kate because he is taking an extremely long time to decide.
If he were just any young man, well no problem, but people seem to forget that he is not an ordinary young man, he is the future of the monarchy and at least to many people, including the royal family, this matters.

The article has got a point, Charles' failed marriage with Diana is going to be a massive put off.
But obviously there are other reasons. :)

Even though the quotes may be questionable, the article only reflects what many people are saying: Kate hasn't shown she is Queen material, Prince Charles doesn't want to lose the spotlight, etc. I think it is a good analysis.

I think Prince William is just living his life. The article is trash. Ms. Kate Middleton is very suitable for him. William wants no commitment to royal life and royal marriage. I do not see him taking in the "royal role" until his father is King. He might marry Ms. Middleton if they can be stationed away from England. But why should he do this? Kate loves him will wait for him. They are only 28. I just hope her family business is doing okay.:);):)

Ms. Kate Middleton is very suitable for him. William wants no commitment to royal life and royal marriage.

That is the whole point, Kate Middleton is suitable for William Wales of course, but she is not suitable for a Queen and Prince William´s wife will be that in the future. William might not be very attracted to royal life, his mother saw to that, but it is his future.
If he loves Kate enough he will marry her.
It is rather sad for Kate Middleton that William is who he is, but nothing can change that.

If he loves Kate enough he will marry her.

That in my opinion is the whole problem. Prince William love Ms Middleton enough and she is good enough to be Queen of England. (Many princes and princess are now marrying commoners. Example: this year in Sweden Crown Princess Victoria is marrying a commoner.)

But I think Prince William might be scared to make a commitment by living through his parents marriage and divorce. Prince William does love Kate Middleton and one day will make her his bride, but on Prince William's time and terms.:);):)

I think the crux of the problem is just this, she is not suitable and William is thinking about it carefully, and deciding whether he loves her enough to overcome this problem or not. I don´t think it bodes well for Kate because he is taking an extremely long time to decide.
If he were just any young man, well no problem, but people seem to forget that he is not an ordinary young man, he is the future of the monarchy and at least to many people, including the royal family, this matters.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. As it says in the article, if William truly loves Kate and intends on making her his wife, his lack of action is "both foolish and ungallant." I think his INACTION speaks volumes.

Poor Kate. The good thing about Kate is that she is quiet about her relationship with William. I'll give her bonus points for not writing a tell all about their relationship. It's bad enough to have your relationship under a microscope then a book about it/your private life.

Queen spends a lovely bubbly £30k on vintage Champagne

The Queen has splashed out on 300 bottles of vintage bubbly at £100 a pop - sparking speculation Prince William is to propose to girlfriend Kate Middleton.

Kate Middleton's parents drop huge hint to Prince William | The Sun |News|Royals

Kate Middleton's parents have dropped a huge hint to Prince William - by selling a new range of WEDDING goods.

=======================

There is obviously deep significance to this move. What innocent motive could there be for a party supply company selling wedding favors? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom