The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I hope you mean the royal "we" Muriel.
Perhaps there is a less anti-William & Kate feeling outside the Slough area !

Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Well across the pond, some of us are looking forward to a wedding. Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.

Hoping that she proves us all wrong and she is a worthy asset to the Firm.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well across the pond, some of us are looking forward to a wedding. Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.

Hoping that she proves us all wrong and she is a worthy asset to the Firm.
I tend to agree with you. I personally have been suffering from a bout of tabloid trash fatgue, especially in relation to possible announcements, Christmas at Sandringham or not, meetings at Balmoral with HM etc.

I have always held the view that I just do not know much about Kate, either as an individual, or about what she does with her time. As a result, I do not (and I believe the public at large is not) entitled to comment on whether she will be an asset to the BRF or not, or if she is a doormat, or if she is workshy.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I tend to agree with you. I personally have been suffering from a bout of tabloid trash fatgue, especially in relation to possible announcements, Christmas at Sandringham or not, meetings at Balmoral with HM etc.

I have always held the view that I just do not know much about Kate, either as an individual, or about what she does with her time. As a result, I do not (and I believe the public at large is not) entitled to comment on whether she will be an asset to the BRF or not, or if she is a doormat, or if she is workshy.
If after being with William for all this time and we still don't know much about her, one thing we can say though is that she's the epitome of discretion and that in itself is a plus for being a member of the BRF.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm looking forward to a wedding, any wedding to be honest.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I really am too. I spent the day glued to my monitor watching Victoria and Daniel's wedding and I don't even follow the SRF at all.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Prince William and Kate Middleton, new round of wedding rumors - National Royal News | Examiner.com

Wow did I lose count has it really been 10 years???
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post

They are celebrating the end of 9 years together and the start of their 10th at least according to this link posted yesterday Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William's wedding promise for Kate Middleton which in all other respects is saying much the same thing.

Quote:
Kate and William, both 28, this week began their tenth year together after meeting as students at St Andrews University in Scotland.
and
Quote:
Kate does not want to be still waiting around on their tenth anniversary next October.
As he didn't start at St Andrews until 2001 it can't be 10 years since they met this year.

I suspect that today's report has picked up on yesterday's but missed the nuance of the language of 'began their tenth year together' and took it to mean have been together for 10 years rather than 9.

The first predictions of an engagement started about six years ago (I remember that timing because when the announcement came about the engagement of Charles and Camilla's engagement the morning headlines were 'royal engegement' and I immediately thought it was William and Kate but no...)
Old 10-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Thanks for clearing that up for me Bertie... still seems like the years have flown by so fast ....funny way of wording it though IMO...
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am laughing so hard I can barely type.

Did a google to see what came up with Kate Middleton and this is one of the top ones besides Wiki.

Enjoy and have a good laugh!

The Spoof : Kate Middelton's boob job disaster: William feels real tit funny satire story

There really isn't much out there about her these days isn't there?
Poor taste...
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Me too! lol
Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Only the 10th year? It seems much longer to me. A wedding is nice but a good marriage is much much better.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Only the 10th year? It seems much longer to me. A wedding is nice but a good marriage is much much better.
They've spent 9 years together not 10.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They've spent 9 years together not 10.

I didn´t say 10 years I said 10th year as was explained further up the thread.
It is like the centuries, the 20th century was 1900 and so on.
It still seems much longer than that to me.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Courtier

What’s It About Kate Middleton That Some Hacks Like So Much? | Stirring Trouble Internationally - A humorous take on news and current affairs | Stirring Trouble Internationally provides an witty, alternative viewpoint on todays news stories and

William will have the last say who he does/does not marry.
I have not seen them together for ages has Kate left the Planet?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That article is very very trashy

Quote:
But most importantly of all, Katie seems to have absolutely no idea of how to behave as a girlfriend of the second in line for the British throne should. The main rule is that you stay out of the picture, as much as possible, and not behave like a X-Factor contestant who suddenly became famous and craves all the publicity in the world. (I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ms Middleton has an album adorned with all the newspaper clippings and photos of her)"
Well seeing as nobody has seen her in about 3 months and not a lot before that either. So she is staying out the picture.
Kate is always the one who gets criticised, like William is immune from doing wrong.

Quote:
I bet it was the Queen who had instructed her advisors to get Prince William as far from London, and from his girlfriend, as possible and that’s why, I reckon, he was sent to Wales to fly his rescue sea helicopters there. Katie though didn’t hesitate to follow, even though there are no clubs there and the snappers don’t really fancy hanging out in the rain for a chance to get a glimpse of the couple. So the trick didn’t really work. Not yet at least.
This writer has absolutely no clue about the royal family, he complains that she is in the limelight too much, and when she goes to live with William she is criticised again.

Quote:
Katie doesn’t really excite the rest of the family all that much
That is the point of the royal wife, she stays quiet and does her duty.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Nobility

Normally I am only interested in jewelry related things - and not much about jewelry (e.g. engagement ring ) here to see.
So I am out of my field now - saying - that this whole story is simply boring - sorry to say.
All those years of speculation - people are finally not interested anymore if they will become engaged or not.
Full stop.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
people are finally not interested anymore if they will become engaged or not.
Some people still are.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

I would be very happy if it's true because I don't like her at all,but unfortunatelly....no !
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 10-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.
I believe this is exactly how Brits feel about her - they are bored to death and dont care. I doubt this feeling will change in case they get married, IMO they have overdone the waiting game and exhausted the public opinion. The mags of course will pour out the sugar because they need to make up for the long lost cash cow since Diana tragically bowed out.

I think the worst that could happen to a monarchy is that people dont care anymore, the first step towards abolishment. It could be a fatal combination together with the sentiments that a King Charles will have to face anyway once he is in charge.

Closed Thread