The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't wait for William, he doesn't interest me at all that way, but yes I think that when it comes to those we love we will do what ever it takes.

Unfortunately there is no fool proof list of instructions for the perfect marriage/relationship. Dating for many years or dating for a few, marrying your highschool sweetheart or someone you met after trying many different relationships, focusing on building your career first or focusing on a relationship and family then on a career. What works best for one couple will not work for another and what breaks one marriage will make another stronger. Unless they happen to have a crystal ball in Buckingham Palace, William and Kate are just going to have to go with what they think and feel is right for them and like the rest of us hope for the best.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Do you think Kate will really wait that long?

And would the marriage last after such a long courtship? I wonder if such marriages could work after a couple spent so much time not being married.
That`s an interesting point, because apparently studies have shown that couples who live together before marriage are less likely to have lasting marriages. I thought I read once that William and Kate lived together when he is not in military training, but I could be wrong.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Majesty

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a wedding delayed until 2013 or 2014 to give William time to finish his military career and then have a year or so as a full time working royal before introducing a wife at his side.

Had William left the military as anticipated in 2008/2009 I would have expected a wedding this year but his decision to go into the SAR I think has delayed the marriage until that is over.

However, for all I know, the announcement could be this week - like father, like son - Charles came to Australia in 1981 and on return announced his engagement to Diana. He also came to Australia after announcing his engagement to Camilla so....
Old 01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
You did notice that I put 'work-shy' in inverted commas I suppose. That was done for a reason - the British public are the ones who use that term not me.
Sorry I didn't see the inverted comma's

I imagine, although this is only guess work, that as her parents started their business from scratch and built up a sizeable life style that everyone works hard. It comes with the territory of the self employed and I expect that they would expect that from their daughter no matter who she is going to marry.

Mary had a part time job that Fred arranged for her before they got married.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Gentry

The engagement will be after the election results. No annoncement will be made before then
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Have to admit I had the same thought as Iluvbertie that an announcement will take place after William's return from Australia. Perhaps wishful thinking but also just that they can get it over and done with and then we can have some new and fresh speculations.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William talks about Kate Middleton, marriage and engagement rumours

Quote:
Could there be a royal wedding on the cards? Prince William tells us to 'wait and see'
OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Latest Celebrity News :: Prince William talks about Kate Middleton, marriage and engagement rumours
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would be nice to have them announce an engagement but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

I love how some people have interpreted this comment as a definite Yes and soon rather than what was said 'wait and see' which could easily mean "No but I am not going to tell you that now am I?'
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I know what you mean, Iluvbertie. He didn't say, "Wait and there'll be a wedding."
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

VIDEO: Ever the gentleman, William assists Kate (plus 4 other ladies) off a helicopter after his Wings ceremony.

Thanks to kinga77 for the video..
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiEncore View Post
If you were with William and had to wait wouldn't you? All superficial things aside, wouldn't you wait for the man you loved, Prince or not? I think most of us would.
Depends if he waits because he is not certain of marriage with Kate or marriage in general of if he is certain of Kate but has other reasons to hold back (eg getting into duty without the "burden" of a family of his own). I have the impression that it is a "keeping her but let's see what happens" but I could be wrong. They could a couple as well as close or "just" friends who hang out together, Kate could even be a "walker" to protect somebody else who is already in the background.

We simply don't know, the excitement continues, eh?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
The engagement will be after the election results. No annoncement will be made before then
Im sorry are these your opinions? Or do you have some facts that the rest of us are waiting to hear.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Mary had a part time job that Fred arranged for her before they got married.
When she moved to Denmark in 2002 she worked at Navision/Microsoft Business Solutions outside of Copenhagen, for an year until her engagement. I don't think it's ever been said that Frederik got her this job, she earnt it.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
When she moved to Denmark in 2002 she worked at Navision/Microsoft Business Solutions outside of Copenhagen, for an year until her engagement. I don't think it's ever been said that Frederik got her this job, she earnt it.

I remember that Frederik had a friend who got her the job. My memory might be playing tricks with me but I think it wadn't possible for her to take full time employment as she had to learn to master the language and as well as the culture. Frederik knew he was going to marry her when he moved her to Denmark and decided that the best course was to immerse in Danish life without the pressure of being the Crown Princess at once.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Im sorry are these your opinions? Or do you have some facts that the rest of us are waiting to hear.
It doesn't take rocket science to figure out. I cant imagine an engagement before the General Election either, reason being that a politician managed to use the royals for his own purpose before (Tony Blair when Diana died). He instrumentalised her death for his own and Labour's image when he was in desperate need to score.

Brown or Cameron could jump on the same wandwaggon, trying to use public emotion for votes simply by involving with the royal topic, ending up in a competion.

Certainly a no-no, the BRF will have learned from the PR desaster in 1997 that Tony Blair knew to exploit all too well, and from the events in Westminster Abbey a few months ago, when both leaders tried to outdo each other in the presence of HM.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post

My opinions but if you were on Royal Blue everyone knocked me for my support for Mary and I was right about them getting married.

Also Charles and Camilla

The Royal family do nothing out of the ordinary when an election is about to happen.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Certainly a no-no, the BRF will have learned from the PR desaster in 1997 that Tony Blair knew to exploit all too well, and from the events in Westminster Abbey a few months ago, when both leaders tried to outdo each other in the presence of HM.[/QUOTE]

What happened?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that you're right. Time will tell.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 PM

You know, even though I believe Wills and Kate will get married eventually, lately I've been having doubts about their relationship. I've been thinking a lot like those who are against Kate - the ones who think she is only wants to be a princess and William is blind to this. I know it sounds incredibly silly, given the two recent videos of them being affectionate with each other. But I have been wondering if there's something wrong with their relationship - something I can't put my finger on.

I've never been a complete supporter of Kate nor have I obsessively hated her. I always figured if William is happy, let them be. But now I am having doubts.

Am I wrong to think like this? Am I becoming like those obsessive haters all over the Internet? Is it immature of me? Or am I not alone?