The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2581  
Old 11-07-2010, 04:25 AM
wbenson's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: -, United States
Posts: 2,307
Here's an example of the form the Queen's permission takes:

Quote:
THE 9th DAY OF APRIL 2008
PRESENT,
THE QUEEN’S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY IN COUNCIL
Her Majesty in Council was this day pleased to make the following Declaration.
Judith Simpson
MY LORDS,
I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Peter Mark Andrew Phillips and Autumn Patricia Kelly, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council.
Judith Simpson, if anyone is wondering, is the Clerk of the Privy Council.
__________________

  #2582  
Old 11-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
What kind of role would actually be expected of Kate may she become William's wife one day?
Does it differ much from Camilla's or not?
If Kate does become Princess of Wales, she will be expected to do more than Camilla is doing now. Seeing as Camilla will then be Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
May I ask how this is known? Is it your opinion or has it been printed somewhere?
In any case I'd like to know then why she is not popular.
She's quite unpopular because she hasn't been seen to do anything other than follow William around wherever he goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rain View Post
All anyone can ask is that they find a mate/partner that loves them, respects them, supports them in good and bad times, is a good mother/father to kids if any come from the relationship.
We would like a good Queen as well please.

That DailyMail article about royal speculation, even goes so far as to back up their story by saying Carole is on a crash diet to fit into her out (like Diana).

I agree something is going on, whether it will come to light next we'll have to wait and see.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2583  
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Me too.

Kate loyalty is being interpreted as hanging on the big prize, no matter what. Maximal social climbing. And that is not a positive thing.
Social climbing normally is a fast thing. You meet a guy who seems to fall prey to you, then you coddle him a bit till he marries you, then you stop performance till he will do all to get rid of you, take his money and accept divorce. And on the hunt again... All within a couple of months or only some years - social climbers don't have time to spare as they are loosing their bloom of youth.

Begum Inaara comes to mind...

But Kate Middleton? Where is her timing? Where does she have shown a kind of cold-heartedness that is part of a social climber's personality?
I doubt any social climber would invest 10 years of her life to try to become queen of the UK. Even Diana only needed some meetings, then got her prize, stopped performances and ended up divorced. But why should Kate coddle William and probably love him for 10 years now! if she was only after his position and not after the man?
  #2584  
Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
Who'd want to bag these royal oddballs for in-laws? | Mail Online
"Not enough people care for chilly, charisma-free William or his nice but dull girlfriend.Kate has none of Diana's star power, nor her dangerous allure and ability to stir public passion." and "For something has soured in our relationship with the Royal Family.Over the past few years, too much lemon has been squirted on the cream of the unquestioning public endorsement they once took for granted."
Yes, and just who did cause that? If it is that way at all - of course the media will back up the images they create and hope to install into their readers. But are they really successful? Who knows?
  #2585  
Old 11-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
^agreed, but i cant help thinking that since he will be king, he's worth the ten years. And *some* social climbers might think that too.
  #2586  
Old 11-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Social climbing normally is a fast thing. You meet a guy who seems to fall prey to you, then you coddle him a bit till he marries you, then you stop performance till he will do all to get rid of you, take his money and accept divorce. And on the hunt again... All within a couple of months or only some years - social climbers don't have time to spare as they are loosing their bloom of youth.

Begum Inaara comes to mind...
The problem is that William hasnt married her yet, I guess due to his chaotic childhood and the weight on his shoulders to have only one shot at marriage and it has to be the right person.

There are lots of social climbers who are not after divorce but a position for life. By the way, Begum Inaara isnt divorced from Aga Khan. And British Queen is something people would hang onto 10 years and longer...
In many social climber marriages (especially royals) there are separate lifes anyway after the duty has been done what is giving birth to kids. Look at the Brits themselves, Spain, now Sweden ... these women have their positions but you better dont look to closely at the marriage. After Charles and Diana, everybody who marries a front row royal knows that divorce will be a no-no. Its all about finding a good arrangement.

