The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

Didn't Buckingham Palace deny Princess Anne was engaged and a week later she announced it?
that's true!but ,not
for ''4'' years
I think William is not ready to get married.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

It's about time a royal spokesperson spoke out. The stories were getting out of hand -- largely fueled by Katie Nicholl's book launching in the US

Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
From Richard Palmer's Twitter:

Didn't Buckingham Palace deny Princess Anne was engaged and a week later she announced it?

They may have been right to say she wasn't engaged a week before the announcement depending exactly on when she was engaged in relation to the announcement e.g. 'no she is not engaged' on the Monday, but they get engaged on the Thursday and announce the following Monday - perfectly accurate.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Commoner

I saw the issue of Us Weekly with Prince William and Kate on the cover (but didn't buy it). In the article they made the blatant error of referring to Prince William as "the Prince of Wales"! So much for credibility.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
I saw the issue of Us Weekly with Prince William and Kate on the cover (but didn't buy it). In the article they made the blatant error of referring to Prince William as "the Prince of Wales"! So much for credibility.

Well technically he will be invested as the Prince of Wales after his father ascends the throne. I can't imagine that KING Charles wouldn't bestow that investiture on his heir. However, you are talking about a US rag mag, which obviously doesn't check their facts. Embarrassing....
Old 11-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Well technically he will be invested as the Prince of Wales after his father ascends the throne. I can't imagine that KING Charles wouldn't bestow that investiture on his heir. However, you are talking about a US rag mag, which obviously doesn't check their facts. Embarrassing....

We actually don't know if he will be The Prince of Wales, given the growing nationalism in Wales. Charles, I suspect will seek the views if the Welsh Parliament and other leading Welshmen at the time and will guided by them.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Back to an earlier post. Why are the "bigger"/"more important" royal weddings on Wednesdays?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Back to an earlier post. Why are the "bigger"/"more important" royal weddings on Wednesdays?
It's the middle of the week.
Or maybe the royals have chosen the dates and they happen to be on wednesdays.

Charles' 2nd marraige was on a saturday I believe.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's the middle of the week.
Or maybe the royals have chosen the dates and they happen to be on wednesdays.

Charles' 2nd marraige was on a saturday I believe.
It was on a Saturday but would have been on a Friday if it would have not been postponed for one day because of the funeral of the Pope.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I understand picking a date that has some meaning to you, and planning your wedding around that date. But the BRF do have a lot of grand weddings on Wednesdays. It just seems interesting to me, and I wondered if it was a BRF tradition, or something else. Here in America most weddings, even the big "high society" ones, are on Saturday.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Well, July 23rd is on a Saturday in 2016.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

Selfish me, I don't want to wait that long to see all the silk, satin, and jewels.........
Old 11-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Nobility

In the new Vanity Fair there is a long article titled " Wills and the Real Girl".
Very interesting.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Prince William to miss Sandringham Christmas after volunteering at RAF Valley | Mail Online

I know that there has been speculation that William wouldn't be at Sandringham this Christmas because of the tradtion that new and unmarried personnel do the shifts over Christmas and this confirms that rumour.

Again no Kate at Sandringham on Christmas Day but I did find it interesting that the report is that she has been there three times on Boxing Day for the traditional pheasant shoot.

However if William is in Wales she won't make Sandringham and he won't be getting the Queen's permission over Christmas. Of course he could already have it or not be planning on seeking her permission in the foreseeably future.

The speculations just keep coming.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

...and coming and coming. It will be interesting to see how all of this drama will end.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Guess we will have to wait and see! But the waiting is driving me crazy!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Gentry

It's normal this time of year for these engagement rumours, being the holiday season and all....there is nothing new
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would have though William would have wanted to spend christmas with his family. I'm slightly dissappointed by this, not because of the no engagement. Just that he won't be with his family.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Perhaps it is because of all the speculation and the pressure put on him by TRF?
Next year Carole Middleton had better kill two deer at a shoot and then the rumours are really going to run riot.
It seems that duty comes first with William, and that is the way it should be.
His grandmother, The Queen, must approve as she was taught to put duty first and always has.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

I suppose the papers can now start printing the "Kate's last Christmas at home" stories again.