The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post

Note the word "presumeably".
As Iluvbertie did, I too noticed the word.
Wrongly spelt.
If you are not an English native speaker, of course you have an excuse.

After so many years of married life and the fond and loving way they look at each other I should say that a marriage as succesful as The Queen and Prince Philip have would be extremely hard to find.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I did.

Again when has there been any indication that the Queen's marriage is sad and pathetic - in order to make a presumption there has to be evidence.

That Charles' first marriage was sad and pathetic there is a lot of evidence, from Diana and Charles themselves, but I have never come across any from the Queen or Philip to put it in the same category and thus my question remains, - why say the Queen's marriage is sad and pathetic?
Oh dear. I really wish people would read posts "in context".
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
. . . . . . . as for someone else who said above, i agree that things just falling apart behind closed doors in a royal household are inevitable, imo.
The intimation that behind closed doors all (royal) imarriages are falling apart is not only cynical but highly unlikely. If you have any "facts" to substantiate such an assertion I would love to hear them. As it is it seems that on these boards a lot of members view the various royal couples as contestants in a reality game and treat their lieves with the same kind of caring attitude most often see in Gordon Ramsey's kitchen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
wow, i didnt mean to sound cynical. didnt read it through to see how it sounded.
i dont have any facts, i didnt claim to. thats why i wrote 'imo' at the end.
Sorry I was not only referring to you. It just seems the general tenor is not just cynical but really negative regarding Kate in particular as well as sly intimations that their marriage would be as sad and pathetic as presumably both of Prince Charles', the Queen's, etc, ad nauseum.
Did I really have to continue on with . . . . . . . . both of Princess Ann's, Prince Andrew's, Prince Edward's, Queen Margrethe's, Prince Frederik, both Prince Joachimis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and so on and so forth!

Get the picture?

iluvbertie and Wisteria please note I have corrected the spelling just for you! Wouldn't want erudite posters such as yourselves to misunderstand!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Well that was kind of you Marg. I, of course, know little about Iluvbertie but I do remember she said she was a school teacher, I just hate sloppy English. But I reiterate, if Texankitcat is not a native speaker she has every excuse and I apologise , I would never even think of pointing it out, although she did ask if the word had been seen twice over.
Now it is corrected, all is well that ends well n´est pas?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
As Iluvbertie did, I too noticed the word.
Wrongly spelt.
If you are not an English native speaker, of course you have an excuse.

After so many years of married life and the fond and loving way they look at each other I should say that a marriage as succesful as The Queen and Prince Philip have would be extremely hard to find.
Well thank you for the pointing that out. However, I only copy and pasted it from the sentance in question to emphasis the word as used and quite frankly, didn't give a hoot as to the spelling. Considering the various countries represented here, I didn't realize that proper spelling and placing a footnote that English is or is or is not a "first" language was required.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well thank you for the pointing that out. However, I only copy and pasted it from the sentance in question to emphasis the word as used and quite frankly, didn't give a hoot as to the spelling. Considering the various countries represented here, I didn't realize that proper spelling and placing a footnote that English is or is or is not a "first" language was required.
I do apologise, I had no idea from your post that you were not a native speaker, I did say that I would never criticise someone trying to speak a foreign language, and I must congratulate you, it seems to me you are doing very well indeed.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Some posters place little informative words on their signature lines apologizing if they cannot be understood. It's quite common for those in the Slavic regions and some other island regions to do this. However, I am quite impressed with their efforts.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

texankitkat, how long have you lived in Dallas...they speak English there!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Okay...enough...let's get back on topic.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Now,Now everyone. Lets keep it friendly like. Back on the subject of Wills and Kate. After watching that video on you tube Im even more convinced that the family is not worthy of being in-laws. I cant blame Kate completely for her lack of graces since the parents are usually to blame for alot of the characteristics in their children. In my opinion, I believe Kate was pushed to succeed in catching a big fish for not only her but for her family. They seem like very opportunistic people and God forbid that her Uncle get anywhere near the Royal Family. He sounds like a golddigger, see what he can get from all of this. It disgusts me to see how open he was about the whole thing. I think the only room he should get is in the Tower! I dont know. If Wills decides that this is the girl for him I can only hope that she will grow into a Princess who is worthy of the Crown.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Nobility