IMO Kate is a social climber par excellence. She hasnt done anything that would look good in a CV but hangs around in Williams circles what goes with lots of privileges. Probably for that reason William went back to her after the split, because its so convenient for him that Kate is always there whenever he wants her to. And this "loyalty" may be rewarded one day, or may not, who knows.
  #2587  
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I doubt any social climber would invest 10 years of her life to try to become queen of the UK. Even Diana only needed some meetings, then got her prize, stopped performances and ended up divorced. But why should Kate coddle William and probably love him for 10 years now! if she was only after his position and not after the man?
I would certainly invest 10 years of my life in order to be a Queen. Kate isn't climbing up the normal "social" ladder, she is climbing up the royal ladder. Charles needed to marry as the heir, he needed to produce children. Whereas William doesn't, he doesn't have to marry for years yet because everything is protected.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO Kate is a social climber par excellence. She hasnt done anything that would look good in a CV but hangs around in Williams circles what goes with lots of privileges. Probably for that reason William went back to her after the split, because its so convenient for him that Kate is always there whenever he wants her to. And this "loyalty" may be rewarded one day, or may not, who knows.
I agree she's a social climber now, but I don't think she was one back in the days of St Andrews.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2588  
Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I agree she's a social climber now, but I don't think she was one back in the days of St Andrews.
I believe if Kate Middleton was Lady Catherine Something-Plus-This-And -That, daughter of the 14. duke of Nowhere & Noplace, who, after having passed exams of history of Arts at St. Andrews spends her time at the family seat and working a mere hour a day as a guide through her ancestral home, everybody would believe that she was the perfect wife for a prince.
  #2589  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:39 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I believe if Kate Middleton was Lady Catherine Something-Plus-This-And -That, daughter of the 14. duke of Nowhere & Noplace, who, after having passed exams of history of Arts at St. Andrews spends her time at the family seat and working a mere hour a day as a guide through her ancestral home, everybody would believe that she was the perfect wife for a prince.

I dont agree, if she did the same things as Kate...seemingly have no ambition to work, do charity or do anything outside of waiting around for William I think people would think her in the same way. In fact I think they'd think less because impression of lazy priveleged(sp?) aristocracy would be layered onto the criticisms.
  #2590  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I believe if Kate Middleton was Lady Catherine Something-Plus-This-And -That, daughter of the 14. duke of Nowhere & Noplace, who, after having passed exams of history of Arts at St. Andrews spends her time at the family seat and working a mere hour a day as a guide through her ancestral home, everybody would believe that she was the perfect wife for a prince.
but she isnt. britain still is extremely class orientated. william mingles with a certain circle of friends who grew up very concious of who they are and where they originate from. and there are unwritten rules in these circles those people usually follow, this whole triangle thing Camilla - Charles - Diana comes to my mind, Diana, although from nobility, decided to object to these rules, found it impossible to live an arrangement what is business as usual for british upper class.

what I want to say is that somebody who is not from certain circles may possibly find royal life and rules unbearable because williams world and joe averages world (and this is where kate origines from) are still very very different until this very day. and william knows that although everything will be fine in the beginning when having kids and a small family, with years passing, there is a high chance that life will fall apart and kate doesnt know how to cope.

we only have to look around, most reigning royals are living arrangements according to semi-official sources, and maybe william is afraid of what seems to be inevitable with time. i truly believe that he is hesitant because of his parents marriage nightmare and because he, unlike his father, doesnt have to commit, he wont. his father is not even king, william can still produce children in ten or fifteen years, only the woman in question wont be kate, maybe thats calculated risk from his part.
  #2591  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:42 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,987
My gut feeling is there is some agreement between William & Kate and they will wed at some point. I just can't get excited for the match as I'm not impressed with either of them anymore.
  #2592  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I believe if Kate Middleton was Lady Catherine Something-Plus-This-And -That, daughter of the 14. duke of Nowhere & Noplace, who, after having passed exams of history of Arts at St. Andrews spends her time at the family seat and working a mere hour a day as a guide through her ancestral home, everybody would believe that she was the perfect wife for a prince.
But she isn't. She's a normal person who comes from a family who have worked seriously hard to earn there fortune. Even if she was a lady of somewhere 1, I doubt she'd be giving tours of her ancestral home and 2, I would still expect her to work before marrying. Lady Diana managed to work before marrying Prince Charles and that was nearly 30 years ago.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2593  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 AM
BritishRoyals's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: --, United States
Posts: 113
The latest article from Katie Nicholl is really nothing new. The woman is probably milking her stories so she can sell more copies of her book.

