The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Russo bets a good bottle of Merlot she bloody well wants to be the Queen of England!

I bet a good bottle of Merlot and 100 year old bottle of Irish Wiskey that she wants to be Queen of England :-)

Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Courtier

see video about rumor wedding..

Royal Marriage Rumors Resurface - CBS News Video

Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
see video about rumor wedding..

Royal Marriage Rumors Resurface - CBS News Video
Saw this on MSN too after checking my e-mail, so I had to rush over to see if there was any truth to the news!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

Replying to post #2349 by Charlotte 01
Pls tell me that if Kate marries wills she will not have to ever worry about money again.Kate will never have to take the train to go to work in the morning or commute to the suburbs. Everything will be done for her.
And U believe she is dragging her feet over loss of potential freedom?
Frankly I do not believe that Kate will be besiged as Diana was.
No one will ever experience what happened to Diana.
But I do think she is devoted to Wills and that she would want to marry and start a family like every other girl on the planet and then becoming Queen is great if you can get to be one. jmo.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:39 PM

My problem with Kate is that she far too devoted to William. She needs a life of her own, and she has yet to do that. If the wedding rumors are true, then Kate has no chance of developing herself as an individual.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
But there, I’m afraid, my sympathy ends. It’s five years since Kate left university and she’s failed to knuckle down and find a job. The fact that she hasn’t prompts in me an uneasy suspicion that she may be idle and spoiled.
Certainly William’s current location in North Wales, where he has just finished training in air sea rescue with the RAF, does not make things easy.
============================================================================
At the very least, she could have been doing some charity work. If the couple really are about to become officially engaged, then she must get down to something serious. She is 28 now, after all, and about to become a role model for women not just here but all over the world — which is why I feel so uneasy about those growing doubts that she is little more than a pampered princess.
She needs now to convince us that she has what it takes to be a real one.

Read more: Prince William and Katie Middleton's engagement imminent? | Mail Online

I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". And what's with William? Is he like his father, afraid of being overshadowed by a woman?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

I can't see Kate overshadowing him. She really hasn't IMO although the focus has been on whether or not they will become engaged? I think she's totally devoted to Prince William, because if she wasn't, she wouldn't be putting her life on hold as she has. She's hoping that he will marry her (I hope he does too that just my opinion). However, he will be the one who makes that choice.

I hope that you don't have a situation where after years of being with him (let's say Kate is now in her early 30's), that Prince William breaks up with her and then marries a 20 year old. I've known of a few situations (not involving royals of course) where this happened and the woman involved was devastasted . In your early 30's a woman biological clock is ticking and your time for having children is slowly fading. A man can father children well into his 40's, 50's, etc.

Of course you could always have the flip side of this (Kate leaves Prince William for a 24 year old male) but this would be highly unlikely. I actually knew a couple that were together for years (not royals), and the woman left for a much younger man which was a shocker because everyone thought the opposite might happen.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Read more: Prince William and Katie Middleton's engagement imminent? | Mail Online

I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". And what's with William? Is he like his father, afraid of being overshadowed by a woman?
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
The days of the royal family having a say in the choice of bride are long gone. Sure the monarch of the day will have to give their consent - or parliament will with a year's notice - but these days onlt one person has to find her suitable and that is William. Kate only has to prove herself to him and the rest of us have to accept her choice.

The article is right in that she will alwaus be compared to Diana and Wikkiam knows how awful that is going to be - to be compared to a dead woman who to some people was a saint. I do think that this is a major reason for the delay - along with his own commitments.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Serene Highness

Has there been instances of different royal families getting married in the same year? I would think it would be poor etiquette. The second raining on the first couple's parade. Also, it makes since for them to wait to marry until they are ready to have children. They are able to lead a more normal life while unmarried. Finally, the longer PW waits to marry the less likelyhood of a scandalous divorce.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Has there been instances of different royal families getting married in the same year? I would think it would be poor etiquette. The second raining on the first couple's parade. Also, it makes since for them to wait to marry until they are ready to have children. They are able to lead a more normal life while unmarried. Finally, the longer PW waits to marry the less likelyhood of a scandalous divorce.
In 2004 the Crown Prince of Spain married a week after the Crown Pronce of Denmark - so close in fact that Frederick and Mary didn't attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding as they were on their honeymoon. I don't think that either overshadowed the other, particularly as Frederick and Mary weren't at the second wedding, although Felipe and Letizia attended the Danish one the week before.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This writer seems to have them summed up,
Quote:
The announcement of Prince William’s engagement to Kate Middleton is said to be imminent, if a variety of newspaper reports are to be believed, with three ­poss­ible wedding dates under consid­eration for next summer.
Frankly, whether true or not, it’s about time. Apart from a brief separation in 2007, they’ve been together for nine years, and in these dour and straitened times, a royal wedding would certainly perk us all up.
At present, I fear William and Kate are in danger of becoming the world’s most boring couple.
It says that Kate has to grow up, whether they marry or not.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Its quite hard to believe all these reports since they have been talked about for so long with nothing happening. It feels more like they keep with the story every now and then so when it does happen they say we were the first to hint or break the news.

William saying he is ready for the Afghanistan war, to me, sound like someone who still doesn't want to settle unless we get a very long engagement.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Commoner

I would suggest they wait especially if he is deploying because that is when problems start women get lonely cause their huband or fiancee is gone for half a year.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe William really have a lot of work which is true !
But other thing I suppose is that he is unsure if Kate is right and just hope to understand the answer.He sure loves her,she not,but let's see what will happened
And I know 1 thing for sure:
Kate Middleton won't be Diana-NEVER !!! Nobody never can be like Diana !
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Prince William to ask for Queen's permission to marry Kate Middleton - mirror.co.uk

The latest ....
Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
Kate Middleton won't be Diana-NEVER !!! Nobody never can be like Diana !
I hope not. I don't think that either the British people or the BRF really want to have another Diana.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I hope not. I don't think that either the British people or the BRF really want to have another Diana.

We all agree that Diana was unique and I would be happy if I see ,,another Diana'' with more happiness because diana was unhappy.
I would be glad if I see more good people in this World ! She will be welcome!
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

LadyAnn,thanks for the news,but I read such and similar things from a lot of years.I don't believe in things that I don't hear or see-it's for everything,not for wedding !
Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
LadyAnn,thanks for the news,but I read such and similar things from a lot of years.I don't believe in things that I don't hear or see-it's for everything,not for wedding !

Who on here does ...it just the latest story printed ...only time will tell...when the actual story will finally break and I beleive it will be on the front lawn of the BP not in the daily mail... besides one of these times one of them is going to be right!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I do not think, that Wills still may have a chance to back down from an announcement of a wedding. Therefor all circumstances are speaking against that, including the long relationship and the fact, that they separated and were together since again.
Also I think, that asking for the Queens permission is an official step, but she obviously won´t say no. So it seems, everything will be set for a soon announcement.

Honestly speaking, although I am not a real fan of those 2 (they are really boring ) -- I am waiting for it now as well. Again a glittering wedding.... hopefully not too close to the Monaco wedding.

IMO she will never be as charismatic as Diana was. Nevertheless it would be the best thing for her not to be compared with Diana all the time, as this would imply not only the "sunny sides of live". I think, she will be clever enough to find here place in the firm without sinking. And her fashion sense is really not too bad ...
BYe Bine

Closed Thread