What video on youtube?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Courtier

I beleive she was talking about the youtube video of Kate Middleton's Uncle Gary. It is an older video.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Some Kate-haters have done unflattering videos as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It seems like there's speculation on William and Kate's marriage everywhere these days...in the Daily Mail, on TV, and when I go on MSN there are links to articles about Kate and William. If I hadn't read these articles I would think there was some reason for the sudden "William and Kate wedding fever" but after reading them, the only new development I can find is that the Middletons were at a shooting party with William and Kate.

I know the media is anxious for them to get married, but can't they find another story? I never thought seeing royal headlines everywhere would annoy me! William and Kate are going to get married when/if they want to...not when the media wants them to.
True, however they wouldn't be so obsessive about it if there wasn't a market for the speculation. Isn't that why we all read and post in this thread? I for one enjoy reading all the speculation, rumors, etc.. Gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining stuff seeing what they come up with next. :)
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I beleive she was talking about the youtube video of Kate Middleton's Uncle Gary. It is an older video.
And we all have at least one relative we would like to keep away from cameras and audio devices. Thank goodness I am never going to be the Queen of anything except the kitchen.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
True, however they wouldn't be so obsessive about it if there wasn't a market for the speculation. Isn't that why we all read and post in this thread? I for one enjoy reading all the speculation, rumors, etc.. Gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining stuff seeing what they come up with next. :)
It can be entertaining ...but...I guess William and Kate just don't interest me enough for me to care about the speculation. Maybe a few years ago. They come across as two people who want to keep their relationship very private, which means we really know next to nothing about Kate. This is fine, but it makes the speculation get old very quickly. To be honest, the more stories that come out, the less interested I get in William and Kate's eventual wedding. I remember when Sophie and Edward were engaged--that was a surprise (at least I was surprised, anyway!) On the other hand, nothing about William and Kate's engagement will be unexpected because the media has been predicting it every week for so long anyway.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Well you don't have to be. At least you can read it here rather than waste money on tabloids. Prince Edward and his wife has never really interested me, so when they got married I barely paid attention. As for William and Kate....regardless of when it comes about, I will be happy for them both and anxiously wait for the big day.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Please note that all off topic posts about Elizabeth and Phillips marriage and alleged infidelity have been deleted as the posts are 1) speculative and more importantly, these posts are 2) off topic.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 11-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It can be entertaining ...but...I guess William and Kate just don't interest me enough for me to care about the speculation. Maybe a few years ago. They come across as two people who want to keep their relationship very private, which means we really know next to nothing about Kate. This is fine, but it makes the speculation get old very quickly. To be honest, the more stories that come out, the less interested I get in William and Kate's eventual wedding. I remember when Sophie and Edward were engaged--that was a surprise (at least I was surprised, anyway!) On the other hand, nothing about William and Kate's engagement will be unexpected because the media has been predicting it every week for so long anyway.
I have the same feeling. the relationship of these two, more speculation, more boring it gets
Old 11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikamag View Post
I have the same feeling. the relationship of these two, more speculation, more boring it gets
Just on a odd note, I think that if and when Will and Kate do announce their engagement, its going to go berserk with folks talking about the dress, the ceremony, the ring and whatever. This is going to be a bright spot for London. With the wedding in 2011, what more of a perfect way to "pretest" some of the security they want to put in place for the Olympics in 2012?

I still don't see Will and Kate going for anything more elaborate than what they actually need to have, but I think it will be an event that will be remembered

(Osipi gazes into her crystal wine glass and predicts)

Most users ever online was 2,605, 05-11-2006 at 12:59 PM.

I imagine with Kate and Wills wedding.. we'll beat that on TRF
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikamag View Post
I can understand why people get tired of all the speculation, and we are all entitled to our opinions. However, that is why we all come to this thread....to speculate and debate about the rumours. If people are bored with the topic. there are a lot of other topics available to discuss in other threads. Hopefully soon, all the speculation will be put to rest and we will have a wedding to discuss.