The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Chapel Royal is in good shape, but they'd have to do a lot of sprucing up of the rest of the place.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

i'd be surprised if william's wedding isn't big.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The Chapel Royal is in good shape, but they'd have to do a lot of sprucing up of the rest of the place.
Why - all the public sees is the inside of the Chapel. St James' Palace is fine and is the official seat of the British Court. Ambassadors are still Ambassadors to the Court of St James.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Something seems to be happening, but they could be there so the royals can say "Ummm I don't think Kate is the One". Works both ways.
can you please elaborate on what you stated above? im somewhat perplexed on that idea
Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Courtier

i think next year will be the year, definitely...William might not put it off too long now, since they have been together for 8 years. Say the relationship had been only...um 3 years or so old, then he would have waited another 5 years till hes what? 33? but now they have already been together too long and the pressure is building on him to propose. Leaving her after 8 years doesn't seem an option to me anymore....so as much as i agree with what LouisXVI says, we will have to accept that she will be the new princess.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Majesty

I don't think there is any pressure on him to propose as I suspect that he has already done that but they haven't made it public to enjoy some private time together before the horrendous reality hits of joining the royal family and all the negative side of that arrangement - loss of privacy and freedom etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
can you please elaborate on what you stated above? im somewhat perplexed on that idea
All the magazines say that William will visit his grandmother to ask for Kates hand. Why does no one say that he is going to visit his gran to call off the relationship? Or HM is going to say No, we don't want her in our family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
isn't the Christmas invite only for engaged partners and married ones? why would she get an invite? i'm sure they'll get engaged in spring with a summer wedding, so probably no invite this year.
Usually it is, but Kate has been practically engaged to Will's for years and I think Sophie attended Christmas before she was married.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Come on then.. reaffirm our faith in life by taking the quantam leap.
Let's get the show on the road!asap
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Come on then.. reaffirm our faith in life by taking the quantam leap.
Let's get the show on the road!asap

It is their life to live not ours - leave them alone.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
All the magazines say that William will visit his grandmother to ask for Kates hand. Why does no one say that he is going to visit his gran to call off the relationship? Or HM is going to say No, we don't want her in our family.
He wouldn't have to tell her if he was going to call off the relationship. Not wanting her isn't a viable reason not to allow the marriage.

Quote:
Usually it is, but Kate has been practically engaged to Will's for years and I think Sophie attended Christmas before she was married.
Sophie didn't go before she was officially engaged.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
hmmm..but is that you wishful thinking?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well I was just stating the opposite end to the view, maybe he is close to his grandmother and tells her about his life?
Well when i've said previously that Kate could attend, and people have countered that Kate isn't allowed to attend. But someone mentioned that Sophie had attended the christmas ceremony before her engagement. Which is possible isn't it? She could have attended the dinner and not gone to the church service.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Wills and the Real Girl | Society | Vanity Fair

6 page article.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Great artical...most I have read before but somethings I personally did not know.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Great artical...most I have read before but somethings I personally did not know.
Actually I did enjoy Katie Nicholl's book. Thanks to TRF.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually I did enjoy Katie Nicholl's book. Thanks to TRF.

I did not realize this was a part of her book I will have to pick the whole thing up
Old 11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

FYI

Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Commoner

I find it not nice, that some people want that William breaks up with her, just because she didn´t fits into their imagination.
If she is the right person for him, we have to accept it. Maybe he isn´t himself a diamond geezer. Who knows.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Courtier

I have never understood why so many are so harsh towards Kate and her parents. I think she is a beautiful girl who has conducted herself with class and discretion. I have seen a lot of criticism that she doesn't have a career, but realistically how could she with all the media attention?

My recollection is that Prince Charles and Diana "dated" (if it could be called that) for about 6 months before they got engaged. Once the press got wind of the relationship, they hounded Diana at work, and everywhere she went. As soon as they were engaged, she quit her job and moved out of her flat into Clarence House...or KP...can't recall that part exactly. The point is that she had a SHORT career/job before she became involved with Prince Charles. Kate was a student when she met PW and was still a student when their relationship came to the attention of the media. Since then, she has had the intense focus of the press. Could anyone of us have a normal career/job with the attention she deals with everytime she steps out the door? I just don't understand why this continues to be so important to some people.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Royal Highness

hi, I'm new to the forums and this is one of my first posts, but I've been interested in the BRF for a long time.

I believe that William will marry Kate, but when? who knows till the engagement is made offcial. A lot of people wish they knew more about Kate but for me there is all known that needs to be known about her: she will be a very loyal wife to William and that's the most important thing. Other people , not only Royals, are never known completely to others, that's how it is. But with the Royals there is the need of the people to have a feeling that they know them and can trust them in order to accept them as "their" Royals. As this is impossible, people tend to watch the relationships of the Royals in order to guess if they are worthy of their peoples trust. Thus Diana was so dangerous: she betrayed the RF and showed herself to be most illoyal to her husband all in front of the public. Of course, she had her reasons for that (and I don't want to get into this discussion). But coming back to William and Kate: I'm sure William deeply loved his mother but as he grew up and realised who he is and how this shapes his life he must have understood that the most important thing for a future king is to command the loyality of his friends and environment. And how his mother's unwillingness to be loyal to her husband destroyed his father's image: how can the public trust a man whose own wife who is closest to him does not support and trust him? Camilla saved that image - she as the new wife has shown that Charles can be trusted and respected. So for me what William searched and found in Kate is a most loyal companion. And once they marry people will like Kate for this loyality, even though they won't know her and her William.