The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can imagine that the public pay for most of the wedding, i'll have to do some research into it.
I believe in Sweden they did a half and half last June, which might be more acceptable to the public.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Here's a snippet from a blog that talks about the possibility of William marrying Kate, but with a totally different POV:

Quote:
That’s the way we refer to them. The boys. Even now. 13 years later, they’re still ‘the boys’. But those boys have changed. Those boys have gone through an inexplicably rapid transformation. They’re men. They have jobs. William’s even been seen with a beard for God’s sake. Where have the intervening years gone?

As future subjects will expect to see the same kind of public event as his parents? Will we want him and Kate Middleton to allow us to witness them exchanging vows? Will they want that kind of exposure. Will they be able to avoid it?

If they do allow it, it almost certainly won’t be as ostentatious as Charles and Diana’s day. It won’t sit right with our present economic situation. More importantly, that sort of pride will almost certainly lead to a fall. William’s future subjects couldn’t bear to face that kind of tragic story again – regardless of which side of the fence you prefer to stand.
http://thoroughlygood.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/could-william-make-us-happy/

It really brings back memories of Diana's funeral. :(

What do you think? Do we watch William and Kate to make sure he's going to be happy with her because he had such an unhappy childhood? I think that's the case for me.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Administrator

I watch William (and Harry) because I have a genuine interest in the British royals that predate their very existence.

I hope that William makes a wise choice in picking his bride. If its Kate, I hope that she brings a touch of glamour and dedication without the baggage of Diana.

I do remember the funeral, they seemed so sad, young and lost....where has the time goine indeed?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember reading, in a very early ROYALTY magazine, about how the young Princess of Wales needed to be given space to grow into her role because she was such a young woman and had such a steep "learning curve" (my words). Diana, in my view, was loved too much by too many people to ever have a chance at anything resembling a gradual getting-used-to of her new life. I think that people's ambivalence over Kate might actually be a good thing in that she doesn't have the burden of being the "perfect" bride that her would-have-been-mother-in-law had. And she won't have the responsibility of being the Princess of Wales immediately after the words "I do." We aren't as idealistic or as romantic as we were in 1981, and that's not a bad thing.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 PM

Prince William and Kate Middleton

I hope it all works out for them as it looks as if they hav a good relationship. I wish them all the best and I am looking forward to seeing their Royal wedding.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness

I have feeling that 2011 will be deciding year in William's and Kate relationship. They will marry or split. Even if they split it will be in quiet way and they will remain good friends.
IMO after so many years their relationship is in limbo . This is why it might be "take it or leave it" next year.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Courtier

It does not apear to me that they are in limbo at all. It seems that they are happy just the way they are and have no intention of caving to anything anyone says......They will marry when they are ready and not before.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
It does not apear to me that they are in limbo at all. It seems that they are happy just the way they are and have no intention of caving to anything anyone says......They will marry when they are ready and not before.

I agree - this relationship is not in limbo but exactly where William and Kate want it to be. I believe that they have decided when they will be announcing their engagement and when they will be marrying but I also think that might still be a couple of years away.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Commoner

I too think William & Kate know when they will have their wedding.
I think they are enjoying their time together now because once the wedding occurs, all discussion will focus on their children (if they decide to have any).
I think maybe they learned something from observing other younger royal copies -- in Sweden, Norway, & Denmark.

I keep thinking about statements the Queen has made about how her happiest days were when she was a Navy wife though she did have 2 small children those years.

While I know those who are born into royal families have opportunities & experiences beyond the majority of us, I have always felt some pity for them. Their lives are open.

I wish William & Kate the best ... whatever they decide about their lives together or apart.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

If Kate and William announce in 2011 then they have the Monaco royals to plan around in the middle of summer.
Their wedding although royal does not and could not sustain an orgy of extravagances.. not in these global financial times.It would furher emphasize the gap between rich and getting poorer However it should be fit for for a future king and his wife.That can be done in many discreet ways.Kate is discreet and has a steely interior which Diana did not actually have. I like that attribute of hers.
At the time Charles and Di married we had an economic crisis too- and their wedding was very grand.I remember thinking her sleeves are too big ; her bouquet too long ; her train very long etc......
However Diana had the charm to get away with it.
I wish Kate and Wills all the best always and look for the happy ending to their story.
It appears their well wishers are innumerable.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
If Kate and William announce in 2011 then they have the Monaco royals to plan around in the middle of summer.
First it might be better to save all good wishes until we have the formal announcement, unless the good wishes are to get them to make a move on one way or the other.
The Monaco wedding will not make the slightest difference to the BFR and once again on this forum I reiterate a fact that so many people overlook. The Monaco family are not royal. I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
First it might be better to save all good wishes until we have the formal announcement, unless the good wishes are to get them to make a move on one way or the other.
The Monaco wedding will not make the slightest difference to the BFR and once again on this forum I reiterate a fact that so many people overlook. The Monaco family are not royal. I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.
As Albert has attended a number of other royal events such as Victoria;s wedding I would expect a number of royals to attend the wedding of a sovereign prince and serene highness.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I very much doubt that the Monaco invitation list will have many guests that would be invited to a British royal wedding, except Ernst, who is a cousin, perhaps.
Considering Albert's attachment to the IOC, you can included Princess Anne, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Prince WA of The Netherlands, the Greek Royals. He is also very close to Princess Victoria of Sweden.
I could quite see more royals going to Prince Alberts wedding than Prince Williams, due to the fact that William has made no effort with his european counterparts.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Considering Albert's attachment to the IOC, you can included Princess Anne, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Prince WA of The Netherlands, the Greek Royals. He is also very close to Princess Victoria of Sweden.
I could quite see more royals going to Prince Alberts wedding than Prince Williams, due to the fact that William has made no effort with his european counterparts.
As his European counterparts are children it would be hard to connect e.g. Prince Christian is what 5 compared to William's 28. The same with the 2nd in line to the other thrones - they are school aged children rather than young adults.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I am sorry I find this statement hilarious. More royals going to the Prince of Monaco´s wedding than to the wedding of a future King of England?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I am sorry I find this statement hilarious. More royals going to the Prince of Monaco´s wedding than to the wedding of a future King of England?
It's actually not that hilarious. The fact is that Albert has a more personal relationship with other royals then William does. We don't even know if William has actually even met royals such as the Danes and the Swedes except for perhaps a casual meeting at some event. So the truth is that more royals may feel obligated to attend Albert's wedding because of the close friendships between them.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
...So the truth is that more royals may feel obligated to attend Albert's wedding because of the close friendships between them.
The assumption for this assertion appearing to be that both weddings are booked in on the same day. Hmm, possible, but unlikely.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Royal Highness

Let's remember May 2004 when the Danish, Spanish and Dutch royals managed to squeeze 3 royal weddings into one month! So I'm sure it will be possible to fit only 2 weddings into one year.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As his European counterparts are children it would be hard to connect e.g. Prince Christian is what 5 compared to William's 28. The same with the 2nd in line to the other thrones - they are school aged children rather than young adults.
I kind of knew that you would pick up on what I said.
Counterparts in the sense of the present heirs.

Quote:
Ummm yes.
Due to the fact that William has made absolutely no effort to become friends with the likes of Victoria, Frederik, WA, Haakon, Phillippe etc. He was more than likely invited to the June wedding out of courtesy. As for his wedding people will feel obliged to go because he is royal, not because they want to.

And by the way, thank you for laughing at another posters comments.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Windors aren't better than other royal houses but more famous in english speaking country. I've never noticed a big friendship between british royals and other houses (except Greece but in fact they have only titles, no land). European heirs like Victoria, Haakon, Frederick, Willem Alexander, Phillipe of Spain and Phillipe of Belgium seems to be very integrated to each other. On royal weddings, for example Victoria's wedding, came like always prince Edward and Sophie. No Queen EII, while others queen came, no William, who attends weddings quite often but not such wedding. I think european royals are most enthusiastic about Albert wedding. Anyway, William is the son of heir, but not the heir yet and he's very low key so I believe he prefers wedding more like his cousin Peter's that princess Victoria's wedding.