The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". [/COLOR][/LEFT]
Because she keeps her mouth shut, she's boring and she's easy to mould.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDiana View Post
I would suggest they wait especially if he is deploying because that is when problems start women get lonely cause their huband or fiancee is gone for half a year.
He will never, ever be deployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
Kate Middleton won't be Diana-NEVER !!! Nobody never can be like Diana !
Why would she want to be? And tbh we don't want another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Also I think, that asking for the Queens permission is an official step, but she obviously won´t say no. So it seems, everything will be set for a soon announcement.
The Mirror has absolutely no way of knowing what William and Kate are actually going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
IMO she will never be as charismatic as Diana was. Nevertheless it would be the best thing for her not to be compared with Diana all the time, as this would imply not only the "sunny sides of live". I think, she will be clever enough to find here place in the firm without sinking. And her fashion sense is really not too bad ...
Kate is the opposite to Diana and that is a very very good thing, however saying that the press will find somewhere of comparing them.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Before we go on a tangent, if you wish to discuss Kate and Diana, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-8818-29.html .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

why does she supposedly want to become queen of england so bad...honestly its a bit of a fuss
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Perhaps she loves William and wants to be with him in spite of "the fuss."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
why does she supposedly want to become queen of england so bad...honestly its a bit of a fuss
Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Yes, why would she want the fuss when her life is so great now? She is constantly scrutnized by the public, who makes positive and negative judgements about her and family WITHOUT her saying a word, everyone constantly criticize her weight, her clothes, her hair, the lack of work ethic, charity and whether or not she truly loves William.

Wait....they do that now...I guess the only difference would she would have more money at her disposal, she would definitely have to work outside of the home so that the British public sees some of what they are paying for, and everyone will still sit in judgement of her without her saying a word.

The only thing she has going for her now versus a future with William is that a private citizen if the stories and the press gets too over the top she can sue them.........but even still that's a hard one guys.

And look....we are on page 120 and still no engagement.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

And look....we are on page 120 and still no engagement.
and this is only the 2010 thread!

I don't know what to think about William and Kate as a couple.
So far I agree with MailOnline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailOnline
At present, I fear William and Kate are in danger of becoming the world’s most boring couple.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
and this is only the 2010 thread!

I don't know what to think about William and Kate as a couple.
So far I agree with MailOnline:
I think boring works in the context of royalty
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think boring works in the context of royalty
In that you are correct, I think we have had enough of scandals to last some time.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
In that you are correct, I think we have had enough of scandals to last some time.

Quite right. We would much rather have a low profile but effective Prince and Princess, than a drama queen of a princess!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think another "Diana" would work, either. Diana boosted the monarchy's popularity in the short term but damaged it in the long run, I think.

However, I don't really think William and Kate are doing the monarchy, or Kate's future acceptance by the public, any favours by dragging out their courtship. It's not their fault that the media keeps pushing for them to get married, or writes stories attacking Kate for waiting/William for lack of commitment. But at the same time, these stories wouldn't be out there if they hadn't been dating for 9 years without any public commitment.

I understand why they don't want to get married until they have to, but it seems a little self-centred to me. It would be really bad for the monarchy if William and Kate married too soon and had a disaster of a marriage, but waiting so long isn't helping their image, either.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a very mean thing to say, basically they should get married now to make the Monarchy look good?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Of course they should be self centered when thinking about marriage. Its about them and the monarchy.

I think the only people who think their waiting is doing damage to the monarchy are those who are in patient for a wedding, don't like William/Kate or anti monarchists.

If the British Monarchy can withstand the War of the Roses, Henry VIII and his disaster marriages, the English Reformation, the execution of Charles I, Oliver Cromwell, the Glorious Revolution, those bloody Hanovers and the Abdication of Edward VIII, it can't wait a year or two if Kate and William decide to get married.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a very mean thing to say, basically they should get married now to make the Monarchy look good?
No...but they shouldn't not get married just to make themselves feel good, either.

I think people should marry when they feel they're ready to make a lifelong commitment to each other...not before, and not long after. I'm no expert, but I think William and Kate have known each other for plenty long enough to know whether or not they're compatible enough to marry. Therefore, I assume they're waiting not because they're not sure, but because neither wants to take on royal duties...which is understandable and I'd probably feel exactly the same way in their situation, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a mostly selfish decision.

I'm not impatient for a wedding (at all, actually!), I have nothing against William and Kate, and I'm not an anti-monarchist. I just think that while marriage is about two people, it's not just about them, especially not when one of the people involved is in line to the British throne. It's not so much that I think they have a duty to marry to save the monarchy or something, as I think they don't seem to have any good reasons not to marry other than the fact that they are reluctant to take on royal duties.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Administrator

What are the stats on marriage in England? Do people feel the need to marry anymore?

I would rather have William wait until he has finished his army training and ready to take on full time duties. I would rather Kate be ready to take up full time duties with William at her side. Not trying to have that Andrew/Sarah fiasco....not that I think that Kate is like Sarah.

Marrying into the Firm, taking on duties, no emotional support from your husband because he is stationed elsewhere. Normal people do it all the time and they struggle with it. Can you imagine doing it with the eyes of the world on you?

Old 10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Selfish in what way?
Who is it really harming because they aren't marrying?
Kate and William aren't in a coventional relationship, 9 years might be enough time for the ordinary couple but not for ones who will be the future King and Queen.

Well said Zonk.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
No...but they shouldn't not get married just to make themselves feel good, either.

I think people should marry when they feel they're ready to make a lifelong commitment to each other...not before, and not long after. I'm no expert, but I think William and Kate have known each other for plenty long enough to know whether or not they're compatible enough to marry. Therefore, I assume they're waiting not because they're not sure, but because neither wants to take on royal duties...which is understandable and I'd probably feel exactly the same way in their situation, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a mostly selfish decision.

I don't think that it is just that they don't want to take on royal duties. I think it is a combo of things. All & all it is their chocie and we will all have to wait till they say...
Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Unlike Edward VIII who didn't know his duty, William KNOWS what is expected to him.

I don't personally know the man, but I feel very comfortable in saying that

Old 10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

William has already taken on royal duties, and as Zonk said he knows what's expected of him. If not i'm sure he would have made himself clear by now.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Administrator

And for the record...I get the boring vibe as well.

Kate does NOTHING for me. She is just there like a chair.

Here's hoping that if she is the ONE she shows a bit more personality and just something after they marry.

I agree that another Diana (with the immense interest in her, the pap coverage and the DRAMA) would not be good. I could go for a little Mary/Maxima/Letitiza thing. Some nice clothes but not too much of a fashion horse with an addiction to haute coutre, a cute kid and doing some royal duties will go along way.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

I think it will be good for all if he marry a woman with almost the same personality to Diana.But I hope that it will work this time with a happy marriage and life ! :)
That I would want to change...

The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Closed Thread