I do wonder if the tree branch story is true, though...
__________________
*** Baby Cambridge Fundraiser === http://www.justgiving.com/BabyCambridgeFundraiser ***
  #2594  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Katie Nicholls book is quite informative to be honest.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2595  
Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I dont agree, if she did the same things as Kate...seemingly have no ambition to work, do charity or do anything outside of waiting around for William I think people would think her in the same way. In fact I think they'd think less because impression of lazy priveleged(sp?) aristocracy would be layered onto the criticisms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I dont agree, if she did the same things as Kate...seemingly have no ambition to work, do charity or do anything outside of waiting around for William I think people would think her in the same way. In fact I think they'd think less because impression of lazy priveleged(sp?) aristocracy would be layered onto the criticisms.
I disagree. I have seen it repeatedly stated that she isn't "suitable" as a future Princess of Wales, although the reasons given are nit picky at best. Let's take a look at Lady Diana's resume prior to marrying the Prince of Wales:

*Educated at Silfield School. Kings Lynn, Norfolk, then at Riddlesworth West Heath Girls School where she was regarded as a poor student, having attempted and failed all of her O-levels twice.

*Excelled in swimming and diving, and studied to be a professional ballerina until she grew too tall and had to shelve that dream.

*Moved to London before she turned seventeen, living in her mother's flat, as her mother then spent most of the year in Scotland. Soon afterwards, an apartment was purchased for 50,000 as an 18th birthday present. She lived there until 1981 with three flatmates.

* In London she took an advanced cooking course at her mother's suggestion, although she never became an adroit cook, and worked first as a dance instructor for youth, until a skiing accident caused her to miss three months of work. She then found employment as a playgroup (pre-preschool) assistant, did some cleaning work for her sister Sarah and several of her friends, and worked as a hostess at parties.

Now I ask. If Diana was Diana Jones instead of Lady Diana Spencer, Daughter of Earl Spencer would that resume impress you as "suitable" as the future Princess of Wales?

I think a good part of this intense dislike comes from the fact that Kate's family comes from a common working class background with no social connections other than Kate being Prince Williams girlfriend. That to some means that she is a "social climber" even though she keeps a low profile and doesn't lend her name and social position as Williams' girlfriend to promote herself or put herself in the position where others can exploit
her. If she was a "social climber" that wouldn't be the case now would it?
  #2596  
Old 11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
I don't know why your comparing her to Diana, they are both very different people. Diana had a title Kate doesn't.
Diana recieved a lot of things because she had a title, it also may have been her downfall.
To answer your question, that resume wouldn't have impressed me for a future Princess. But Diana only had that resume because she had a title. You don't know what she would have been like without it.


It has always been said, I believe that Kate chose to go to St Andrews before Prince William went, she would have met the same people, if she were dating William or not. She came from a good background, and from a very prestigious college. Kate could have done fine without being with William, possible even better if she doesn't marry him.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2597  
Old 11-07-2010, 12:58 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,104
What is it about Kate that makes people go on and on about how old she is and how long she and William have bee dating/Shacked-Up?

It seems that the current crop of Crown Princes and Princesses have taken their time before deciding to marry. The insistant wailing about "10 Years!" is hysterically funny when you realise that almost all of the current Crown Princesses were in their late 20's or early 30's before they got married and for sheer tenacity you can't go past Victoria and Daniel's marathon 10 year "courtship"!

They each married the heir's to their respective thrones, whilst William is merely the heir's heir and, since the Queen is not on her deathbed, the prospect of William becoming Prince of Wales and Kate (theoretically) Princess of Wales within the immediate future is unlikely so I don't see the big deal. But herre's a thought. When his father does suceed his grandmother they may yet decide to let him continue in his chosed career for a while and gently ease his wife into the "Firm" and all it's obligation and foibles. There is much to admire in an heir that has a real job, particularly in this new millenium.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #2598  
Old 11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
^yes but they (the current crop of crown princes/princesses) didn't date ten years. they just met later in life.
as for someone else who said above, i agree that things just falling apart behind closed doors in a royal household are inevitable, imo.
  #2599  
Old 11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
What is it about Kate that makes people go on and on about how old she is and how long she and William have bee dating/Shacked-Up?

they may yet decide to let him continue in his chosed career for a while and gently ease his wife into the "Firm" and all it's obligation and foibles.
There's is nothing about Kate that makes us ask. It is the simple fact that they have been seeing each other for nearly 10 years and they are not married yet.
William, no is not the heir whereas people like Frederik, Haakon and WA are heirs and they didn't marry until their 30's. But they only met their respective partners in their late 20's. Not at university.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #2600  
Old 11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,974
I think it's great that William has found "the one" so early on in his life and is determined to stay with her. It will make a great love story for the books one day. You don't see that kind of commitment in my generation. It's kind of a rare thing maybe that's why I'm rooting for this couple so much.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
affair albania ascot 2016 autographs best gown best gown 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat courtship crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark royal family duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah ii in new york 2016 king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 october november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles prince daniel princess eugenie fashion princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in new zealand royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge eveningwear the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats working visit


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises