The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd be disappointed if William's wedding were like Edward and Sophie's wedding or the Chatto wedding or the Taylor wedding. William will the Head of State of several nations and Head of the Commonwealth, God willing, and a smaller wedding just wouldn't be good enough for him or his bride. I like the idea of Westminster Abbey and a balcony appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Williams wedding will be the last royal AAA wedding event for a long time. Even though he is not yet heir to the throne, one day he will hold the position of his grandmother and father

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'd be disappointed if William's wedding were like Edward and Sophie's wedding or the Chatto wedding or the Taylor wedding. William will the Head of State of several nations and Head of the Commonwealth, God willing, and a smaller wedding just wouldn't be good enough for him or his bride. I like the idea of Westminster Abbey and a balcony appearance.
If it was good enough for Edward VII then it will be good enough for William.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

The sooner the better... alas!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Well, well, this is an interesting development.

Very interesting indeed...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
I think the deal has been sealed. I hear wedding bells!

I have to admit though, I wished William had chosen someone else - someone who didn't base her whole existence on William. I mean, him choosing a person who barely worked, who made sure her schedule revolved around her boyfriend's (the Jigsaw employer confirmed this), and so on, makes William sound needy, self-centered and having a disdain for independent women.

But when they do marry, I wish them all the best.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

I just wish they would get married. They seem totally happy, maybe we should petition them?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand the venom directed toward Mrs. Middleton by the writer of this article. Interesting that there aren't the same sort of comments directed toward Mr. Middleton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Majesty

This isn't all that surprising as William has holidayed with them in the past and even been reported as referring to Mr Middleton as 'Dad'.

I don't see this as any further evidence that as engagement is about to be announced but further evidence that Kate will be his wife, when they eventually marry.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I have to admit though, I wished William had chosen someone else - someone who didn't base her whole existence on William. I mean, him choosing a person who barely worked, who made sure her schedule revolved around her boyfriend's (the Jigsaw employer confirmed this), and so on, makes William sound needy, self-centered and having a disdain for independent women. . . . . . .
I have to admit I have not given Kate's working life much thought. It isn't my business and she is not alone in her lifestyle. Hundreds, probably thousands of young women from wealthy backgrounds do exactly the same. However, Kate's attempts at having anything like a normal working life were totally thwarted by the media.

The probability of a wedding leads to comparisons with Sophie trying to remain a working wife. She was possitively hunted by the media as was Edward when he tried his hand at a job outside "The Firm". Now they are working full time for the firm and everyone is happy. This too would work in Kate's favour. She will be able to go anywhere William is posted and will be able to carry out charity work as she pleases which will hopefully please the snarling naysayers.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't understand where Jaya puts PW in front of his father?
Prince William and his wife will be King and Queen one day, which is what Jaya said.
PW is not the heir.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mmm...we are hearing wedding bells since 2005. This event may mean something, but who knows...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
We disagree on the definition of 'young adult' then as to me they are 'young adults' until early 30s.

I was looking at the word 'contempories' as in have the same poition - heir to the heir - those contempories are children, except in Sweden where the heir/ess has only recently married.
Why must they be "heir to heir?" Royal is royal, is it not. We agree to disagree, then.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

The media is making a big deal out of Middleton sighting in Balmoral. Richard Palmer agrees that it is significant, although I'm not totally convinced it means engagement. It means acceptance, yes.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Courtier

It seems significant as it comes right on the heels of them very publicly attending that wedding and getting all kinds of press coverage - all of which was no doubt planned to make a statement. An announcement early next year makes the most sense for a spring/summer wedding...but with these two, who the hell knows. haha
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Hey, everyone thought Wills & Kate would get engaged after she and her family came to his Sandhurst graduation. But a few months later, they split. These two are unpredictable.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't see this as any further evidence that as engagement is about to be announced but further evidence that Kate will be his wife, when they eventually marry.
Let's hope that Kate is William's wife when they eventually marry!

On the topic of a small or large wedding for William, I would think his wedding should be on a scale similar to George V's (in comparison to other royal weddings of the time, I mean), since he is "the heir to the heir."

And I think that George V's and Mary's wedding was a full-scale, royal wedding, wasn't it?...but then in those days, the royal families of Europe were really all related in some way anyway, so inviting other royals for a big celebration was really just like inviting extended family.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Commoner

If you live in the USA, the television network TLC is airing a new special called William & Kate: A Love Story this Sunday 11/7 at 10pm Eastern.

TLC :: TV Listings :: William & Kate: A Royal Love Story

This link has more (maybe overly dramatic) information:

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/pr...al-love-story/
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Mmm...we are hearing wedding bells since 2005. This event may mean something, but who knows...
I for one am going to believe it the next day of the wedding. The first 24 hours are very crucial. On a serious note, I do hope they'll shake things up soon! A big royal wedding in London - we've certainly missed that!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Courtier

I don't want to sound too insensitive, but I really hope that they get married when the Queen and her husband are still "around". I think for her as a grand-mother and queen it would be great to see her grandson and heir marry.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
On the topic of a small or large wedding for William, I would think his wedding should be on a scale similar to George V's (in comparison to other royal weddings of the time, I mean), since he is "the heir to the heir."
George V married in the Chapel Royal at St James' in London, as was Victoria and Albert. I haven't been inside this chapel and can't find any information about its size.